Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My Gnome heart started squealing out loud when I read that there'd be new Mechanical pets.

I've been Blood/Frost since 4.1, but damn is Unholy looking awesome in Legion. Might be time for a switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    So the shadow priests is mostly old passives just little bit upgraded, and the rest the old removed Major Glyphs or Talents. We get like 3 interesting things with the weapon rest of boring as hell.
    When did Blizzard care with shadow priest to do it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne Ear Armor = Love. Would love to have helmets that were basically a headpiece and that. Blindfolds are considered armor, why not ear-armor for our elf buddies as well?
    On a related note, their hands need to be scaled down a hair. They look freakishly dis-proportioned.

A lot of these artifact traits are cool, though I can't help wonder... What happens once Legion is over? As of right now, Blizzard's intention is that the artifact will only be around for this expansion. Will those traits be converted into talents somehow, or will they just disappear?

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight...

Not only are they removing poisons from Combat rogues (I refuse to call it Outlaw, it's ridiculous to change a spec name after it's been out for 10 years, no other class seems to have had an issue with their spec names), but now we get some stupid ability that costs us HP in exchange for finishing moves with full 5 CP? Trying to stay positive and open minded about some of these changes, but the more I read about them gutting and destroying Combat, the more I think I'm going to be playing a caster or a heals in Legion. There's absolutely nothing about the changes to my main-since-BC that I'm getting excited about. If anything, it's in the reverse direction. They've turned Combat into SMF Warrior with leather armor -.-

The massive question is; Do these work in PvP? Some of these are insane for PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    The massive question is; Do these work in PvP? Some of these are insane for PvP.
    Already said they do, why would you want to level up your weapon as a PvPer if it hasn't worked in PvP?

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...75903707017216
    Last edited by mmocff59137b32; 2015-11-27 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraeliaBlack View Post
    So let me get this straight...

Not only are they removing poisons from Combat rogues (I refuse to call it Outlaw, it's ridiculous to change a spec name after it's been out for 10 years, no other class seems to have had an issue with their spec names), but now we get some stupid ability that costs us HP in exchange for finishing moves with full 5 CP? Trying to stay positive and open minded about some of these changes, but the more I read about them gutting and destroying Combat, the more I think I'm going to be playing a caster or a heals in Legion. There's absolutely nothing about the changes to my main-since-BC that I'm getting excited about. If anything, it's in the reverse direction. They've turned Combat into SMF Warrior with leather armor -.-
    Did you read what the north-east talent "Greed" does ? You will get back the missing life.

I'm just curious whats going to happen once the next expac comes out. Are artifacts going to roll over, will they just become artifact trees that we have like talents, will they go away? Did they really think these artifact weapons through all that well?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh please tell me we won't have enough points to buy ALL artifact trait ranks and we'll have to decide which ones to pick. That could be potentially awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I'm just curious whats going to happen once the next expac comes out. Are artifacts going to roll over, will they just become artifact trees that we have like talents, will they go away? Did they really think these artifact weapons through all that well?
    New artifacts, (mostly) new traits I'd guess. That would be a great way to do it.

bm is fine..
    arms.. missing!
    enh.. little boring, but its enh..
    ret.. standard but ok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Already said they do, why would you want to level up your weapon as a PvPer if it hasn't worked in PvP?

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...75903707017216
    They said Traits, not talents, maybe it's something different? Otherwise this will be really bad since most of the artifact talents will break the class and make the pvp even harder to balance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdio View Post
    They said Traits, not talents, maybe it's something different? Otherwise this will be really bad since most of the artifact talents will break the class and make the pvp even harder to balance
    Well these are artifact traits what we are seeing now, is just a different phrase. PvP was never fully balanced to begin with and it will never be. You can level up your weapon through battlegrounds, arena or any other PvP activity. Why would it not be active in PvP? Because is so fun leveling a weapon that you can't use?

The title of this thread is "Legion - Artifact Trait Calculator"

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Oh please tell me we won't have enough points to buy ALL artifact trait ranks and we'll have to decide which ones to pick. That could be potentially awesome.
    Maybe it will be like the Paragon system in Diablo 3? With enough time (and dedication) you can have all Artifact traits -but (importantly) early on when 'content is relevant' choices will be important. So it could satisfy both criteria -satisfying the need for choices and also there for long term players and the boosters towards end of expansion that can max their Artifcact traits.

Apologies if I misunderstood, but it's a pretty cool system!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Well these are artifact traits what we are seeing now, is just a different phrase. PvP was never fully balanced to begin with and it will never be. You can level up your weapon through battlegrounds, arena or any other PvP activity. Why would it not be active in PvP? Because is so fun leveling a weapon that you can't use?

The title of this thread is "Legion - Artifact Trait Calculator"
    Let a man hope!
    But seriously..
    Mage: Successful interrupts reset your cooldowns.
    Paladin: When disabled in combat for more than X seconds, Ashbringer will break you free.
    Rogue: When you use Shadowstep, the cooldown of Sprint is reset.
    Druid: Tranquility no longer requires you to channel for its duration. For until cancelled after activating Tranquility, all cast time spells are instant cast.
    Ecc.

Plus there are a lot of talents which does aoe dmg, and in pvp is bad since it breaks cc, but even if they make them avoid a cc player, still there are a lot of broken talents around.

And.. they said that you can't change the artifacts talents after you picked them, since eventually you will unlock every single one.

"PvP was never fully balanced to begin with and it will never be" dude.. at least seems like they are trying with all the no pvp gear, stat chosen by them, pvp talents ecc. Why ruin everything now?

Deleted
    Wow, this feels like a homage to the old talent trees pre cata. I just think there could be a couple more options for traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fishing artifact sounds like a great addition to secondary professions, I hope they add some to the others to flesh it all out!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by dvdio View Post
    Well, there is no direct weapon upgrade so all these talents serve as tuning knobs if the scaling is out of whack.

Even with the combo of PvP/Regular talents, its a significant jump in character customization. Which is a good thing.

Man this makes me so hyped tbh... Makes me want to get a shaman as an alt and play all specs, probably all specs of all classes haha I need more time!