Deleted

Australian Police mistake Spider for Wife

Img: Neighbours reported the man as yelling 'I’m going to kill you, you’re dead' followed by screams.

Sydney - Police say a man was left “quite embarrassed” after several neighbours mistook his efforts to kill a spider for a domestic violence incident.

Around 2am on Sunday several police cars rushed to an apartment in the northern suburb of Wollstonecraft, responding to reports of a woman screaming hysterically, a man yelling, “I’m going to kill you, you’re dead”, and furniture being thrown.

A man police described as “out of breath and rather flushed” answered the door and the local area command’s Facebook page documented the exchange that followed.

“Where’s your wife?” an officer asked.
    “I don’t have one,” the man replied.
    “Where’s your girlfriend?” he pressed.
    “I don’t have one,” he said.

Police told the man neighbours had heard the screams, the threats to kill, the dull thud of flung furniture. “Come on mate, what have you done to her?” the officer asked.

“It was a spider,” the man replied sheepishly. “A really big one.”
    “What about the woman screaming?”
    “Yeah sorry, that was me,” he said. “I really, really hate spiders.”

The commotion was down to the man frantically chasing the spider around his apartment with a can of insect spray, police said.
    They inspected the unit just to be sure, finding nobody injured. “Other than the spider,” officers added.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/nation...Lbs?li=AAavLaF

Than the police was forced to shoot the spider repeatedly to put it down.

Spider version of.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can relate. Few weeks ago I was woken up by one of those massive loud flies zipping past my ear, and of course when I got up to kill it it was nowhere to be found. Every time I tried to go back to sleep it came back buzzing around my ear, actually repeatedly crashing into it, and then full stealth mode when I tried to find it to kill it. After like 30 minutes of that you enter a special kind of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I can relate. Few weeks ago I was woken up by one of those massive loud flies zipping past my ear, and of course when I got up to kill it it was nowhere to be found. Every time I tried to go back to sleep it came back buzzing around my ear, actually repeatedly crashing into it, and then full stealth mode when I tried to find it to kill it. After like 30 minutes of that you enter a special kind of rage.
    And that is how neighborhoods get burned to the ground.

Next time he'd best:

9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Norway has flies in winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Norway has flies in winter?
    Norway is strange. Once I was reviewing some energy infrastructure project in northern Norway, and I've seen what I can only identify as dense clouds of mosquitoes.

People would think you don't have much in the way of insects so far up north, but nope, THEY ARE FUCKING EVERYWHERE. And we are talking about +8 to +15 C temperatures.

Holy fuck! Thank you Gen-OT, spent the last 5 minutes in hysterics, exactly what my soul needed.

You gotta be careful in Australia, between the venomous spiders and the wives. I know which one keeps me up at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Norway is strange. Once I was reviewing some energy infrastructure project in northern Norway, and I've seen what I can only identify as dense clouds of mosquitoes.
    I heard that a swarm of arctic mosquitos can suck you dry and kill you.

Well, it is Australia. So that was a life and death encounter. His screams and the commotion seem legit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does this sound like an Onion article.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Well, it is Australia. So that was a life and death encounter. His screams and the commotion seem legit.
    Indeed, yesterday even I learned Australia banned an episode of the child's show, Peppa Pig, because it had a friendly spider in it, and they didn't want children to think spiders could be friendly.

Proof, because the actual source was the Jackbox games- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arachnids.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    I heard that a swarm of arctic mosquitos can suck you dry and kill you.
    They actually prefer to hollow out the intersticial fat between your organs and climb inside you for warmth - keeping you alive as long as possible - and only feasting upon you when you grow cold and they require a new host.

Source: I used to work in Northern Canada.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Indeed, yesterday even I learned Australia banned an episode of the child's show, Peppa Pig, because it had a friendly spider in it, and they didn't want children to think spiders could be friendly.

Proof, because the actual source was the Jackbox games- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arachnids.html
    Oh please. Bees are far more dangerous to the people of Australia. Hell, even the "OMG SO SCARY" giant huntsman spiders of Australia aren't even a threat to humans.

I like the list of "Australia's 10 most dangerous spiders." It leads off with The MOST DANGEROUS SPIDER IN ALL OF AUSTRALIA AND POTENTIALLY THE WORLD, THE DEADLY SYDNEY FUNNEL WEB... CAN CAUSE SEVERE REACTIONS IN... ONE... of six bites... and... hasn't had a recorded death since 1981...

The THIRD most deadly spider... hasn't had any recorded deaths since the 1950s.

When your list of "most deadly spiders" starts off like that, you know the spiders aren't all that dangerous.

And then by the fifth spider species it's down to "generally cause only localized pain"

You know, I bet more people have been seriously injured by pigs in Australia than spiders.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They actually prefer to hollow out the intersticial fat between your organs and climb inside you for warmth - keeping you alive as long as possible - and only feasting upon you when you grow cold and they require a new host.

Source: I used to work in Northern Canada.
    Ah so thats what those emergency plans the US military keeps in case of a zombie invasion are for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

People would think you don't have much in the way of insects so far up north, but nope, THEY ARE FUCKING EVERYWHERE. And we are talking about +8 to +15 C temperatures.
    What, you don't have those elsewhere? D: