Are DK's worth leveling up for raiding (Frost Spec) ?

So have lvl 90 DK with heroic heirloom 2h weapon and wondering if its worth leveling it to 100 for raiding/end game fun and how fun are they due to damage-wise and survival ?

Bottom tier in survival and mid tier dps starting out. The higher the ilvl the further you fall down the list.

Roll it if you enjoy the playstyle, especially with an expansion coming up.

Really how come goes down the list ?

Doesn't scale as well as other classes (sets/trinkets/etc)

Deleted
    frost dk scales very poorly with stats...crit is almost completly useless single target(with 4p), haste is useless after softcapped.

Multistrike and mastery just give pure damage multipliers...that's fine but most other classes get additional effects from getting more stats...their damage increases exponantially with more gear...ours just increases proportionally, so we fall behind with better gear compared to other classes/specs

i still love the playstyle though and for doing normal hfc or something similar it's a very competitive spec(top tier definitly)...people saying different are mostly guys who are frustrated they can't play frost in progress because it's not that great in higher itemlevels

It really only matters if you are in mythic raids.

You can do good dps and have a good time.

Roll a dk if you really enjoy the lore and the playstyle. The lore is pretty much what has kept my dk my main until Legion.

both specs are fine, play what you want at this point.

Something a lot of these people are neglecting to talk about as well is utility. Mass grip is great in HFC. So many uses. I'll bring a DK of any form just for that one ability. Also, a nice instant rez, and one of your main rotation abilities is basically a passive cleave ability which is ultra handy again in HFC where adds seem to be the theme. Are you top DPS every fight? No. Want to be top dps go roll Arcane mage, Sub Rogue, something like that. DK is great to have in the mix of a raid group though especially if you don't have a very diverse raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Something a lot of these people are neglecting to talk about as well is utility. Mass grip is great in HFC. So many uses. I'll bring a DK of any form just for that one ability. Also, a nice instant rez, and one of your main rotation abilities is basically a passive cleave ability which is ultra handy again in HFC where adds seem to be the theme. Are you top DPS every fight? No. Want to be top dps go roll Arcane mage, Sub Rogue, something like that. DK is great to have in the mix of a raid group though especially if you don't have a very diverse raid group.
    Thank God some people still understand this and dont have the "zow my gawd dps dps dps or bust" crap stuck in there brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    The damage rankings are those of who play at the highest level. You will not become part of such a team. Most of the people here will never be part of such a team.

Every spec can deliver competitive damage. I play frost and i started in Mythic and i do fine. I do better than fine i beat most people and my damage is up there and according to AMR logs i play around 85% of my gear level in terms of damage.

The comment on low survivability. Really? We have an escape death mechanic that is passive. A large self heal, a large damage reduction and a high and frequent magic damage reduction. The only thing we lack is some sort of sprint or leap but we can talent in a minor speed boost.

When people speak of a lack of survivability they seem to refer to the lack of immunity or major damage reduction, or in pvp something to force a target swap. Purgatory and death pact are undoubtedly useful, and AMS allows us to ignore some mechanics, but for some lack of immunity or detterance/DBTS means "no survivability".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    So have lvl 90 DK with heroic heirloom 2h weapon and wondering if its worth leveling it to 100 for raiding/end game fun and how fun are they due to damage-wise and survival ?
    In all honesty, I love my Death Knight and I have leveled two of them so far. They are very fun and all three specs can give you a good time and are all different so you have quite the variety when choosing specializations to do content with!

The down side, like many have stated before is, we get don't scale very well with gear.
    That doesn't mean we can still pack a nice punch, I say level the class and if you enjoy it, stick with it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost is fine for Normal/Heroic for mythic your better off as unholy, That being said unless your 10/13M atm it wont really matter to much cause you'll get invited just for you aoe an single target grips as is.

DPS short burst fight eg 1 ring usage you will be mid pack, cleave/aoe fights you'll be abit higher also depends on your arc mages an hunters burst on adds/cleave.
    Atm the moment in this late in tier just play what you want your spec really wont matter atm unless like i said above you 10/13M.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic