Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3. Best game of 2015 imho. At least in this genre 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    TW3's combat is superior to TW2's in every way.
    And yet it is still clunky and easy and it doesn't change at all during the 100 hours of game play.

OT: You could get witcher for 35 retail where I live even though they were selling it for 60, plus they were themselves selling it for around 40 so 50 % off the "normal" price is not even a good sale.

Anyway, you should pick whichever appeals to you more. A great action game or a great (or decent and grindy at least) RPG.

And yet it is still clunky and easy and it doesn't change at all during the 100 hours of game play.
    How is it clunky?

And I am yet to play an RPG in which the combat changes. It's all the same mechanics and animations, really.

Even Dragon Age with its array of dozens if not hundreds of spells and builds is the same after a while.

Witcher 3 has ok combat, but some things are superfluous, before it was a pain (as in too convoluted to be fun), the world and story are great.

Deleted
    TW3 is just 2130123 times better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher, without a second thougth.
    But why not buy both? Both games combined would roughly cost you 30 bucks at a keyshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Witcher, without a second thougth.
    But why not buy both? Both games combined would roughly cost you 30 bucks at a keyshop.
    Shadow of mordor is indeed also good but the game length is far from what you'll get in witcher 3.

In terms of content, Witcher 3. In terms of action /combat, Shadow of Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    In terms of action /combat, Shadow of Mordor.
    Read all your comments and i appriciate your input, but tbh, i was looking through the "action" section when i found these 2 and i just wanted a fast paced action really :> and I've so far played the action MMO skyforge for about 200 hrs so repetative combat dosen't really annoy me if it's fun combat

But Rath Here pretty much sums it up, Maby i'll buy witcher aswell later and see if it's good, but right now i just want a hack n' slash-ish Action game

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    Shadows of Mordor plays very Assassin Creed like.. A commentary once wrote it even is "the best Assassins-Creed game".

While Witcher 3 is a very unique RPG with story telling and a lot options, a great combat system and more about following the story.

Both are open world, while Witcher 3 is stronger in telling the story.

TW3 is a superior game in my opinion.

As someone who owns Shadow of Mordor, but not Witcher 3, go with Witcher 3.

They play quite differently. Buy both if you can. My fun/time ratio was definitely higher with Mordor than TW3.

Witcher 3- http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270

Shadow of Mordor- http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=18006

If that helps support people on which has more content, it does show the obvious difference.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    TW3's combat is superior to TW2's in every way.
    I'd agree with that. However, the best I can say for TW3's combat is that it is adequate.

But you don't play the Witcher games for the combat, you play them basically in spite of the combat

Edit: as far as the topic goes, two completely different types of games. I'd go with Witcher 3 for overall value of an RPG but SoM is good as well (seems to be sold a bit short here as people going on like it's a bad game).
    Last edited by Valeron; 2015-11-28 at 06:37 PM.

SoM and TW3 are the only two games I've purchased this year. TW3 is the better overall game by a decent margin. That said, SoM has highly entertaining combat.

Overall I'd give SoM somewhere between 7 and 8, and TW3 somewhere between 9.5 and 9.8. I'm serious about TW3 its really that good.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey

Both of these games are on steam atm for like 50% off and i'm wondering which one is most worth buying, Since from what i've seen they're pretty similar in terms of gameplay
    Someone already said it - buy both if you can - those are really great games - W3 is much bigger - first playthrough is around 100 hours easly and when you finish it there is NG+ (you can make some different choices so story wise you can see some changes) - there is already first DLC released (another 20hours easly) and probably next incoming in Q1 2016.

Shadow of Mordor is waaay smaller still has really enjoyable gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 100% of the time. It's larger, has better gameplay, arguably better graphics, is longer and well.. it actually HAS a story. With amazing writing. SoM has an excuse for the player to kill lots of orcs, not something that would qualify as a story in my opinion. I never understood why Shadow of Mordor got such rave reviews. It was OK, nothing more. Witcher 3 actually managed to live up to its hype.

Witcher 3= fun game, great replayability. Shadow of Mordor = watch your progress slip away constantly, stupid orc general system

Both is extremely good, but when I feel like just jumping in and slaughtering stuff shadow of mordor is more fun.