Deleted

Need advice on new purchase - Black Friday

I'm looking to purchase a PC imminently, especially with all the deals flying around at the moment. Seen as I'm running off a very old system these days.

Based off the review below:

pcadvisor.co.uk/review/pcs/chillblast-fusion-krypton-review-3627962/

Purpose:
    I've been looking at the Chillblast Fusion Krypton. I intend to use the PC for gaming and to last a while, so to keep up with the industry. For a living I also utilise the Adobe packages mainly Illustrator (less), Photoshop and InDesign.

My question: Do you think this is a good deal as I really like the warranty on the PC tbh? I'd also like someone to recommend any custom upgrades that I should look to do. Is the SSD at 128GB too small for example?

I'm looking for a balance between longevity and performance.

chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Krypton-Skylake-Gaming-PC.html

(Can the first person, if they can, post these links for me?)

- - - Updated - - -

Basically what extras should I include if any at all.

Many thanks for anyones advice!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/pc...eview-3627962/

http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast...Gaming-PC.html

Does not look too bad for the price, SSD is smallish imho, 240 GB would be better, might look into an AMD GPU for DX12 compatibility (r9 390 or 390X depending on budget/possibilities ofc). As always, might be better bang for your buck to build yourself but that's ofc up to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Does not look too bad for the price, SSD is smallish imho, 240 GB would be better, might look into an AMD GPU for DX12 compatibility (r9 390 or 390X depending on budget/possibilities ofc). As always, might be better bang for your buck to build yourself but that's ofc up to you.
    Thank you for posting the links! I would love to build my own. But I feel the warranty on the machine would be too good to pass-up. I mean 2 year collect and return with a 5 year warranty as well.

I kind of am looking for a machine that I can get a big upgrade for the moment and say in 2 years time, start tinkering with upgrades.

What's this concerning the DX12? Do the new Skylake architectures support this as well?

For DX12 it is mainly for the graphics card, current Nvidia GPU's are missing some key tech for optimal DX12 support and AMD cards don't have this problem, it should not be an issue with Skylake which is the CPU.

Also note that this machine is a smaller form factor which may limit you upgrade possibilities in the future.

Deleted
    All pc parts have at least 2 years waranty by themselves, its not a shos waranty. If something goes bad they just take it from you sent it back to factory and give you a new one. What you could benefit is and depends from the store, is if they have the same part stock they can give you a replacement on the spot. Again depends from the shop, usually only big companies do that.

An aerocool psu in it is a go away mark for me. As denpepe said 128gb is nothing atm, windows (and its updates) and 1-2games and its full. Dunno what chillblast gtx970 supposed to be but on that 970 on the photo is the Msi "cheap version" ie lower clocked one. 870 pounds for the pc its a good deal definately. But as i said a couple things are red flags. I'd call them and ask them to replace the ssd with say a samsung 250gb and a proper good psu and see how much more they would charge.

To give you an idea, for under 1k, for no compromises i would look something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£205.99 @ Ebuyer)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£48.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Dabs)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£69.99 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£58.55 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£34.98 @ Dabs)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card (£247.14 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (£50.54 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£67.98 @ CCL Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£72.30 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £966.45
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-29 15:05 GMT+0000

Deleted
    Hi Soirthe, just wondered if you bought this in the end and if so, how it has performed since. Did you change some of the components as recommended above? I have been looking at it too and would probably upgrade some components as suggested above - however I am not sure how much of a problem the small case would be. It looks good, but is it likely to be something I'd regret when I need to upgrade a component in a few years?

Thanks