Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy Level 90 rogue getting OWNED by normal quest mobs in WOD.

Please, don't edit my thread and topics ,,l,,
    Last edited by ReleaseDay; 2016-01-15 at 06:07 PM.

Don't open with Ambush whilst levelling; the damage:energy cost without Dance makes it shit unless you're using Shadow Focus - even then it gives mobs the chance to avoid your KS after.

Open with Cheap Shot (or MFD Kidney) > Hemo (assuming glyph to apply SV) > BS until 5 Evisc > MFD+evisc (if you didn't use it for Kidney).

Glyphs:
    Deadly Momentum - keep Recup & SnD up from your first mob per quest grinding area.
    Hemorrhaging Veins
    Recuperate

Spec into Nerve Strike, Leeching Poison, Prey on the Weak & MFD.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-11-27 at 06:07 AM.

i boosted a 90 rogue with the free boost and i never got a problem killing normal monsters, only elite ones.

Sure, i could try different rotations, and i have, i even went back to combat for a little while and tried it, but this goes beyond all that. I'm honestly wondering if there could be some glitch, with number squish or whatever, that has me locked to lvl 60 although it says lvl 90 lol. There is no way i can die in 3-4 hits from a NORMAL starting zone quest mob?

Well you shouldn't have dressed like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Sure, i could try different rotations, and i have, i even went back to combat for a little while and tried it, but this goes beyond all that. I'm honestly wondering if there could be some glitch, with number squish or whatever, that has me locked to lvl 60 although it says lvl 90 lol. There is no way i can die in 3-4 hits from a NORMAL starting zone quest mob?
    Check my previous reply - edited it a bit. But, you shouldn't really be getting hit. Open with a stun and they should die before it ends. Rogues are just really squishy, was even worse levelling in MoP compared to WoD.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-11-27 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Check my previous reply - edited it a bit. But, you shouldn't really be getting hit. Open with a stun and they should die before it ends.
    yep, i'm trying your suggestion atm and its idd better, i can do a lot more dmg before taking dmg myself, but the second i do, i get lose 30% of hp in 1-2 htis (i have 49k hp at maxed btw) and i'm dealing too low dmg to take out most mobs before they can hit me back. The "rare" mobs that are all over the start of frostfire ridge i can just forget about.

you can literally white hit the tannan opening mobs to death, did you die and get res sickness and not realize what it did?

Just going to express my opinion that the *r word really shouldn't be used that way. Yes, I know.. I hear people use it in that context from time to time. It doesn't make it right and it shouldn't be a part of everyday gaming vernacular.

On topic though. I found Rogue had that issue in the transition between Wotlk and Cataclysm and at the beginning of WoD. All you require are a few pieces of gear and it starts to get easier. Expect the same thing if you go back to Tanaan at 100 for the daily quests. They can be pretty brutal until you start equipping some Baleful gear.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

i've now wiped twice on the quest mob "groog". This is definitely not supposed to happen. It is 100% unplayable in this current state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    you can literally white hit the tannan opening mobs to death, did you die and get res sickness and not realize what it did?
    I really didn't. I was starting to wonder that as well, but even still, rez sickness debuff lasts what, 10 min? I've been playing in my current session for almost 2h, and i'm still experiencing the same thing as from the first quests.

While leveling 1-60 l was Combat specced, but the lack of aoe bored me to death

I've got only one lvl 100, which is a hunter that i lvl capped on without any problems at all.
    I feel from these two statements that the reason you are having a hard time leveling is simply because your skill level is a little bit less than other individuals.

Combat IS the rogue AOE spec at a very early level and its actually really good. Fan of knives is terrible in terms of AOE. This assumption on your end is what leads me to believe my first comment.

You then say you have a level 100 that is a hunter. In reality, a hunter is probably one of the fastest/easiest classes to level, and rogues are one of the slowest/hardest classes to level (my personal opinion). The fact that you assume leveling a rogue should be just as easy as a hunter also lead to my reasoning behind my first statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Deggan View Post
    I feel from these two statements that the reason you are having a hard time leveling is simply because your skill level is a little bit less than other individuals.

Combat IS the rogue AOE spec at a very early level and its actually really good. Fan of knives is terrible in terms of AOE. This assumption on your end is what leads me to believe my first comment.

You then say you have a level 100 that is a hunter. In reality, a hunter is probably one of the fastest/easiest classes to level, and rogues are one of the slowest/hardest classes to level (my personal opinion). The fact that you assume leveling a rogue should be just as easy as a hunter also lead to my reasoning behind my first statement.
    You're misunderstanding me then, its rather the opposite, sure i know that blade flurry is pretty good, but i'm more used to being able to pick up tons of mob to aoe - because its usually that easy. This, this harder than soloing any elites i've ever come across, its actually close to impossible.

Yes, my only lvl 100 is a hunter because i've not played much of wod, but don't get me wrong. I've played this game since 2005, i've got 20k+ achievements pts etc. What i'm saying is, i'm not new to this game. I know it must sounds like this, it even feels fucking awkward to make this thread, but there is definitely something wrong here. Rogue is a class i've never been great at, but i have played it before, at max level even. Besides, leveling is not hard, anyone could do this, most experienced wow players could do these starting quests while blindfolded.

I'm now 99% sure that there is some severe glitch issue responsible, possibly something related to the number squish. l'll have to make a ticket and wait (a year) and see.

Is your gear broken? Dumb question but hey.

Y
    I'm now 99% sure that there is some severe glitch issue responsible,
    From what I've read so far, I'm 99% sure it's you.

Armory?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Is your gear broken? Dumb question but hey.
    Well yeah, now everything is at yellow after dying multiple times. No red gear though, everything looks fine. Not a dumb question, i've been scratching my head thinking the same thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link your Armory. Rogues are the squishiest class next to Mages without the usage of CDs and such. When I was questing with my Rogue, I would essentially just blow up a mob and move to the next. A few tips -

Leeching Poison. Use it, love it.

Recuperate - Keep it up 100% of the time.

lvl 90 talent - Pick the one that gives you 5 CP on a minute cooldown. As Combat, you can just keep popping it and smacking mobs with 5 CP eviscerates with Blade Fury up for quick and easy group killing.

Cooldowns - Particulary, Combat Readiness, Shadow Cloak, Smoke Bomb and Evasion. Combat Readiness is a 50% damage reduction CD for up to 20 seconds. Evasion is 100% avoidance on all physical attacks. Shadow Cloak/Smoke Bomb for when you pull a bunch of casters. Preparation to reset your CDs. Vanish to GTFO if you overpull. Generally you should only be doing 2-3 mobs at a time, that is only as Combat, Sub/Assassin will do much better with ST damage.

So yea, its mostly a L2Play issue if you have trouble with a rogue. Different playstyle from everyone else except Mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pretty much a l2p issue combined with general rogue levelling limitations at that stage in the game.

My recommendation is to hit 91 and buy 3 of the crafted epics and you can enjoy ambushing 90% of a mobs health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Without gear or just in general, level as assassination. Use leeching, use Internal Bleeding, and Deadly Momentum.

look at this : http://www.wowhead.com/talent#MrwvJz-fMroRk

with this your priority is to open with mutilate out of stealth and quickly finish off mobs one at a time, it should work fine

I leveled mine as ASS and didn't have much problem at all, Rogues have always been a somewhat crappy class to level compared to all others (except maybe arcane mage). Just keep leeching on your weapon and Recup up and you shouldn't have any issues.

Changed title and edited post - no real need to use that word for a videogame...
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.