Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The remaining enemies that we have to face in Diablo 3 expansions

From Hell the demon lords have all been destroyed but 5 of Azmodan's demon generals are still alive, those are

1st Wrath, who is the strongest general alive and probably the leader of the demons now
    2nd Pride
    3rd Greed, also known as ''Lord Greed'' who is the second strongest after Wrath and he has the treasure goblins as his servants (and maybe he is the jeweler guy that follows you)
    4th Envy
    5th Sloth

From Heaven there are 3 more Archangels alive, Imperius, Itherael, Auriel.

Imperius is clearly our enemy especially now after what happened at the end of Malthael fight he will want to kill the nephalim at all costs, and if we turn against him its obvious that Itherael and Auriel will stand by his side, only Tyrael will be with us but he isnt an archangel anymore

I suspect that the game will have 3 more expansions one 70-80 levels, one 80-90 and one 90-100

I doubt Blizzard would be able to write a satisfying ending to Diablo 3.

But I am pretty sure about a few things

It will involve Lea.
    Tyrael will survive no matter what.
    Cain is not going to be an archangel of wisdom, I mean, psh, that would be smart.
    We will win as either the bad guy or the good guy.
    Diablo is going to return.

Any theory about any human becoming angel/demon is kinda out of question.

The basic feature of angels and demons is that they cannot die - their sould when their bodies ar destroyed return to chaos/angels arch and wait there to be reborn. Nephalem having the sould of half a demon and half an angel cannot reincarnate this way.

For the same reason, we will never defeat "definitely" any demon, especially greater ones. In D2 we had to use the soulstones to avoid them to reincarnate but we all know how that ended.

This "open ending" lets Blizzard to bring back the big red demon for evey installment of the franchise.

I would like to see back Duriel, Andariel and other generals together with Baal/Mephisto, but most of all i would like to know where Lilith is and what role has still in the story
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Or, they could open a wormhole to a completely new planet with completely new bad guys. Or, they could open a portal to a completely new dimension with it's own multiverse and governing forces. Or, there could be a completely new demon in the depths of Hell who (tries to) take over, and then attacks Sanctuary.

Or... A million other things. There's stuff that's inside a box, and then there's stuff that's outside of it. It's just sad that the community of games like Diablo, or WoW, are incapable of seeing outside that box, and think that the existing toys in the sandbox are the only ones that will ever be allowed. No new lore, nothing that hasn't already existed, can be added to a game.

Personally, I find that just a bit dumb.

It's not about new lore that cannot exist, but actually there is a lot that could be said of known characters because there's a lot of story still untold. And i would really like to know these stories

New lore is always welcomed - i hope we fight against Tiamat one day.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Diablo was released from the Black Soulstone so he's probably in the Burning Hells right now, preparing for war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Diablo was released from the Black Soulstone so he's probably in the Burning Hells right now, preparing for war.
    He and the other Evils, Baal, Mephisto, Belial, Andariel, Azmodan.

10+ Year Old Account
    The RoS ending heavily foreshadowed that there will be an evil Nephalem showing up. I doubt it will be us (not that Imperius will care) because Blizzard has stated that they don't think branching paths work in Diablo and I don't see them forcing us to be evil.

$10 says that the rogue Nephalem's motivation is "I'm going to end the Eternal Conflict by killing everyone because violence baaaaaaaad".

Fuck LotV.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Duriel, on the other hand, is just chilling on a beach somewhere, getting his tan on.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    Duriel, on the other hand, is just chilling on a beach somewhere, getting his tan on.
    He's looking for Baal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Diablo has all of them inside and became something similiar to Tathamet in the process, which was Diabolo's goal according to Tyrael.

Act5 was a full reset, with Diablo (every evil essence included inside him) being free again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Diablo has all of them inside and became something similiar to Tathamet
    This time, sans Leah's sexy curves and catwalk, hopefully.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    Duriel, on the other hand, is just chilling on a beach somewhere
    He's chilling the beach, you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll add a number of demons along the way, but my bet would be on Baël and Mephisto making an appearance alongside an empowered Diablo "true form" kinda thing as the final confrontation.

And in addition to that, I also think they'll do Baël, Mephisto and eventually Diablo in separate patches.

But with RoS they showed they can just brew up some other bad guy and make a story around that, altho the big 3 is sort of fan service they can't ignore :-P
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by DoflamingoGT View Post
    From Hell the demon lords have all been destroyed but 5 of Azmodan's demon generals are still alive, those are

1st Wrath, who is the strongest general alive and probably the leader of the demons now
    2nd Pride
    3rd Greed, also known as ''Lord Greed'' who is the second strongest after Wrath and he has the treasure goblins as his servants (and maybe he is the jeweler guy that follows you)
    4th Envy
    5th Sloth

From Heaven there are 3 more Archangels alive, Imperius, Itherael, Auriel.

Imperius is clearly our enemy especially now after what happened at the end of Malthael fight he will want to kill the nephalim at all costs, and if we turn against him its obvious that Itherael and Auriel will stand by his side, only Tyrael will be with us but he isnt an archangel anymore

I suspect that the game will have 3 more expansions one 70-80 levels, one 80-90 and one 90-100
    Umm, Wut? I mean, I realise that Diablo has a pretty weak story, and people like to rag on it, but did you even bother paying attention to ANYTHING that happened in the game?

The Prime Evils are dead. The PRIMES. That's pretty much Game over for the Hells for a long while, seeing as we have no idea how long it takes for a demon soul to be reborn from the primordial chaos. The Prime Evils were the only ones capable of going head to head against the Archangels. The generals wouldnt stand much of a chance.

Also, number 3 on your list is completely out, as A: we have already Curbstomped Greed, and she dropped nice phat goldstacks, and B: the Jewler Guy who follows you is a god / demigod being from Xian-xai, the Asian analogue country in the Diablo universe.

As to the Archangels themselves, Imperius would get the wings slapped off him by all the remaining ones combined if he tried to kill the nephalim. I mean, we just A: prevented UberDiablo from wiping out the High Heavens, and B: just prevented a mad Archangel from completely killing off the entire human race. He would have to be utterly insane to try to start shit now.

As it stands, there is about a 95% chance that the next diablo expantion will introduce us directly to the lands of Xian Xai as we go looking for Dirgest, an evil god being who has escaped the jewel he was imprisoned in and is hot up for revenge.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2015-12-02 at 10:21 AM.

With Maltheal consuming the black soulstone and freeing Diablo, he could easily attempt to resurrect the 3 prime Evils, or any of the lesser evils. I dont think the archangels would try anything, unless our hero goes insane from having a mortal heart and being tempted. Most likely it'll be a new evil in Skarvos, something like that. Diablo could still play a part in it somehow, but id rather have Baal and Mephisto Duriel and the likes back. who knows maybe we'll get bosses that roflstomp you like ubers in diablo 2 once did.

The ending of Reaper of Souls pretty much outright says that the next baddie is going to be a Nephalem.

Fighting angels? Malthael - the Angel of DEATH - is dead. The angels have no beef with the Nephalem anyways, considering that we've not only managed to save THEM from total annihilation but pretty much defeat their archenemy - the forces of hell - for them. We've slain Diablo who had the powers of ALL the prime evils combined from the soulstone. From either side, there really is no threat from this point onwards. Serial escalation isn't going to work now that they already escalated the final confrontation of vanilla D3 to basically Ultimate Diablo.

At this point, the only other possible established foe that would pose an actual threat we could face off against would be another Nephalem, and given the ending to RoS that seems to be what's going to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is free, Tyrael said it himself.

Also, Blizzard need not necessarily continue adding expansions simply for the sake of continuing the story; they just ended the Starcraft story (with the possibility that they could come back to it and open a new chapter), they could easily just close off Diablo's plot if they wanted to and leave open just enough for them to revisit later. It's not the never-ending comic book situation that Warcraft has fallen into.

Given that - for all intensive purposes - the angels and the demons are of no consequence to the Nephalem anymore, and (as stated earlier) RoS' ending implies that we will be facing ourselves/another Nephalem, and the entire D3 story has revolved around the Nephalem, the writers could very well just end the D3 story come next expansion.

We'll just have to wait and see.

What about Inarius? They're not going to do any prime evils in another expansion but if they do Diablo 4 I'd like the environment to have a darker atmosphere like in Diablo 2 (not just darker lightning but the mood and all) and then the prime evils can come back, kind of like a Diablo 2 rehash but with more replayability
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

My thoughts:

- 1 or 2 more expansions. Probably just 1 should be fine. More is overkill until Diablo 4.

- Story should wrap up the follower and artisan storylines (yes, remember those?) as well as go into Leah's fate.

- I don't have a clue who the bad guy should be other than it shouldn't be Diablo. I could see other lesser or Prime evils being the main villain. Or maybe Pandemonium stuff (Lilith, etc.).

- Heaven should get a finish to the story, possibly with Imperius being an end-expansion boss (we all know he has to go at this point one way or another) and maybe a resolution for Tyrael.

- Diablo shouldn't come back for the remainder of D3, but of course he needs to be the villain for Diablo 4 vanilla, which means the storyline while being a conclusion should also set up (not obviously) a way for Diablo to come back again (as mentioned, "Diablo will return..., in your heart of hearts, you know this."). It shouldn't be a stupid obvious and shitty cliffhanger like Pandaria-to-Warlords was. We all knew due to the actions of RoS that he's back out there somewhere so he'll come back somehow, but there shouldn't be a spoiler.