Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen in this forum.

Infracted [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-11-29 at 04:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Had a really bad day, so not in the most constructive of moods but going to try. There seems to be mostly two groups this issue. Those who agree with my position, that raiding should be more casual friendly-which would only raise profit and extend the life of the game- and those who are of the belief that it's better for a limited number of people to raid so long as it's more challenging.

I love WoW. I'd say it's probably my drug. I juggle two jobs, a taxing school and a difficult personal life just to play. As I have indicated in this thread, I'm not the most skilled of players, I'd say I'm a good 6 of ten. But again, I love it. Heart of Fear, Terrace, Thunder King, these are the memories of WoW that make it fun. Exciting. Brilliant. And part of that was the rewards- my Klaxxi Sabers from the box fight in MoP are my most treasured one hand. Yes, I can go back now, and collect to my hearts content. But doing it while it is current content, makes it a billion times more exciting. I don't think it is fair or healthy for the game to restrict one of the most exciting parts of the game and it's rewards to a perhaps 6% of the game community.

- - - Updated - - -

To add to this, wouldn't you as hardcore raiders, want more subscriptions
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    I'm not asking for mythic gear for lfr effort. I'm asking for normal gear for normal effort-not normal effort plus 5 mods plus a spreadsheet plus an understanding of how Blizz programs it's memory.
    Well that's already what you are getting then. You don't need Addams for normal raiding. Just a normal amount of effort. You don't need to optimise stats, I'll on gear is fine for normal.

Lfr sounds more like your alley though. No effort = shitty rewards. But they are still epic. Seems perfect for you tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Had a really bad day, so not in the most constructive of moods but going to try. There seems to be mostly two groups this issue. Those who agree with my position, that raiding should be more casual friendly-which would only raise profit and extend the life of the game- and those who are of the belief that it's better for a limited number of people to raid so long as it's more challenging.

I love WoW. I'd say it's probably my drug. I juggle two jobs, a taxing school and a difficult personal life just to play. As I have indicated in this thread, I'm not the most skilled of players, I'd say I'm a good 6 of ten. But again, I love it. Heart of Fear, Terrace, Thunder King, these are the memories of WoW that make it fun. Exciting. Brilliant. And part of that was the rewards- my Klaxxi Sabers from the box fight in MoP are my most treasured one hand. Yes, I can go back now, and collect to my hearts content. But doing it while it is current content, makes it a billion times more exciting. I don't think it is fair or healthy for the game to restrict one of the most exciting parts of the game and it's rewards to a perhaps 6% of the game community.

- - - Updated - - -

Lfr and normal raiding already is casual friendly

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I understand where you're coming from but the only reason we would want more subscriptions is to ensure the game doesnt die. I love the end game raiding and the people people who are competing on a US/World level arent going to be affected by an influx of people who thought that game was too hard staying/coming back.

Im not ignorant to the fact that mythic raiders are in the minority and if we dont maintain the subs of people who dont want to take the game as seriously (be it time, dedication, whatever) the game will die. But sub numbers really dont effect me. The same people have been competing at the top (like ~25 US or ~100 World) for years and ill continue having fun with the game as long as Blizzard keeps making challenging raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys and girls. I'm making this thread because I have been a player since 2005 and I have noticed a sharp climb in the difficulty of encounters. I'm not talking about Pve single player questing. But I honestly started out in BC with a guild that happily raided. We weren't very good, but it was fun, and not migraine inducingly difficult.

Now over the years, players have been clamoring for challenges and raising of difficulty, up to the point of insult if you are not up to their level. To quote a book I enjoy, it's like playing chess, while knitting, while playing jeopardy, while driving a car. This is a game people. NOT a physics/calculus/Latin course. And I have a frikking degree! I was reading a thread about min/maxing using a certain trinket, when I realized I couldn't understand what I was reading. And I'm considered a mathematician.

So what's the point? Can we please not lock all the cool rewards behind Olympic level difficulty? I can't even raid at this point outside LFR, and we all know the wonderful rewards from there. I understand some few enjoy beating their heads against a keyboard after the 316th time wiping, but I am not one of them. Please. Lower the difficulty for us mortals.
    stop being shit at the game... its easy... wasd 1-6 shift 1-6 ezezez

Deleted
    Too hard i dont know, but definitly too complex.

The number of boss mechanics per fight keeps increasing and optimising the output of classes requires addons like Weak auras to monitor procs, buff, debuffs or resources.

I do think its gotten out of hand. No game should require addons to be played to its full potencial.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are 4 difficulty levels. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

If you cant find progress in one of those difficulties, you need to stop playing video games. What else does Blizzard need to do?

Yes. If by hard you mean it has become very difficult to even convince myself to login.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    What else does Blizzard need to do?
    Tune the shit right, like they said they were going to but failed to do. Did you read anything in the thread before posting?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Tune the shit right, like they said they were going to but failed to do. Did you read anything in the thread before posting?
    Also, large simplification of rotations, well beyond the minor reductions in complexity they've already added, to reduce the difference in performance between those with skill/high end PCs/very low latency/add-ons, and those without.

- - - Updated - - -

If you cant find progress in one of those difficulties, you need to stop playing video games. What else does Blizzard need to do?
    The mere presence of the higher difficulty modes sucks the reward out of the lower ones. The game is saying "you suck, but let me throw you a pathetic bone".

What Blizzard needs to do is target the median players, and not the high end. Trying to please the latter spoils the game for the former.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Also, large simplification of rotations, well beyond the minor reductions in complexity they've already added, to reduce the difference in performance between those with skill/high end PCs/very low latency/add-ons, and those without.
    Sounds like a great way to make an already forgettable game even more undesirable to play.

Even though the OP very likely might be a troll, quite a few of you here seem to agree with his/her's opinion.

I haven't raided seriously since Wotlk, only did first tier in cata and no MoP at all. In WoD I've run like 5 LFR's in total, without even bothering reading up tacs or anything. Just as HFC was released my friend wanted me to join this BRF HC pug on my undergeared resto sham, since I still hadn't read up on tacs my friend just told me what do do while the encounter was in progress. We killed the first 4 or so bosses on the first attempt.

I am unaware of the difficulty during cata&mop but i sure as hell wouldn't have been able to run through lets say Ulduar HM's undergeared and without knowing tacs inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Sounds like a great way to make an already forgettable game even more undesirable to play.
    For the high end players, yes. But designing the game as if those players mattered has been Blizzard's game-destroying mistake.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Obviously lfr needs to become easier and offer more rewards so their useless numbers can look good on reports.

wow isnt hard, its just big and confusing
    vanilla was never harder it just took you 8 years to do a single thing which was annoying rather than difficult

Bridging the gap from LFR to organised raiding is still a challenge in WoW despite all the advances. I don't know if it'll ever be truly solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

WoD is the most "tedious" of expansions to launch hard isnt really the right word, tedious in the sense that the drops are so RNG based that their value and your optimisation is entirley down to gods luck then yes, its hard if your trying to get up to an optimal build for your class.

Especially when trying to raid.

Its hard, in that trying to repeat the same content over and over to "get" that optimised gear is definatley a chore and is boring as hell to do, and is frankly the worst design choice blizzard has gone for period.

Its not exactly the difficulty that destroys WoD and makes WoW insanely difficult, its the actual effort required to "get" to the difficulty you want to reach thats annoying, and definatley tedious.

It is indeed becoming too hard, but that is not the actual problem

The real problem is that reward is increasingly focused on difficult content - having 60-100 item level difference in a single tier is not healthy for the game
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    For the high end players, yes. But designing the game as if those players mattered has been Blizzard's game-destroying mistake.
    Not just for high end players. You're introduced to your skills as you increase in level in this game, and there are already pretty big 'gaps' in new skills thanks in part to the prune. Learning how to use all those skills in various situations was one of the things this game had in its favor.

Don't get me wrong.. there are aspects of the game I like, but GW2 action bars, and the level of sheer repetition that comes along with them, should be a lesson in how not to design things.

LOL no .. not even.

I am a person that plays on a Legacy server (i'm not promoting or advertising it).. the one thing I miss is the challenge of leveling and current wow is so boring/ easy is leveling and as soon as you hit 100 you are full epic in a few hours.

I've been max level for weeks and still wearing blues / greens.. love it.