Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Reduces cd on our abilities
    Exactly. Think about this though. All this haste, and what does it do for warriors? Reduces CD on our abilities, that counts for BT as well, meaning with enough haste wouldn't we get close to being able to spam BT? That would surely help the whole "wait for BT to come off CD to see if I can get a crit so i can start my rotation. If we don't get a crit, BT will be up within the next second with all this haste therefore allowing us to use it much faster and get crits a lot more often with it, right?

Reduces cd on our abilities
    Well then for me all these changes are ballsmazing since I like playing with proc trinkets and keeping things on CD, but for high-end players that line up CDs for stacked damage it's going to be a big pain in the ass.

IIRC Bloodthirst was removed from Headlong Rush, our haste->CD reduction passive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    All this haste
    You OP only has ONE talent that increases haste and it's tied to execute...attack speed, what many of the increases are, does not affect CD/GCD via Headlong Rush.

odyn's fury sounds like another heroic leap. now if it is and we still have heroic leap that gives us two leaps that do the same thing just with one being better.

Deleted
    So here's the deal with the "Pillar Augmentations":

These Abilities probably will make finishing all the Questlines necessary (most likely). If I remember correctly, the Pillars of Creation are NOT Relics. They are Artifacts of Power, you seek out during the Questing Experiences in each Zone. So eventually, you'll have them all after each Zone's Main quest line is done.

What this means is, that these Abilities for every Artifact, either let you choose a Pillar of Creation as another augmentation to that SPECIFIC ability, without taking a Relic Slot. OR, which would be (far) more imbalanced: You get all of those Augmentations at the same time, once you have all the Pillars. So they basically unlock until you have the last one. Which would also support the part, where your Artifact, even with all Traits unlocked, still progresses, as the last Pillar of Creation is already known to be in Suramar Palace = Aka the First Raid, where Gul'dan is housed. Unless they put that in a Suramar quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    You OP only has ONE talent that increases haste and it's tied to execute...attack speed, what many of the increases are, does not affect CD/GCD via Headlong Rush.
    You're forgetting the highlighted talent Frenzy from the Fury Warrior preview. Stacking 25% haste and they did specifically state haste. As for the execute haste that could trigger from Sudden Death procs too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I remember 1h fury back in BC and how fast you'd attack with flurry. Can't wait to see that kind of thing again.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Damn, I remember 1h fury back in BC and how fast you'd attack with flurry. Can't wait to see that kind of thing again.
    Wont make much sense with 2 2hs in your hands . Sure as hell would with 1hs (

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hmmm I think the healing talents address some of the concerns people have with the damage debuff. overall I'm looking forward to seeing these in action.
    Except every other dps class/spec have 13% damage / ~18% magic damage reduction, while we only have shitty selfhealing and max HP (TIED TO ENRAGE)

Quote Originally Posted by Surtruk View Post
    IIRC Bloodthirst was removed from Headlong Rush, our haste->CD reduction passive.
    Not sure where you heard this, but spell data still associates BT and HLR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Exactly. Think about this though. All this haste, and what does it do for warriors? Reduces CD on our abilities, that counts for BT as well, meaning with enough haste wouldn't we get close to being able to spam BT?
    Doesn't go down that far and I think you misunderstand the reduction formula:

CD / 1.haste = new CD
    (4.5 / 1.50 = 3)

You see, it doesn't actually reduce the cooldown, it increases the rate at which the cooldown refreshes. In other words, 100% Haste wouldn't reduce the CD of BT by 100% and cause it to have no cooldown, it would make the CD refresh twice as fast, causing it to have a cooldown of 2.25s.

50% Haste, which is probably the most reasonable number to stack to with Frenzy, reduces BT to 3s and caps the GCD at 1s. While BT can be reduced past this cap, it can actually be detrimental, since the GCD doesn't reduce anymore. This makes filling GCDs wonky as BT starts to overwrite them. Even if this weren't a problem, Haste as a stat would still lose significant value as a result of the GCD cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    They will work in PvP.
    Hell, one of the ways to gain AP IS trough PvP.
    Yeah but they must be changed a lot of they're going to work: recklessness increases crit chance by 100% and "Unrivaled Strength" increases crit damage by 40% (maybe even more with more relic slots?) it would be insane in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I love that in the Artifact talents we find some of the stuff to offset the extra damage while Enraged. So to help offset some dumb bullshit they introduced with this expansion, they're using up slots that could've been there for more interesting talents. Awesome! Talk about a solution in need of a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I love that in the Artifact talents we find some of the stuff to offset the extra damage while Enraged. So to help offset some dumb bullshit they introduced with this expansion, they're using up slots that could've been there for more interesting talents. Awesome! Talk about a solution in need of a problem.
    Agree , who cares that fury will take almost 50% more dmg than everyone else , they have more hp than everyone else!

Wont make much sense with 2 2hs in your hands . Sure as hell would with 1hs (
    Why won't it make sense?

Sure we won't be hitting sub 1-second swing times, but we can definitely drop below 1.7s - so that'll be cutting our swing timer in 1/2.

Which does bring up a pretty important question, I can't imagine them making Fury more than 3.4s, but dang would it be nice if arms was a 3.9s. Everything then would be a slow train to pain-town.

Anyway, the hyperbole is strong here, yeah there's interplay between our enrage debuff and the weapon talents as well as our regular talents. So what? Every class has some stinkers in their weapon talent trees that they'll have to get. A full weapon tree is going to be right up there with iLevel when talking about raiding so there's always a bunch of boring stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Not really. Look at rogue, ret paladin, arcane, etc. ALmost every spec has a trait that reduces damage taken, heals them on some consistent basis, or increases health.

Fury is not special in that regard. So in actuality, Fury, who has increased damage taken(whereas other specs dont), is getting the same help as all other classes for a problem that no other class has. Makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Why won't it make sense?

Sure we won't be hitting sub 1-second swing times, but we can definitely drop below 1.7s - so that'll be cutting our swing timer in 1/2.

Which does bring up a pretty important question, I can't imagine them making Fury more than 3.4s, but dang would it be nice if arms was a 3.9s. Everything then would be a slow train to pain-town.

Anyway, the hyperbole is strong here, yeah there's interplay between our enrage debuff and the weapon talents as well as our regular talents. So what? Every class has some stinkers in their weapon talent trees that they'll have to get. A full weapon tree is going to be right up there with iLevel when talking about raiding so there's always a bunch of boring stuff.
    To me it just feels weird being able to swing 2 2handers very fast. Doesnt look right to me ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not sure where you heard this, but spell data still associates BT and HLR.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't go down that far and I think you misunderstand the reduction formula:

CD / 1.haste = new CD
    (4.5 / 1.50 = 3)

You see, it doesn't actually reduce the cooldown, it increases the rate at which the cooldown refreshes. In other words, 100% Haste wouldn't reduce the CD of BT by 100% and cause it to have no cooldown, it would make the CD refresh twice as fast, causing it to have a cooldown of 2.25s.

50% Haste, which is probably the most reasonable number to stack to with Frenzy, reduces BT to 3s and caps the GCD at 1s. While BT can be reduced past this cap, it can actually be detrimental, since the GCD doesn't reduce anymore. This makes filling GCDs wonky as BT starts to overwrite them. Even if this weren't a problem, Haste as a stat would still lose significant value as a result of the GCD cap.
    True that, wasn't thinking clearly after reading talents. Still find it interesting that were moving towards haste talents and faster attacks, the only thing I could hope for is the biggest problem adressed, which is reliance on BT crits in order to continue the rotation. Haven't seen anything about this issue other than an ability to use outside of enrage which seems to work well since we have plenty of ways to build rage both passively and actively. (keep in mind rampage costs 50 rage hence why I brought up rage generation.) still want to see a bit more on this issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Not really. Look at rogue, ret paladin, arcane, etc. ALmost every spec has a trait that reduces damage taken, heals them on some consistent basis, or increases health.

Fury is not special in that regard. So in actuality, Fury, who has increased damage taken(whereas other specs dont), is getting the same help as all other classes for a problem that no other class has. Makes no sense.
    Yeah, in general I'm not sure why every damage dealer seems to be getting artifact talents to reduce incoming damage - seems completely out of place. But the fact that pretty much everyone does, but no one else has our ridiculous extra damage taken, is just bullshit of the highest caliber.

To me it just feels weird being able to swing 2 2handers very fast. Doesnt look right to me ;/
    So be it. Meanwhile I look forward to looking like an industrial blender on 1/2 priced margarita night. :-D

And our incoming damage and health pools will be in line where we are balanced fine with everyone else. It could even become a way to see what warriors play with more skill since smarter ones will aim for bloodthirst while they have the 20% more HP while enraged as it will heal more since it's a % based.

Then again we're hitting BT anyway so it's kind of a zero sum game there. :-)

Either way the sky wasn't falling when it was announced and it's still not falling now. The only place where it really effects us is in solo play - possibly also in 5's though doubtful there since so much dungeon damage is avoidable - more than anything people are mad because we get a debuff and that immediately makes them think that they'll never be invited to a raid or even a birthday party and they'll have to spend the rest of their life alone. So very very alone.