Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Possible Big Spoiler] Elune in Legion

For a long time, there's been speculation as to what exactly Elune is- a Naaru? Something completely unique? But it looks like a seemingly minor detail in the new Artifact trees may have answered that question comepletely.

In some of the in-progress trees, there's bonuses for each of the Pillars of Creation you've collected. And in the Guardian Druid one, it gives the names of all four (that are implemented so far). The first three are all tied to major known Titans- Hammer of Khaz'goroth, for example, but the fourth?

Tears of Elune.

So, now we have Elune tied to one of the four Titanic Pillars of Creation, which in all other cases are named after major Titans themselves. Does this imply that Elune is, in fact, a Titan herself?

Deleted
    OMG. This can make sense (more with Nymrohd addition).

The Well of Eternity is what Elune left at her death.

LOREPANIC EVERYONE.
    Last edited by mmocb742677246; 2015-11-27 at 10:05 AM.

I hope not. I dislike how everything in WoW is being boiled down to titans or old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I hope not. I dislike how everything in WoW is being boiled down to titans or old gods.
    Also Naaru.

Unfortunately WoW's faith model doesn't really allow for just... actual literal gods to exist. Elune as a deceased titan is... Well, it's a solid chance.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Elune is NOT a Naaru, if it was the case, the other Naaru on Azeroth would know, and by extension the Draenei.

I was making theories months ago, and here we are: Elune is the ONLY divinity or considered divinity who have NEVER appeared to anybod, even hight priest of Elune (currently Tyrande) have never saw her.
    Aspects, Titans, Naaru, Old Gods, they all are someking of divinity, but NO ONE of them ever told us about Elune, NO ONE of them seem to know who or what is Elune.
    In fact, we know Elune does exist: her influence over the Night Elves is obvious, so we can suppose she is currently alive.

So, my guest is the true reason the Burning Legion wants to invade Azeroth is to capture Elune, who might be a REAL godess, an given that, i think Elune could have created the Well of Eternity (after all, NO ONE knows the origins of the Well, even the Titans who have just used it, but not created it); but that act of all-mighty magic could have weakened her at the point she is stuck in Azeroth in a weakened form, only able to inspire strengh to her followers (Night Elves).

Elune maybe could be the target of the Burning Legion, who wants her divine powers, and maybe she knows Burning Legion is after her, and hide herself since ages.

Deleted
    This explains why the elves, created by the magic waters of the Well of Eternity, have "titanic race" features. They are "slimmer humans with long ears".
    And if I have to choose between Naaru or Titan, I'm with Titan.
    (and don't forget the fan theory of Naaru being shards of Sargeras sword, even the Naaru can be titan related!)

Deleted
    better to leave her as a Goddess.to be unique.

In fact, i was thinking of Elune as a TRUE godess indeed, i mean even more powerfull than the titans: the Well of Eternity must have been created by someone, and it's not the titans.
    In fact, i mean Elune is something else, a form of life we don't know.

And i was thinking right now that maybe Elune could have played a role in the Eredar creation on Argus.
    We know Eredar are the most intelligent, strong, technologicaly advanced and powerfull magic race we ever know: they managed to impress Sargeras himself.
    But, here the thing: if Elune is a godess, if Elune is the target of the Burning Legion, obviously, it's because somehow, somewhen, the Legion have learn about her existence, and maybe witnessed her powers.

After all, we don't nothing about Argus, maybe be there was a Well of Eternity here, maybe more powerfull than the one on Azeroth (and considering Eredars are FAR more powerfull, intelligent and technologicaly advanced, and by extent the Draeneï, than every race of Azeroth, this could be credible).
    Maybe Elune created the Eredars with another Well, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Also Naaru.

Unfortunately WoW's faith model doesn't really allow for just... actual literal gods to exist. Elune as a deceased titan is... Well, it's a solid chance.
    Won't be long until we find out the naaru are some titan creation as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    For a long time, there's been speculation as to what exactly Elune is- a Naaru? Something completely unique? But it looks like a seemingly minor detail in the new Artifact trees may have answered that question comepletely.

In some of the in-progress trees, there's bonuses for each of the Pillars of Creation you've collected. And in the Guardian Druid one, it gives the names of all four (that are implemented so far). The first three are all tied to major known Titans- Hammer of Khaz'goroth, for example, but the fourth?

Tears of Elune.

So, now we have Elune tied to one of the four Titanic Pillars of Creation, which in all other cases are named after major Titans themselves. Does this imply that Elune is, in fact, a Titan herself?
    Elune is the boogieman, troll parents scare their kids with: " If you don't eat your dinner, Elune will come and take your tusks away, and you'll forever look like a hideous elf!!"

In other words: Elune is made up... A figment of imagination..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post

Tears of Elune.

Where exactly do you see this?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rage of the Sleeper

It's on the Guardian tab for Druids

Won't be long until we find out the naaru are some titan creation as well.
    You know that all life forms in universe have not been created by titans, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    Rage of the Sleeper

It's on the Guardian tab for Druids
    Nice catch. Then the Tears of Elune will be found in Azsuna, which has heavy NE and Naga lore. I.. guess we will find out from questing through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    You know that all life forms in universe have not been created by titans, right?
    Do we know that?

Do we know that?
    When Titans arrived on Azeroth, there was already life: Trolls, Taurens, the Well of Eternity, and obviously various species of animals around.
    Titans have not created dreadlords and all that things; Titans have not created DTA, etc.
    Oh, also Alexstraza and her fellows aspect where ALREADY here when Titans arrived, Galakron, you know? etc

When Titans arrived on Azeroth, there was already life: Trolls, Taurens, the Well of Eternity, and obviously various species of animals around.
    Titans have not created dreadlords and all that things; Titans have not created DTA, etc.
    Oh, also Alexstraza and her fellows aspect where ALREADY here when Titans arrived, Galakron, you know? etc
    The titans came to Azeroth twice. Once to plant life and then again to fight the old gods(that's when they made the aspects).

You loose. Aspects were already here, Titans just gave them power. They seeded life on Azeroth, but there was ALREADY life on it, you can't deny this, so your assumption is wrong, that's all.

You loose. Aspects were already here, Titans just gave them power. They seeded life on Azeroth, but there was ALREADY life on it, you can't deny this, so your assumption is wrong, that's all.
    Yes, the dragons were already on Azeroth before the Titans made their 2nd trip to the planet. They made the aspects on their 2nd time there after finding the old god corruption, not the first.

We have basically no info on the Titan's first arrival on Azeroth, only their 2nd when they came to combat the old gods.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well blizzard said that they will tell goal of a legion, why azeroth is special place that they really want