Deleted

Do i have any pet of worth?

Hello everyone!
    So, i havent realy understood that people realy want battle pets untill today. and i have a decent amount of them, but im not intrested in them and have no clue what they are worth.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s=is-collected
    If im just stupid, is there any addon to see this easily?

Thanks in advance!
    ///Xyze

If you used an Addon such Enhanced Pet Journal you could filter your pets by Tradeable/Cageable and then Dupilicates and go from there.
    Doing just a quick skim of your collection I can see you have doubles of some holiday pets, a couple Iron Starlettes and some other Raid Drop pets. Typically the harder or rarer the pet is (Trading Card Game), the more it is worth, and to some degree its level i.e. level 1s may sell for 500g-1000g, but level 25s can sometimes go for 5k+. That said it is generally not worth it to sell pets that are not rare quality at least, and probably ones below level 25 but your mileage may vary.

1, get an addon to help filter your collection
    2, Sort through duplicate pets - pay special attention raid drops/holiday items that won't come around for awhile.
    3, [Optional] Upgrade them to level 25 and Rare quality
    4, Stick on Auction House
    5, ????
    6, Profit?

Edit: P.S. Your rarest pet is your Warbot, while it's not tradeable sadly, It makes me very jelly
    Last edited by Blyght; 2015-11-28 at 06:51 PM.

It's all about their rarity really. You could search AH for pets and then just sort in gold cost order. But mostly the valuable pets are the types that are not 100% drops, or have to be purchased for real monies. A couple of good ones that sell high but many have you can check for are the 2 pets from darkmoon that are rare drops Syd the Squid and Darkmoon eye. Just an example.

Trading Card Game pets are worth the most.

Pets who can perform a function (Like Ethereal Soul-Trader) are worth even more. But those kind of pets are rare.

Pets who come from raid drops or quests are not worth very much unless they came from the modern relevant tier of bosses, or one expansion behind (MOP bosses in this case, since those are still not farmable)

What I can tell you for sure, is to always remember that even though you could level a pet to 25 and ask for more, it's probably much more marketable to leave the pet level 1 and ask for the base expected price.

The market of people who'd pay MORE for level 25 is not only small, but often people who obsess over battle pets that much are looking to level it themselves and might view an already leveled pet with disdain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyght View Post

Edit: P.S. Your rarest pet is your Warbot, while it's not tradeable sadly, It makes me very jelly
    You can buy that pet from the toy vendors for 500 gold. http://www.wowhead.com/item=95621/warbot-ignition-key

The total value if you caged everything you could and sold might be around 7k in a good market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    Trading Card Game pets are worth the most.

Pets who can perform a function (Like Ethereal Soul-Trader) are worth even more. But those kind of pets are rare.

Pets who come from raid drops or quests are not worth very much unless they came from the modern relevant tier of bosses, or one expansion behind (MOP bosses in this case, since those are still not farmable)

What I can tell you for sure, is to always remember that even though you could level a pet to 25 and ask for more, it's probably much more marketable to leave the pet level 1 and ask for the base expected price.

The market of people who'd pay MORE for level 25 is not only small, but often people who obsess over battle pets that much are looking to level it themselves and might view an already leveled pet with disdain.
    The Argent Squire/Gruntling is one of my favorites. You can purchase a tiny pony for them that lets you access a trader and more importantly, your bank through them! Has a few hours CD, but nothing beats just pulling out my Squire and accessing my bank where ever I want, without having to be an engineer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    The total value if you caged everything you could and sold might be around 7k in a good market.
    How do you cage a pet? Is it an item you buy?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    How do you cage a pet? Is it an item you buy?
    Open your pet journal and right click on a pet and choose "put in cage" (as long as it can be cageable).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Open your pet journal and right click on a pet and choose "put in cage" (as long as it can be cageable).
    Cool, thanks!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The most valuable pet in on my server (at least that I've seen in the auction house) is the fire elemental (forgot the name) that dropped during the limited time 10th anniversary Molten Core raid. I've seen it going for as high as 75K. Some of the high end rare raid drops go for 20K. From there its pretty hit or miss, some pets that are really hard to farm or really popular in pet battles can go for 5-10K. The remainder tend to go for a just a few gold up to 1k or so.

When battle pets were added as drops to the old BC/WotLK raids I could make 10-15K a week just farming the raid drops on my main and alts and selling them on the auction house, unfortunately most players have figured out that these raids are quite easily soloable and most of the raid drop pets are going only 100G or less these days.
    Last edited by Dervrak; 2015-12-01 at 10:52 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother leveling them to 25 if you're going to sell them. Collectors won't care what level your pet is, and battlers can level a pet to 25 in 15 minutes. The price difference between a lvl 1 and a lvl 25 pet is negligible. Rarity is more important, but, unless you battle, you're not going to get the battle-stones to upgrade your pets.

Unless you need some quick gold, just hold on to them. They don't take up bag space, and, if you ever get into pet battling, you'll regret selling them now. I thought pet battling was the dumbest idea ever. Now I do at least 10 battles a day. You could also give them away as in-game gifts to friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    Don't bother leveling them to 25 if you're going to sell them. Collectors won't care what level your pet is, and battlers can level a pet to 25 in (5 seconds to instant)*.
    depending how many leveling stones the battler and alts he has with the level 25 upgrade stone.