Thread: R.I.P. Hellfire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you were clutch you'd use hellfire to break you out of cc in pvp, I miss that the most...but pvp is awful now anyways so who cares.

Made by dubbelbasse

Glad to see it gone. Shame it was so useless. Mannoroth's Fury makes me laugh when I see that it buffs the power of the one spell that each spec never has any reason to cast atm. Immo aura is going to vengeance though, so it's not completely gone I guess. Makes more sense there anyway.

I'm gonna miss that ability, I do agree it was pretty bad. Still I'm gonna miss it because it reminds me of an iconic warlock ability, it'd be useful for demon hunters if they made it stronger or tweaked it's effect a little.

Deleted
    I'm kind of happy it's gone as it wasn't much else than a cool animation now.
    That said it could have been cool if they added something like it, but instead of having to run into melee and stand there maybe have the aura go on your pet(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Woolock View Post
    I'm kind of happy it's gone as it wasn't much else than a cool animation now.
    That said it could have been cool if they added something like it, but instead of having to run into melee and stand there maybe have the aura go on your pet(s).
    They could be using the visuals for Demonwrath, it's pretty much what's been suggested for a while now: Hellfire off of the location of your pets.

Deleted
    Fuck I love Hellfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Rain of Fire can't be the worst spell in the game any more because in Legion it summons infernals, which turns it into the best spell in the game, clearly.
    I saw this on the artifact tree and wondered why people weren't freaking out about it. It seems ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I saw this on the artifact tree and wondered why people weren't freaking out about it. It seems ridiculous.
    Because it is a warlock weapon talent, which means if it is super cool it wont make it to live, and if it does make it to live it will be a crippled shadow of what it could have been. Maybe it will be awesome and I am wrong, I hope I am wrong.

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP, won't be missed. Hello Demonwrath.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    it might be hard to believe, but SoC was actually good at one point in time. then they introduced mastery that doesn't improve SoC damage, and after that they made it so that only your own damage detonates a seed, resulting in the clunky, mediocre aoe spell we have today

shoutout to multiple expacs of seeds not doing enough damage on their detonation to trigger other detonations
    Hell, during Karazahn raiding on Illhoof I loved being THE lock that got to do nothing but stand near the entrance and spam SOC. It was my favorite role in raiding that tier even beyond enslaving trash demons. Ah, the good old niche lock days .

The game is in alpha, nothing is final yet

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    Lol, that spot is entirely reserved for Seed of Corruption, sorry.
    seed of not required because affliction is fucking godmode multitarget, look how it raped MoP.

given a strong aoe, there would be no reason to bring anything other than affliction warlock for every single encounter, also you had destro for aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Hell, during Karazahn raiding on Illhoof I loved being THE lock that got to do nothing but stand near the entrance and spam SOC. It was my favorite role in raiding that tier even beyond enslaving trash demons. Ah, the good old niche lock days .
    Specced into Nether Protection ^^ good times.

Quote Originally Posted by deathonabun View Post
    I actually miss the days when Hellfire dealt damage to the warlock. When the raid was wiping, warlocks would try to avoid a durability loss by spamming lifetap and then casting hellfire to kill themselves. Meanwhile spiteful and ignorant healers alike would prevent us from pulling it off until we died from something else.
    Always annoyed me when people did that. If you are going to wipe, sack up and take the repair bill. Was especially annoying when people trying to avoid repair bills like rogues and hunters could potentially bug the raid out causing the boss to not reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Because it is a warlock weapon talent, which means if it is super cool it wont make it to live, and if it does make it to live it will be a crippled shadow of what it could have been.
    Wow, could you be whining any harder? I don't think you could be even if you posted a picture of your face actually crying.

Deleted
    I was about to say, back in the day, SoC used to be Very good. I remember multiple (in PvP even!) awesome gankfests in Alterec Valley due to SoC exploding and murdering every alliance ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Always annoyed me when people did that. If you are going to wipe, sack up and take the repair bill. Was especially annoying when people trying to avoid repair bills like rogues and hunters could potentially bug the raid out causing the boss to not reset.
    More crying. "Stop using your class to avoid unnecessary costs!! It's unfair! ;("

Glad nobody listens to people like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire was a shitty spell throughout it's lifetime, it was more useful for its other features (repair bill prevention or cc break) than actual AoE damage. But both if things I mentioned are irrelevant for a long time now, which leaves it just a shitty AoE.

Not gonna miss.