10+ Year Old Account

Well, I gave Binding of Issac a fair chance.

I understand that many will not think this, but I think giving a game like this 20 hours to see if I would enjoy it is a good amount of time. Unfortunately, it's all I can take. After 20 hours of beating my head against the wall, I still have only gotten the first ending, and have TWICE made it to the second ending boss. I don't know what kind of absolutely horrendous luck I am having, because my item drops leave MUCH to be desired. I do not have the patience to keep slogging my way through crap, only to get these activatables over and over and over again. Apparently there are stat boosts in this game. I think i'm going to find the most overpowered seed on the internet then try to beat it. If that doesn't work, then oh well. I can say I tried to enjoy the game. I didn't.

Have you tried playing normal mode? Hard mode can be difficult at times.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

(You probably could have just posted this in the thread you made yesterday.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I understand that many will not think this, but I think giving a game like this 20 hours to see if I would enjoy it is a good amount of time. Unfortunately, it's all I can take. After 20 hours of beating my head against the wall, I still have only gotten the first ending, and have TWICE made it to the second ending boss. I don't know what kind of absolutely horrendous luck I am having, because my item drops leave MUCH to be desired. I do not have the patience to keep slogging my way through crap, only to get these activatables over and over and over again. Apparently there are stat boosts in this game. I think i'm going to find the most overpowered seed on the internet then try to beat it. If that doesn't work, then oh well. I can say I tried to enjoy the game. I didn't.
    Sure there is luck involved but you can't blame THAT many runs on not getting good items.

You have to learn to properly dodge enemies, protect your red hearts from being damaged so you maximize your devil deal/angle room chance. Need to make sure you are farming all the rooms for consumables and money and buying the worth while items that show up in the shop, hitting all tinted rocks to maximize soul hearts to protect your red hearts, opening the majority of gold chests you come across because good items are in that item pool. There is a reason people can go on 200+ win streaks in the game you can manipulate the rng to your favor the vast majority of the time.

Your first step would be learning to play(which there is no shame in, it's actually a rather complicated game) not complaining about never getting good items.

Deleted
    Well at least you tried it, and perhaps even paid money for it? That's more than I would do :P

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand Binding of Isaac. I know that it is a cult classic, but just like Super Meat Boy and Braid, I just don't like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I never spent so much time for video games a day for video games.
    I don`t understand hhow people canwaste so much time for just investigade and explore it.. Remember I even sae the post from gamer that don`t even wash his head as he has no time because of gaming..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be fair, TBOI is purely skill based game. The amount of seeds that are "impossible" is almost non-existent, and its not unusual to have 95% win rate.

In other words, hear the wise advice from Cranky Kong and "Git gud". But seriously, just try dodging bullets.

You can beat pretty much everything in the game with a vanilla run and no pickups. The only exceptions I would suggest are not very plausible are things like Hush and Mega Satan. Managing not to take damage on a level at all is also a skill to develop. Getting Devil/Angel items can mean the difference between a complete slog of a run and an incredibly easy one.

Also, learn to value health based builds less and practice glass cannon style runs. Characters like The Lost literally require you to be good at not getting hit, until you can master more advanced re-roll runs.

I've recently started playing Nuclear Throne and have been dying tons as I learn how the base mechanics and items/enemies work. These types of roguelikes are a constant learning experience and aren't designed to be easily beaten off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    You can beat pretty much everything in the game with a vanilla run and no pickups. The only exceptions I would suggest are not very plausible are things like Hush and Mega Satan. Managing not to take damage on a level at all is also a skill to develop. Getting Devil/Angel items can mean the difference between a complete slog of a run and an incredibly easy one.

Also, learn to value health based builds less and practice glass cannon style runs. Characters like The Lost literally require you to be good at not getting hit, until you can master more advanced re-roll runs.

I've recently started playing Nuclear Throne and have been dying tons as I learn how the base mechanics and items/enemies work. These types of roguelikes are a constant learning experience and aren't designed to be easily beaten off the bat.

Angel Rooms? Are they even a thing? Sigh, in Afterbirth the item pool there is so baaaaaaaaad compared to Devil rooms and beside Sacred Heart and Godhead, you only do an Angel run for Mega Satan, and more often than not the game gives you Dad's key on the Chest/Dark Room :P

On a serious note, the new BoI is a lot easier than vanilla, but vanilla was also cheaper. If you don't like it, it's your opinion, but it's more of a fact you don't know the strategy to survive and protect your red hearts. Devil Rooms start spawning from the second floor, and if you don't take red heart damage for the whole floor, you are guaranteed a devil deal. Successive spawns of this room are affected by diminishing return.

Meh, i learnt many tricks for this game watching Northenlion playing on YT. He can do some stupid shit, but i became fairly good at this title thanks to him XD

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Angel Rooms? Are they even a thing? Sigh, in Afterbirth the item pool there is so baaaaaaaaad compared to Devil rooms and beside Sacred Heart and Godhead, you only do an Angel run for Mega Satan, and more often than not the game gives you Dad's key on the Chest/Dark Room :P
    I would say that the Angel room is a huge crutch for new players, if they manage to get there. The items are weaker in general, when compared to Devil room items, but, the survivability that most of them offer is /normally/ great. Holy Mantle for example, can be a complete game changer, making even the lowest health runs completely plausible, due to the huge margin of error it allows from pickup onwards. Not to mention free access to Curse Rooms/abuse of Blood Banks, etc.

Also I agree on people checking out Northernlion's runs. Guy's freaking hilarious.

Unrelated: I've been absolutely terrible on a lot of Daily runs, due to the Dice meta and taking way, way too many risks, screwing over easy runs and leaving myself with terrible builds. I blame NL for that inspiration.

But the problem with Holy Mantle is that it's in the regular item room pool too, still a sick item that i will pick up everytime without blinking and thanking RNGesus for another free win!

Ps, Fuck the Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Devil Deals have better damage items but claiming the angel pool is bad is ignorant as hell. Angel pool has the best survival items in the game which can be a god send to newer players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, we don't like a game. That's normal.

I have absolutely no desire to play it, but I enjoy watching some youtubers play it. I like some games that are about getting better and overcoming challenges, I just don't want to put in the time on this one. Rather let other people do it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed you even gave it 20 hours despite not enjoying it. It's not like the game's going to change massively after even 2 hours.