Are artifact weapons going to be usable in PVP? specifically the traits from them..

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#jAAAAAAAA

they seem pretty insane. I can easily see them not being allowed in rated pvp. has there been any blue post saying one way or the other?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are supposed to be able to level your artifact by doing pvp, so i guess they will work.

Some will probably never make it to live, or receive significant changes/nerfs. There is an artifact talent from frost mage that resets cds when you interrupt an anemy... no way that is balanced in pvp.

I don't know about you guys but from what I can see the plethora of talent trees is going to make pvp a clusterfuck of imbalance. How in the hell will they balance the PVE, PVP & artifact trees to make it playable seems like a setup for failure.

Not to mention prep time. Holy shit. I will have to change 50% of my talents per team (exaggerated probably). Throw in glyphs and you have a ridiculously convoluted system far worse then wrath talent trees ever could have been. Shit I can't wait to read icy veins or noxxic's pvp breakdown of how to play your toon with the N! styles of play these talents are allotting.

Maybe I being pessimistic but I can 100% see artifacts being pve only, or the pvp tree scrapped. Good luck in Beta boys!

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    I don't know about you guys but from what I can see the plethora of talent trees is going to make pvp a clusterfuck of imbalance. How in the hell will they balance the PVE, PVP & artifact trees to make it playable seems like a setup for failure.

Not to mention prep time. Holy shit. I will have to change 50% of my talents per team (exaggerated probably). Throw in glyphs and you have a ridiculously convoluted system far worse then wrath talent trees ever could have been. Shit I can't wait to read icy veins or noxxic's pvp breakdown of how to play your toon with the N! styles of play these talents are allotting.

Maybe I being pessimistic but I can 100% see artifacts being pve only, or the pvp tree scrapped. Good luck in Beta boys!
    Wrath's talent system was fine and I say this as someone who was a top pver and pvper on my realm.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Some will probably never make it to live, or receive significant changes/nerfs. There is an artifact talent from frost mage that resets cds when you interrupt an anemy... no way that is balanced in pvp.
    Meh, I prefer Fun to nerfing fun for the sake of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Wrath's talent system was fine and I say this as someone who was a top pver and pvper on my realm.
    I said Wrath only because it had the most points to spend. In reality that was a dumb comparison...there really is nothing to compare to. Maybe vanilla because no one knew what class / talent combo was OP right out the gate. There was no wowhead, rawr or sims to optimize a cookie cutter. The talents now are making those old dreamstate druids, shockadins, etc. a plausible thought for pvp.

It might not be too disastrous. I read somewhere that you can get all artifact traits (which doesn't make sense to me, but w/e), so it is pretty easy to balance compared to a tree where you have to balance one option around other options.

PvP talents are homogenized across the first two tiers, plus the major difference is that the PvP department has full control over it--they don't have to wait a full patch (for PvE reasons) to make changes to those abilities.

That just leaves baseline talents, which will still have the same problems as before. However, since most of the PvP specific talents have been moved to a separate tree, the baseline talents may have less significant implications for PvP anyway.

---

The mage interrupt one caught my eye as well--unless they just meant the cooldown of orb or something. I assume they'll revise them--they probably weren't really designed with PvP in mind judging by some of the descriptions.

Blizzard is clearly taking a new direction PvP wise that surely was motivated by the many seasons of frustrated PvP player base that lead to a decline in subs (until Blizzard initiated a number of marketing initiatives to halt the decline).

Like all of you I am eager to see first hand how it all plays out because on paper some crazy things are going to happen! One example is it seems Mages will be able to Blink so much which seems broken ...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Meh, I prefer Fun to nerfing fun for the sake of Balance.
    Having a 24 sec cd skill that can potentially grant u endless access to long cds like ice block, icy veins or mirror images just doesn't seem healthy for the game.
    I'm pretty sure the talent will work with "medium" size cds like frozen orb, blink or ice nova though.

Deleted
    Pretty sure they'll have to go back on that.

Especially when you see the Legendary where Affli DoTs hit you for the remaining duration damage each tick.

Or Arcane Mages having 3s CD on Blink, which each time makes a Mirror Image (or simply -5s CD per cast, making it 0s CD if they keep kiting your ass).

Plenty of broken Artifact traits. If that all makes it live, we're in for likely the worst PvP in a while. And some classes will have god tier mobility, while others are stuck standing still to cast, making them worthless.

At this point, if this goes through, all spells better be useable on the move for turret casters. KJC would be the least OP thing they could add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Pretty sure they'll have to go back on that.

Especially when you see the Legendary where Affli DoTs hit you for the remaining duration damage each tick.

Or Arcane Mages having 3s CD on Blink, which each time makes a Mirror Image (or simply -5s CD per cast, making it 0s CD if they keep kiting your ass).

Plenty of broken Artifact traits. If that all makes it live, we're in for likely the worst PvP in a while. And some classes will have god tier mobility, while others are stuck standing still to cast, making them worthless.

At this point, if this goes through, all spells better be useable on the move for turret casters. KJC would be the least OP thing they could add.
    Yeah, many classes are getting insane PvP talents and traits.

Just look at DKs PvP talent auras. WW monks getting even more mobility. As mentioned, mage blink CD and all that junk.

If everyone is Op.. nobody is Op.
    And lots of things will change until release...

I don't like the PVP talents. A lot of these talents are mandatory for some specs to function at a fundamental level in PVP which defeats the entire point of a prestige system.

The artifact trees talents are all overpowered. Every single spec in the game has a least one over powered artifact talent.

Throw in legendaries that are going to be dropping everywhere and it will be a disaster.

This will be the worst PVP we have seen if they don't start to stream line and nerf some these things before this all goes live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    If everyone is Op.. nobody is Op.
    Nah, if everyone is OP, some are a lot more OP than others. For example, as it stands right now, I'd not touch a Warlock, Priest or Ele Shaman in PvP. Not with kick script users still not being properly banned. And not with interrupts lasting for days and being so easy to pull off. Hell, some specs get a CD reset (Frost) or lower CD.

What Blizzard does isn't Icefrog 'balance'. What Blizzard does is Mage/Hunter vs Melee balance and leaving the other casters on the wayside. Affli at most manages to survive a little, due to instant spells. But that Spec usually gets hammered into the ground hard, due to everyone whining that DoTs (or Locks, even when they aren't) are OP.

the artifact traits is basically the old Path of the Titans system, which was already cancelled once exactly because of this. last time they wanted to introduce the traints, but were afraid it would cause more balancing issues than the old talent system.