Poll: Do you believe in Santa Claus?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The cookies always get eaten....*rocks self*....the cookies always get eaten....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I don't see how having kids necessitates lying for amusement.
    The amusement is for them, not the parent.

You must be fucking miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The amusement is for them, not the parent.
    You don't seem to grasp the 'lying' part.

You must be fucking miserable.
    Not particularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe in elven claus.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc I dont truly believe in Santa. But I like the Santa aspect ^^
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Sure. I also believe in invisible sky unicorns, ghosts, magic, dragons and whatever else one's mind can conjure up
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course I do! I see him at the mall all the time waiting for children to sit on his lap!

I don't see anything wrong with letting your children believe in fictional fantasy characters nor if the parent chooses to tell their children early on that Santa Claus is just a traditional fairytale. The truth doesn't hurt. It's just the way it's presented. You dont wanna wake up your children Christmas morning and tell them they won't be getting any presents because Santa Claus isn't real.

Santa Claus is actually...

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Well he would be considered an Alien citizen since he's from the North Pole.

You don't seem to grasp the 'lying' part.

Not particularly.
    Sheesh you must be fun at parties. The whole point of Santa Claus is to allow whimsical fantasy, not enable naivety ya sad sack. In fact, not only is it ceremonious to instill the belief, but also such to dash it at a certain age teaching that not everything is always true no matter how much you believe in it, giving a dose of reality that most kids need at a point in their life.

Despite that, Santa Claus and believing in the whimsy isn't anything but fun for the children. Do you have kids? If so, would you teach them to be a spoil sport like you? I mean, let's be real. If you have a kid, you'll not lie to them right? What about the parents that didn't want their kids to miss out on the fun of a fat jolly man with a bag full o' toys left under your Christmas Tree? Is it cool for your child to break that precious touch of youth? I mean, I'm just saying, the mentality you got is just sort of pessimistic and not as real as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    Sheesh you must be fun at parties. The whole point of Santa Claus is to allow whimsical fantasy, not enable naivety ya sad sack. In fact, not only is it ceremonious to instill the belief, but also such to dash it at a certain age teaching that not everything is always true no matter how much you believe in it, giving a dose of reality that most kids need at a point in their life.
    Or you could just be forthright and teach exactly the same lesson.

Despite that, Santa Claus and believing in the whimsy isn't anything but fun for the children. Do you have kids? If so, would you teach them to be a spoil sport like you? I mean, let's be real. If you have a kid, you'll not lie to them right? What about the parents that didn't want their kids to miss out on the fun of a fat jolly man with a bag full o' toys left under your Christmas Tree? Is it cool for your child to break that precious touch of youth? I mean, I'm just saying, the mentality you got is just sort of pessimistic and not as real as you think.
    There's nothing wrong with a pessimistic outlook in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I do. Not only is his postal code Canadian (H0H 0H0, for the record), but he's tracked every year by NATO, live.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    More accurately, Santa Claus is actually;

Bushy white beard? Check.
    Elves? Check.
    Magic powers? Check.
    Lives in the North? Check.
    The only real tweaks were that Sleipnir, his 8-legged flying horse, got shifted into 8 reindeer, and he does a lot less sundering and cleaving these days. But yeah, Santa Claus is totes Odin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you know God and Santa are the same person?

I don't see how having kids necessitates lying for amusement.
    You've never been a kid? They reliably go through a phase of development where they make-believe things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Well he would be considered an Alien citizen since he's from the North Pole.
    An illegal alien at that...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You've never been a kid? They reliably go through a phase of development where they make-believe things.

- - - Updated - - -

He is pretty much a Illegal alien in every country he visits

Donald trump would like to have a word with him

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    And with all the recent national-tension, I wouldn't be surprised if he's shot down by an anti-aircraft missle.

Deleted
    Best thread ever :P 18/27

How about you get your kid a present as yourself (his dad, or mom I guess if dad insists that he wants a "present" too) instead of dressing up as someone that the kid will eventually realise didn't even exist.

Not trying to offend anyone, I just think that the kid will appreciate more his dad being honest as well as a cool dad. Besides, kids today have more means to have fun than we used to, so maybe stories about immaginary people should be kept for reading books and playing video games.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2015-11-27 at 05:49 AM.

The threads in this forum are getting worse everyday ^^