10+ Year Old Account

Aaaaand, I'm back.

I was originally going to switch my tank main over to a DK after seeing the BrM changes, but after looking over the PvP talents for them, it looks like they'll be getting everything and more back, so I am very happy. On top of which DKs aren't getting any mobility, even in their PvP talents... RIP Blood PvP (unless they change that later, it's still alpha).

Underdog talent of BrM would be Softened Blows, I foresee that talent getting tweaked a bit. It makes it so that you ignore all non DoT attacks that does 10% damage or less. That pretty much makes it so most, if not all DW attacks are ignored by the BrM. Right now, I'm sitting at about 480k HP PvP gear (In Ashran it's closer to 800k), that would mean the target would have to land a blow greater than 48k for it to even register as damage. That shuts off most melee auto attacks. Pretty damn OP.

Also looks like WW will be getting some great love as well.

Does anyone know if your weapon talents will work in PvP as well?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Class Talents = Work in PvP and PvE
    Artifact Talents = Work in PvP and PvE
    PvP Talents = Work in PvP only

Would be more logical to just combine everything into one big nice tech tree like we used to have in Cata but nooooo.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSolo View Post
    Class Talents = Work in PvP and PvE
    Artifact Talents = Work in PvP and PvE
    PvP Talents = Work in PvP only

Would be more logical to just combine everything into one big nice tech tree like we used to have in Cata but nooooo.
    There has never been a nice tech tree in wow before the current iteration of talents. There have always only been cookie cutter builds and talents nobody picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    There has never been a nice tech tree in wow before the current iteration of talents. There have always only been cookie cutter builds and talents nobody picked.
    At least it was better than that abomination we got in MoP. Just because something was more powerful dosn't mean people would automatically steer towards it. It was far more interesting testing things of our own accord and finding out what worked best for us.

At least all these new options kinda redeem the missing individuality that has existed since MoP. Kinda 4 years too late but, better than nothing.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Quote Originally Posted by JimSolo View Post
    At least it was better than that abomination we got in MoP.
    I'm going to have to disagree. While the 3 choices per tier thing isn't very interesting, and there are certainly still good and bad choices, I practically never had a reason to change talents with the old trees except for the purposes of totally changing to a new spec. I think the only time I went a non cookie-cutter build was a weird fury/devastate spec or something ridiculous on my warrior and that wasn't really viable for much, just kind of amusing. (I think it was ridiculous threat or something, but it's been too many years.)

Over the last two expansions I've swapped the talents on every row on at least some random fights, even beyond the simple "Is this a serenity fight or chi explosion fight?" choice. The most interesting choice before was "Do I go 31/20 or 30/21?" or whatever top-tier talent it was for the given expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerya View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. While the 3 choices per tier thing isn't very interesting, and there are certainly still good and bad choices, I practically never had a reason to change talents with the old trees except for the purposes of totally changing to a new spec. I think the only time I went a non cookie-cutter build was a weird fury/devastate spec or something ridiculous on my warrior and that wasn't really viable for much, just kind of amusing. (I think it was ridiculous threat or something, but it's been too many years.)

Over the last two expansions I've swapped the talents on every row on at least some random fights, even beyond the simple "Is this a serenity fight or chi explosion fight?" choice. The most interesting choice before was "Do I go 31/20 or 30/21?" or whatever top-tier talent it was for the given expansion.
    yeah because switching talents based on the fight isnt cookie cutter either. The only difference is there are so few talent options that its easier to memorize

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    yeah because switching talents based on the fight isnt cookie cutter either. The only difference is there are so few talent options that its easier to memorize
    Passive % damage increase are boring, it's that simple. The only cookie cutters are DPS cooldowns, in every other case personal preference is perfectly fine. Look at celerity vs lust or even the chi wave vs zen sphere (difference is so marginal, it's personal preference). Same goes for running ascension vs chi brew for serenity builds, the difference is negligible enough where it's up to personal preference.

I will admit I'm not fond of the artifact talents. It's basically time-gated character progression, another form of legendaries as it locks down your performance based on time spent subbed doing your daily/weekly crap. Wanna switch mains? Too bad, you're gonna be non-competitive shit for weeks just catching up the legendary crap that was the case with MoP and is the case now in WoD. Your item level doesn't really matter, the legendaries depending on the step you're on give such a massive difference in performance, no amount of skill overcomes that. And that's shit design. If you're good, you got your gear, you shouldn't be gimped despite your skills due to some stupid arbitrary time sink.

I guess my Bias towards the old system comes from my soloing background and interest in hardcore raiding/playing the game my way rather than the way that is instructed by Blizzard. I would redo my entire talent tree just for a single boss, thinking about every mechanic and moment of the fight based on what I will need to survive and beat soft/hard enrages.

In questing it was fun to just stuff about with some random stupid builds using things that shouldn't work. Lead to some amusing moments occasionally, this works for soloing as well.

My comment about people not graduating towards the cookie cutter builds was a bit incorrect I guess. Most players did, just for performances sake. They were, though, in my opinion, missing out on a crucial part of the game. Classes have felt raw and static since MoP. Thankfully legion will rectify it. The way they're going about it seems kinda... odd, like I said before, but, better than continuing down the WoD path of 3 button rotations and 2/3 talents of each row being completely useless in every known scenario.
    Soloing Discord
    DH