Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Horde [Spoilers] Sylvanas and her dark methods in Legion

So we know that Sylvanas is the new warchief of the Horde in Legion and because of that one question comes to my mind.

She will lead the Horde on her rules so do you think she will use her Val'kyr to ressurect Orcs, Trolls, Taurens etc - other members of the Horde?

Because for sure Horde will lose a lot of troops in various battles against the Legion so in theory, Forsaken should ressurect as much members of the Horde as possible to win this war against the Legion.

Let's just make an example (this is not in-game, I'm making this up):

Saurfang leads an army of orcs on the Broken Isles - they all die in a battle against demons. Do you think Sylvanas would go and ressurect him and his champions in order to win this war?
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2015-11-26 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    No because then everyone in the horde will be calling for head which she wants to avoid. Now resurrecting alliance soldiers that die? They got no problems with that and I would not mind seeing that. I think they approach this topic in SOO with Lothremar he has no issues with her messing with alliance corpses but if she touches an elven corpse then they have a few things to talk about via his sword.

With the way the living generally feel about undeath, it'd generate bad will towards her, which can escalate quickly. I can imagine how much the situation frustrates Sylvanas, since the matter shouldn't be that volatile. Rising a dead person into undeath isn't bad in itself. No society has a right to declare it foul when this new form of existence only concerns the newly risen. It is their right to choose for themselves what they will do with it. Don't like it? Then re-die. Oh, you like it? Great, there are a couple of good options for you to go for, like joining the Forsaken, the Argent Crusade, other branches of the Horde, or hell, go live your unlife as a free agent.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Honestly I think Sylvanas will have huge temptation to use her freedom to unleash her own methods...

But she's seen Garrosh, and the horrors of the Lich King. I am thinking/hoping a redemption story, where she chooses the interests of the Horde, over her own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    With the way the living generally feel about undeath, it'd generate bad will towards her, which can escalate quickly. I can imagine how much the situation frustrates Sylvanas, since the matter shouldn't be that volatile. Rising a dead person into undeath isn't bad in itself. No society has a right to declare it foul when this new form of existence only concerns the newly risen. It is their right to choose for themselves what they will do with it. Don't like it? Then re-die. Oh, you like it? Great, there are a couple of good options for you to go for, like joining the Forsaken, the Argent Crusade, other branches of the Horde, or hell, go live your unlife as a free agent.
    It is implicated that undeads in general are damned. Even Naaru's came to send an heroic Crusader to the light befor he can become undead.

I don't know. The trailer where she calmly nods to varian and then saves his ass makes me think that sylvanas will get a bit more dimension to her character this expansion other than pure selfish evil.

Can Sylvanas even raise non-humans/non-elves? I'm pretty sure only Arthas could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Can Sylvanas even raise non-humans/non-elves? I'm pretty sure only Arthas could do that.
    Technically Sylvanas can't raise anyone, her Val'kyr do that. That being said, I'm not sure what limits Val'kyr have, if any, in regards to raising the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    Technically Sylvanas can't raise anyone, her Val'kyr do that. That being said, I'm not sure what limits Val'kyr have, if any, in regards to raising the dead.
    But mind you that Mannaroth was raised by Gul'dan. Therefore the undead may very well not be as limited as we think. There may be a chance that Sylvanas just chose to only request that certain races be raised from the dead.
    There was also a cursed area in the WC3 scenario where undead orcs battled against one another non-stop, continually being reanimated after death and forced to live out the war between their tribes.

Well, speaking of Val'kyr...

Who else gets the impression that that Sylvanas is going to try and learn some things from the Val’kyr Queen Helya, and perhaps even steal a few of her secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordark View Post
    But mind you that Mannaroth was raised by Gul'dan. Therefore the undead may very well not be as limited as we think. There may be a chance that Sylvanas just chose to only request that certain races be raised from the dead.
    There was also a cursed area in the WC3 scenario where undead orcs battled against one another non-stop, continually being reanimated after death and forced to live out the war between their tribes.
    True, but Sylvanas is not a warlock, let alone a warlock as powerful as Gul'dan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, speaking of Val'kyr...

Who else gets the impression that that Sylvanas is going to try and learn some things from the Val’kyr Queen Helya, and perhaps even steal a few of her secrets?

I expect something along those lines to take place.

I expect something along those lines to take place.
    Well, I think that would suit her. Maybe she can even find whatever the trick to creating more Val'kyr is. Magic that works on Vrykul seems to work on Humans, so maybe she could even use it to create a new form of Undead from her favored followers.

Strangest possibility is if Sylvanas became a new sort of Val'kyr Queen with a host of brand new Angels of Death.

I can see her Val'kyr raising a few Alliance people because Blizzard just wants to fuck with Alliance players and not following it up with any sort of story. Oh wait, that's already fucking happened!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    It is implicated that undeads in general are damned. Even Naaru's came to send an heroic Crusader to the light befor he can become undead.
    not really, you free souls just by killing ghouls in the plaguelands, Sylvanas is differnt because her soul was twisted/broken by Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Just have Horde Soldiers wear dogtags if they want to be reanimated.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I can see her Val'kyr raising a few Alliance people because Blizzard just wants to fuck with Alliance players and not following it up with any sort of story. Oh wait, that's already fucking happened!
    They did follow it up. She sends the player to kill Alliance members so that her Val'kyrs can raise them as Forsaken, then the player stumbles across a group of Worgens. They quickly discover that the Val'kyr's powers don't work on the Worgen corpses. Sylvanas then launches an attack on the Worgens, and after several upsets it culminates to her getting shot in the head. One of the Val'kyr sacrifices herself to revive Sylvanas. Sylvanas realizes that she is in fact very mortal and decides to be extra careful about sending her limited supply of extra lives on the battlefield to raise more Forsaken for her troops.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    They did follow it up. She sends the player to kill Alliance members so that her Val'kyrs can raise them as Forsaken, then the player stumbles across a group of Worgens. They quickly discover that the Val'kyr's powers don't work on the Worgen corpses. Sylvanas then launches an attack on the Worgens, and after several upsets it culminates to her getting shot in the head. One of the Val'kyr sacrifices herself to revive Sylvanas. Sylvanas realizes that she is in fact very mortal and decides to be extra careful about sending her limited supply of extra lives on the battlefield to raise more Forsaken for her troops.
    She has hundreds of lesser Val'kyr that can raise people too. IIRC the Main Val'kyr spawn them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe she (her Val'kyr) raises Varian and leads both, horde an alliance. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

Now she only needs to find out if DNR stands for 'Do not resuscitate' or 'Do not reanimate/ressurect'

I propose a DNCR!
    That would actually be cool. But it should be the opposite, wear a tag if you WANT to be brought back, ressurection is bad in most Horde cultures. For orcs, they would be pretty pissed if they came back after earning an honorable death. Goblins like pleasure and luxury, undeath doesn't grant you much. For blood elves, it would most likely bring back bad memories of the Scourge. The only ones I can see being okay with it in big numbers are trolls (necromancy is common in voodoo anyway) tauren, (being undead would bring them closer to nature, what with rotting and all) and pandaren just roll with whatever comes.

she can raise humans free of the worgen curse and its implied she can raise elves but the valkyr can't raise anything else as of yet which lead to the alliance sending in dwarven and gnomish troops specifically so they can't be used against them.

it was never a matter of permission it was a matter of what was capable of the valkyr
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    That isn't implicate in anywhere. Crusader Bridenbeard or however he was named was send to The Light because he simply couldn't be saved from being undead. But it's never reference that if he transform his soul would be dammed.