Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharps View Post
    If Elune is a fallen titan that may actually give Sargeras actual solid motivation for his Burning Crusade. Sargeras is constantly fighting the forces of the Old Gods and Demons, who cannot truly be killed yet continue to manifest physically on mortal worlds, corrupting and twisting them. Elune falls when the Titans and Old Gods are battling for Azeroth, the grief pushes Sargeras over the edge and convinces him the universe flawed and needs to be cleansed before it can be rebuilt. He willfully infuses himself with demonic energy, dominates the demons of the Twisting Nether, and forms the Burning Legion to cleanse the universe so that it may be remade without contamination.
    HELL FUCKING NO. JUST FUCKING NO.

FIRST OFF LEARN YOUR GOD DAMN LORE.

Sargeares was corrupted long before the Titans even came to Azeroth. I mean how hard is it to know this basic ass history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The light of the naaru is usually blue. Look at Gift of the Naaru in game or in Rise of the Horde and War Crimes. Both those books describe the Light the draenei use as blue. It's just never been properly represented in game. Though the new priest class hall has that central room filled with bright blue Light so maybe soon.

The light of Elune is almost always presented as silver.

And human Light is always yellow.

I don't think they're the same source. It mostly comes down to Blizzard not properly representing it in game and just using default yellow for most holy spells.

So basically the things they worship? Tyr the shepherd of the humans who ended up dying in tirisfal. Maybe his residual energy or even spirit is probably what humans get.

Night elves are elunes moonlight.

And Draenei are naaru.

These are pretty much the only sources of light it seems.

she should be some type of higher level entity. not a titan, not a naaru. something truly divine.

she seems to be omnipresent and no titan shows that ability, that we know of, and no naaru does either. it also seems she has vast powers, as even demonic corruption and the full might of one of the highest demon lords can't outdo her powers.

the reason she seems to be omnipresent, is that she can aid her followers wherever they are. she even blesses the moon rock on draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharps View Post
    If Elune is a fallen titan that may actually give Sargeras actual solid motivation for his Burning Crusade. Sargeras is constantly fighting the forces of the Old Gods and Demons, who cannot truly be killed yet continue to manifest physically on mortal worlds, corrupting and twisting them. Elune falls when the Titans and Old Gods are battling for Azeroth, the grief pushes Sargeras over the edge and convinces him the universe flawed and needs to be cleansed before it can be rebuilt. He willfully infuses himself with demonic energy, dominates the demons of the Twisting Nether, and forms the Burning Legion to cleanse the universe so that it may be remade without contamination.
    It's entirely possible.

What if Elune, was the catalyst for giving Order to the Universe? Without Elune, the Titans are powerless to change the Universe. It explains their missing influence. The Titans are either dead, incapacitated, or powerless.

Sargeras is basically on a war path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    It's entirely possible.

What if Elune, was the catalyst for giving Order to the Universe? Without Elune, the Titans are powerless to change the Universe. It explains their missing influence. The Titans are either dead, incapacitated, or powerless.

Sargeras is basically on a war path.
    Once again.

Sargeras was already fucking corrupt before they came to Azeroth and fought the old gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Once again.

Sargeras was already fucking corrupt before they came to Azeroth and fought the old gods.
    Can you please share me the source of that information? Most information I found so far doesn't give exact time the titans visited Azeroth and when Sargeras got corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    she should be some type of higher level entity. not a titan, not a naaru. something truly divine.
    In the beginning there was Light and there was Void, and the universe was born from the collision of these two forces.

Any truly ancient deity, which is to say anything with the potential to be older than the Titans, is bound to be closely related to one or the other. While I doubt that Elune is one of the Shath'yar(Old Gods), as she doesn't seem to share their heavy Void attributes, there has been a conspicuous absence of any counterbalance for them on the opposite side of the "coin".

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    In some of the in-progress trees, there's bonuses for each of the Pillars of Creation you've collected. And in the Guardian Druid one, it gives the names of all four (that are implemented so far). The first three are all tied to major known Titans- Hammer of Khaz'goroth, for example, but the fourth?

Tears of Elune.

So, now we have Elune tied to one of the four Titanic Pillars of Creation, which in all other cases are named after major Titans themselves. Does this imply that Elune is, in fact, a Titan herself?
    seems legit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Elune is the titan that was struck down in the Old God war, her blood is the Well of Eternity and like the old gods, she did not fully die? This would explain a crap ton? 7
    Oh my god! THAT WOULD BE BRILLIANT!
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, basically, that story reminds me Malazan Book of Fallen Series.

In short, if to make analogy with it, the story of Elune is:

She is basically became the Nature's Goddess after being struck down to Azeroth in the War against Old Gods. She didn't die, but collide with Azeroth and with the help of other Titans became its Life Essence, "flesh" or some sort of it. The Well of Eternity was filled with her blood, and almost all sorts of magic of Azeroth are her "blood". When she was struck down, she fell asleep. That was the Emerald Dream, where she saw how her world should be. But when Titans defeated Old Gods, they bound them to the Azeroth, which was in fact the Elune's flesh. They couldn't predict that being attached to Elune's new "body" the Old Gods will start poisoning it, her blood, her Dream. The Emerald Dream started to turn into Nightmare. And the poison of the Old Gods slowly kills Elune. I mean, makes her REALLY dead. Also, other races used her "blood", i.e. magic as the source of power that also caused her weakness.
    Now, regarding Sargeras motives to invade Azeroth. Developers talked about that. Well, that part, if true, may be hated by many of people.
    The only way to free Elune from poisoning is to reattach the Old Gods from her flesh, i.e. Azeroth. But that can be only done with the sacrifice of all life in the Azeroth. So, if the Old Gods will be freed or dead, they will stop poisoning Elune. The same with other races.
    Now, Elune was the women Sargeras loved before he turned into the Demon Lord. And he still loves her.
    So, the reason why he so eager to invade Azeroth is to reattach Old Gods from the Elune's body, kill them if he can, and kill all people in the process of course.

So, in fact that the global Love Story between Demon Lord and Fallen Goddess. And the Azeroth with it Old Gods and all inhabitants that use Elune's blood as the source of power are the wall Sargeras need to break to free his love.

What do you think, guys.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2015-11-28 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemus View Post
    Can you please share me the source of that information? Most information I found so far doesn't give exact time the titans visited Azeroth and when Sargeras got corrupted.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Titan

This is a great start. The Titans came to Azeroth as Sargeares built the legion.

global Love Story between Demon Lord and Fallen Goddess
    still a better love story then twilight

Could be.

Or could be that they had no titan alternative to name the arcane portion of the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Could be.

Or could be that they had no titan alternative to name the arcane portion of the spell.
    That would be Norgannon.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the Dragon Aspects in truth were put by Titans in Azeroth to keep the Elune's Dream safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But everyone else will be jealous that Nelves apparently get special lore.
    Just like the Nelf fanboys who whine when loa are shown as actual gods too.

Problem with this elune is a titan theory.
    Elune is a true god
    Titans are not gods
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Elune is a true god
    Titans are not gods
    Titans are gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Elune is a true god
    Titans are not gods
    Indeed, Titans are above gods in Warcraft.

Is it really so hard to understand?

Elune doesn't matter she's not a special snowflake, she's just a goddamn moon-ancient or whatever. She's no more important or effective than say, Hakkar.
    "When you have to deal with a beast, you have to treat him as a beast."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordk0z View Post
    Is it really so hard to understand?

Elune doesn't matter she's not a special snowflake, she's just a goddamn moon-ancient or whatever. She's no more important or effective than say, Hakkar.
    Let hatred and rage guide your words!!

But in seriousness, the unknown in wow is what ppl want. Elune is the last creature that the player base wants to know about along with calia and turalyon and alleria. No one is happy when the truth comes out but it's what ppl are interested in.