Poll: Happy Chaos Sales Day

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I find that term very racist.
    Is there a White friday too?
    Or a White history month?
    Or White panthers?

Its PC for me WOOWOOO
    And you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good for the economy so yes. I just dont go out because I dont have a death wish.

The few times Ive gone out Ive never seen anything happen but I dont shop at Walmart near the getto.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2015-11-28 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Indeed it has nothing to do with the actual black friday, thus my asking where they got the idea to name it thus.
    No need to google it, that would give everone different answeres anyway and is no reliable source of information due to all that meta data (because it cannot be reproduced and is totally subjective in a sense).

Maybe you could look up "rhetorcical question" though. It might help, if you didn't recognize it even though you did catch the italics.
    A rhetorical question is a question you already know the answer to, or one to which you dont really require an answer. Since you obviously didnt know the answer to the question, but still appearently asked it as if you wanted an answer, it wasnt rhetorical. Also, I really dont get where you would come to the conclusion that a google search would turn up different answers for everybody, since there are pretty much only two results you are going to get for "the meaning of black friday", one of which is the origin of the Term as it applies to holiday shopping.

Maybe you could look up "willfull ignorance". Understanding that might help solve some of the problems you seem to have with getting answers to your questions.

Where I am It's more of a "black week" on a bell curve, where friday is at the peak.

I mean, sales start up before thanksgiving, then stores are opening like 5-6pm thanksgiving day, and then the sales are tiered throughout the following friday. I'm in the middle of freaking ATLANTA (nutoriously bad traffic), and when I went out friday morning the roads were as quiet as a Sunday morning.

What was supposed to be the "scary black friday" was one super easy shopping trip lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Why it's called Black Friday - As I understand it, the answer is rather simply and refers to old business terms. Black Friday marks the day for businesses, or the holiday season, where they make the majority of their sales for the year and their profit margins move "into the black" as they start to make a positive return, vs "in the red" where they are not making profits and losing money.

It's a rather outdated concept that I don't think most businesses use anymore, banking a whole years growth on 1 month at the end of the year, but thats where the term comes from.

#BFM way more than #BLM.

Final note, I used to live in an area where the local police had some powers over shopping centers (probably some kind of local government prereq for doing business there) and before the doors opened too a store the cops would make it very clear that they would immediately close the store if customers got out of hand. Usually people stayed pretty mellow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They really aren't though.
    Some really are though.