Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Expel Harm Gone?

A;m I the only one to notice that Expel Harm is getting removed? Seriously? I understand that healing needed to be pruned all around since everyone is healing left and right but come on... do I really have to stop after every mob pull and Surging Mist 8 times? I REALLY want to main my Windwalker...I really do but the unique spells and self sustain is going out the window left and right... first beta build I guess; the only reason I bring it up is I don't see a topic on it anywhere...and if its not mentioned then there is zero hope for it to return so here I am, Thoughts? is there another self sustain were getting?
    Last edited by Damaind; 2015-11-28 at 11:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i gues most of us did read the post about skills that are gettin removed and changed. you did not i gues

First row of talents is now dedicated to self-healing. How useful will they be is yet to be determined.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    First row of talents is now dedicated to self-healing. How useful will they be is yet to be determined.
    Hopefully more useful then the current versions. 3-9% health heal every 15 seconds? meh. WW healing took a huge hit this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Dunno for other specs, but for MWs it was mainly used as a chi-generator. With chi gone, I don't see the point of the spell anymore. Cba to waste a GCD on that really and with the various new spells coming I hope we will have some better stuff to do instead of casting Expel Harm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly like Expel Harm as it is. it may not have the most healing in the world but it was a unique spell that offered at least a slight choice in rotation. Time for the good ol saying that everyone is saying.... "Guess i'll wait till beta." :P

Deleted
    On topic: Currently there are no direct substitution for our loss of Expel Harm and other instant healing spells such as chi torpedo or easily preemptive use of Healing Elixir (by easy I mean chi brew + energizing brew). I think the closest sustainable healing for leveling purposes we'll get atm is Eye of the Tiger. But imo Expel Harm had the best usage in PvE as a chi generator pre-battle which is now only achievable with Energizing Elixir (a relief and a loss at the same time). However losing Expel Harm in PvP means a lot for our overall survival capabilities as TeB combined with Expel Harm during crossfire = sustainable healing & damage.
    However with the current artifact traits, being able to heal with karma and transcendence should give us a fair survivability but functions better as an emergency healing than sustainable. BRM losing Expel Harm seems worse atm as we now rely on random procs of Gotox.

I'm usually using it, but not loving it any bit... Healing tier to Tiger Palm sounds better to me.

When using Chi Explotion(Windwalker) you will end up using Expel Harm in situations ure not in melee range-

And there are lots of mechanics that forces melee to run away from the boss. Expel Harm is a really nice way to make sure you can get some chi, and possible use chiexplotion at range.

If you didn't use expel harm on CD with a MW then you were doing it wrong... so yes this spell was greatly appreciated as a MW.

Tiger palm being the new healing is dumb, because it's healing tied to a targeted spell. Meaning you need to be actively hitting something to heal. That means our out of combat healing goes to crap, our retreating healing also goes to crap, we have no way to build chi prior to a fight, etc.

Plus, I'm playing a MONK, not just a martial artist. I don't want my Windwalker losing all the magical aspects of the class. I like my green misty stuff.

people you're missing the shittiest spell of them all, this makes me sad - let blizzard remove useless shit and let them add something nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, was never a fan of Expel Harm, it heals for fuck all, especially as a WW.

I don't mind if they get rid of it in exchange for an actual survival button and not one that heals for about as much as a single Lock DoT tick's worth of damage.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    let blizzard remove useless shit and let them add something nice
    Well they already did some of that so far but lets reiterate the primary usage of Expel Harm again shall we.

Chi Generator: in order to fully utilize the damage, especially on pull/burst. TP + RSK is necessary = 2GCD and then we're 1 chi short of being able to use FoF (unless your racial is BE), not to mention the RNG nature of 2x Chi Brew. So in short 3GCD before using FoF.

The new changes = 0 chi from the beginning unless you talent and use Energizing Elixir but we don't have to apply any debuffs. However the mastery and the new Artifact Trait "Transfer the Power" prompts us to mix it up and use BK & RSK before FoF so depending on the %dmg buff applied we need to spend at least 2GCD but on the bright side we can get a 0 chi cost FoF through the traits.

So without looking at %dmg, we're approximately still at the same GCD usage as before which I think is ok.

Healing (PvP): I already mentioned my concerns with PvP sustained combat & healing, a big issue considering how squishy WW are. Imagine enhancement shamans without Shamanistic Rage and instant healing surges - that is what we're leaning towards. Our mobility on the other hand has gone through the roof + healing transcendence (but I am sick of tired of being an "elusive robed spellcaster" than a tough monk who hardens his fist by punching rocks, shaolin style. Whatever happened to being able to parry anyways?)

In regard to sustainable combat healing we haven't got "something nice". Its all about being able to keep pressure on your opponent while staying alive. Good Karma will keep you up but will apply less pressure on the opponent as a damaging ability.

But I'll agree to why is Expel Harm shitty in regards to always having to Chi Generate pre-pull otherwise its a dps loss etc. The loss of Expel Harm in PvE will not be missed as much as in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Meh, was never a fan of Expel Harm, it heals for fuck all, especially as a WW.
    I've had 430k crits with it as Brewmaster. The reason I think it sucked for WW/MW is because it was so great for BrM due to resolve scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    I've had 430k crits with it as Brewmaster. The reason I think it sucked for WW/MW is because it was so great for BrM due to resolve scaling.
    They're exaggerating anyways, an expel harm heals for about 15-20% of your health OUTSIDE TEB. It's not bad at all it just isn't a maelstrom weapon healing surge or predatory swiftness healing touch either (which is balanced by the fact BK heals for 30% damage done, you've got chi wave or chi burst, touch of karma, and if you selected the master race of draenei, a 20% health heal ).

Now, Surging Mists, now that's a stinker. 1.5 sec cast for miserable healing tied with energy cost.

7+ Year Old Account
    surging mists costs less energy and heals more than expel harm maybe we get some surging mists proc mechanic as brm that maks it an instand cast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryceamas View Post
    If you didn't use expel harm on CD with a MW then you were doing it wrong... so yes this spell was greatly appreciated as a MW.

yes, it WAS. You used EH for Chi, ther's not chi anymore so it will either a) be waste of mana and overheal or b) trigger GCD which you could have used on something way better and proc passive heals without losing anything. So no, it's not going to be missed for us. It's just a filter. Depending on your haste, you might as well cast SM since mana means absolutely nothing.

Deleted
    Perhaps it's a bit silly, but I just liked the animation on my WW, it kinda mixed things up a bit. Like when we had sparring and the attack we performed after a parry, it just added a little more flavour to the animations than just have the auto-attack melee swings.
    Edit- in wowhead model viewer the animation that played after a parry is the MonkDefenseSpecialUnarmed. Can't remember the name of the passive that caused a free attack after a parry.
    Last edited by mmoc0e455f808c; 2015-12-01 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryceamas View Post
    Just because a spell is good does not mean the spell is fun, though :P
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise