Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If legit, that will seriously make the spec less boring.

I really hope this is legit.

But blizzard stated in the class changes blog that frost is in a pretty "solid" place, so they would not touch it much. But they could always change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Seems fake
    Agreed, sounds convoluted and overcomplicated on top of that.

Not legit. Confirmed with a friend of mine who works at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Not legit. Confirmed with a friend of mine who works at Blizzard.
    What the OP describes is so close to what I've been asking for so many years and really want to happen that I choose to totally believe that normally laughable "friend at Blizzard" line. There's no way they'll actually fix killing machine in such an interesting gameplay-forward way. We'll get KM only on obliterate and be happy to get it, as it is an improvement.

Deleted
    I wish this is true, sounds like a good way to give the frost spec a bit more intricate rotation in PvE.

Deleted
    I wonder how you can get 2 KM stacks if the abilities that give you KM are also the ones that use them. Maybe its more simple with just having auto attacks give KM.

Have to see how it works in practice, but in theory it sounds good. Sounds like they heard the complaints about lack of depth and are trying at least.

Let's hope it actually makes it into release.

Well if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Meh.. sounds OK I guess, if it's actually real. It's kind of like the current frost dk 2-set bonus, just with Howling Blast added into the mix. Although 5 seconds duration sounds really short and feels like a pain to have all these 3 buffs up at the same time, but this depends on the proc rate of Killing Machine (which I'd assume would have a lot greater chance of proccing since it only procs on abilities as the OP stated).

15+ Year Old Account
    don't believe it, sounds fake

10+ Year Old Account
    More cleave? 0.o

Deleted
    To make it less clunky they could just go with

Killing Machine:
    Your Frost Strike / Obliterates / Howling Blast are empowered using any of the 3 abilities will consume a stack of Killing Machine.

Empowered Frost Strike: Frost Strike now cleaves with 75% in a 10 yard radius.
    Empowered Obliterate: Obliterates Physical damage portion is turned into Frost Damage.
    Empowered Howling Blast: Howling Blast restores 1 Rune.

So this actually also makes BoS make more sense balancing ressource generation with Howlings & Obliterates while using RP on BoS.

Quote Originally Posted by HVIIDLYS View Post
    To make it less clunky they could just go with

Killing Machine:
    Your Frost Strike / Obliterates / Howling Blast are empowered using any of the 3 abilities will consume a stack of Killing Machine.

Empowered Frost Strike: Frost Strike now cleaves with 75% in a 10 yard radius.
    Empowered Obliterate: Obliterates Physical damage portion is turned into Frost Damage.
    Empowered Howling Blast: Howling Blast restores 1 Rune.

So this actually also makes BoS make more sense balancing ressource generation with Howlings & Obliterates while using RP on BoS.
    I have a feeling that this would turn out incredibly broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I have a feeling that this would turn out incredibly broken.
    Why is that? Its not like they cant tweek the numbers. The only relevant perspective is if it improves gameplay balance can always be adjusted. Keep in mind that you also loose your 'auto' crit from the old KM and that you have to gear for crit now. even with 50% crit chance from gear thats only half the Obliterates with 100% frost that crits. For PVP they might have to adjust the numbers on obliterate but thats not new.

Do you actually like the current/future KM?

But lets look at the numbers for simplicity sake lets assume a base FS/OBL is 100% AP or 1

x = crit multplier
    m = mastery multiplier
    n = targets within 10 yards

Frost Strike:
    KM Crit = 2 * m
    KM Cleave = (1 + (0.75 * (n-1))) * x*m

Now if we falsely assume that our statwieghts wont change and we dont gear any critical strike then KM Cleave will do more on 3+ Targets than the old FS KM. Ofcourse our statweights will change and we want to gear crit which will make it more powerfull by increasing our stats scaling (something DK frost needs).

Obliterate:
    KM Crit = 2 + 0.3 * m * 2
    KM Frost = (1 + 0.3) * m * x

This one is alittle harder to compare but lets again assume no change in stat prioritization and we have 0% crit chance and lets assume a pretty high mastery multiplier like 1.8

Here the old KM is 3.08 and the new is 2.34. To be more precise however we should include haste & versatility and check to see how high the new KM can go by swapping from haste / vers => Crit.

Again the numbers can be adjusted whats important is creating more interested gameplay and better stats scaling.
    Last edited by mmoc0597266d61; 2015-12-01 at 05:37 PM.

I'm concerned you care more about theorycrafting your perfect fan made idea than linking the forum where this was "leaked".
    The longer you continue without offering some proof of this, the more fake you sound.

I'm not complaining about the concept, KM influencing other abilities would be good rotation change, but I am disagreeing with passing it off as a blizzard leak, when its clearly just your own idea at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    I'm not complaining about the concept, KM influencing other abilities would be good rotation change, but I am disagreeing with passing it off as a blizzard leak, when its clearly just your own idea at this point.
    Likewise.

But to answer his question to me. So you want our main AOE as Frost to sometimes return a rune, as well as our main runic spender (and hardest hitter) to cleave to everything in about the same radius. That inherently just sounds like a nightmare to balance, Blizzard wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Likewise.

But to answer his question to me. So you want our main AOE as Frost to sometimes return a rune, as well as our main runic spender (and hardest hitter) to cleave to everything in about the same radius. That inherently just sounds like a nightmare to balance, Blizzard wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot like that.
    eh, FS is only the hardest hitter in current DW frost how can you look at the balance and compare 1 old skill to 1 new skill. With this you obviously want to use KM obl on ST and KM FS on AOE. The prioritization with this would be to float both runic power & runes spent KM on Obl on ST KM on FS on AOE and KM on HB if running out of ressources or using Sindragosa.

Compare this to blizzard proposal that is just dump runic power, keep runes recharging & obl on KM & HB on RIME / No FF.

But i can see from your logs why you want to keep things simple. Maybe blizzard will listen to people like you who defend their current version of Frost and keep the spec with aproximately 0 min max ratio and shitty stats scaling.

If you're just going to resort to petty name calling because your idea got shot down because of a flaw with it, yeah not worth the time. Cool concept, too bad it's a fan idea and not an actual spoiler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HVIIDLYS View Post

But i can see from your logs why you want to keep things simple. Maybe blizzard will listen to people like you who defend their current version of Frost and keep the spec with aproximately 0 min max ratio and shitty stats scaling.
    S A V A G E

also don't call people names when you are blatantly lying, your idea sucks regardless.