Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Of course, just focusing it around "warriors" won't fix it either, you'll still get "brawler" types as your "tank" and everyone will be sad, which will lead to demands for character-specific matching in the vein of what they did with Nova/Morales/Abathur/Murky/etc.

I guess there's a happy medium SOMEWHERE, but it all still seems to go against the idea of Quick Match. Ultimately Quick Match should just be Quick Match and not some weird game-enforced set of rules that build your team in lieu of just drafting it.
    I am perfectly fine with them limiting it to "warrior" and not going to the level of "bruiser" etc. That's acceptable.

Sure people will always complain about matchmaking, but I still think it CAN be improved to a better equilibrium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    QM will never be fixed and its why they are instituting an Unranked Draft. Hell, they can't even fix matchmaking or MMR in Hero League. The HotS dev team seems to be at a complete loss as how to fix any of these systems. Its been well over a year and Browder still seems to be in denial.

Is matchmaking and MMR in general an issue in other MOBAs?...

I mean I've put a couple hundred hours into LoL, before moving to DOTA2 and spending thousands of hours in it, but never joined the community for them, and never noticed a massive problem bar badly matched games as you would expect.
    That then brings me to HoTS, and is being on a forum emphasising the issue more than it really is? I've had my fair share of badly matched games, but is this one any worse? How are the other MOBAs doing it better? (If they even are)
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-05-24 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Is matchmaking and MMR in general an issue in other MOBAs?...
    No game's matchmaking is perfect, but after playing HotS I've come to appreciate at least the basic fairness that most other MOBAs do provide. In LoL I know that when I queue up I will be matched with people very close to my own skill level. Even normals, ARAMs, URFs etc I always know that there will be some common ground between all the players. Hots' matchmaking is a slotmachine heavily in favor of premades that compromises its fairness hugely in favor of faster queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yes.

Every MOBA - and indeed every team game in general - has these issues.
    And I accept that there's never going to be a matchmaker so good people won't bitch about getting landed with shitty teammates who are way below their level etc.

Still, the current one could be seriously improved.

Deleted

at this point im literally just leaving games when i see these matchups and taking the deserter because being told you are going to lose this game in 10-20 minutes from the load screen just isnt fun
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-05-26 at 11:34 AM. Reason: resized the image a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Beastslayer50 View Post

at this point im literally just leaving games when i see these matchups and taking the deserter because being told you are going to lose this game in 10-20 minutes from the load screen just isnt fun
    Was this a HL or QM? That comps fine for QM, not as much for HL, but either way, the only problem is the Hammer, if you can call that a problem. When did he pick the Hammer? Did you tell him not to?

But yeah, hope I don't play with you next season, I would lose my fucking shit if you quit the game right at the start over some dude picking a hero you don't like. You should just be able to take solace in the fact the loss wasn't your fault.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-05-26 at 11:34 AM. Reason: resized the image a bit

For me the most annoying issue is when you get a team with a "support support" like Tyrande, while the enemy gets a "Healer support" like Malf or Morales.
    Sure Tyrande can do a lot of damage and has a minor heal, but if Morales plays well and the others protect her, you simply do not have the sustain to get her. It's really annoying.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Those teams are fairly even hero wise, I would even say that blue has good synergy with stitches/hammer. That loss can simply be attributed to blue either playing badly, giving up because they imagined they were at a disadvantage or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really see how the blue team lost on draft.
    Like caervek said, stitches and hammer make a good combo really.

While red team has double supp and only Sonya as their warrior ..

Sonya and Karazhim as a very squishy frontline to get murdered by Rehgar Totem + Hammer.
    Their entire team is squishy, with no big direct heals, making it extremely vulnerable to a Stitches hook that you can all jump on, literally as Greymane.

Those comps are both completely fine for a QM game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    For me the most annoying issue is when you get a team with a "support support" like Tyrande, while the enemy gets a "Healer support" like Malf or Morales.
    Sure Tyrande can do a lot of damage and has a minor heal, but if Morales plays well and the others protect her, you simply do not have the sustain to get her. It's really annoying.
    If you build her properly Tyrande works fine as a solo healer for QM games.

The enemy team was a full 5. I think at two of mine were in a team

My team... where to begin? At the start they tried to teamfight in mid, leaving bot open for Murky to lane. All died. Arthas laned vs Murky during objectives. Lost the lane and died. We were down 2-3 levels from the start and eventually more like 4. Not that that stopped them overextending, you can imagine how that went. Clearly these guys are complete windowlickers, and matchmaking decides to put them up against a full 5? How the fuck does that happen?

IMO groups are completely fucking QM matchmaking. It is not handling them appropriately.

Necro time! This one happens with depressing regularity.

Queue as non-support: no support ever. Queue as support: double support always.

WHY???????