Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting kicked out of Battlegrounds

I'm not sure what it is, but I guess it's the occasional gear check by a random person. Currently I'm trying to gear some new characters, which of course are running in ilvl 600 quest gear. Sometimes I get kicked before the battle even begins.

I'm probably getting reported with some text like "low pve gear, will make us lose the game"... and then kicked, if this is possible (I don't know).

The funny part is that I'm not doing anything wrong and I'm getting the deserter debuff. This should be fixed.

Or am I doing something wrong? Is Ashran faster for blue PvP gear than random BGs?

Sounds to me like you're improperly clearing your afk flag.
    Signature not found

are you typing /afk or /camp or something? if so you're kicking yourself out.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

tanaan dailies. shows respect to both self + others.

good, have at least some gear before queuing, either from ashran or tanaan.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Doing some skirmishes first does not hurt.

ashran is definitely better but u need to snipe for a good group. i was having a miserable time with freshly dinged character in a bg. in between queues i was joining ashran and in a few attempts got in a good group and finished my blue gear farm in a couple of hours.

Got quickly conquest capped on my newly dinged disc priest this weekend. That's over 3 groups. Give it a few events and a Vol kill before dismissing it, there tends to be a lot of turnover after a rotation. Alternatively, you can put in the time and help seed a Hydra or Avengers group.

Also, Glad Sanctum in your Garrison for easy honor and gear. "Easy", if you don't get complete shit Ashran groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Similar scenario happened to my 580 shadowpriest. In the beginning people talked crap, after 5 minutes I was first in Damage and Kills ... yeah the group must be ultra shit but dont forget, gear gets scaled. Then I did the mistake and pointed at them ... got kicked infight

Just keep your mouth shut. Don't talk to anyone and you might survive this garbage upgearing phase.

If this does not work, go Ashran and do PvE for Artifacts. Deliver Artifacts for Honor and pleasure yourself with new PvP Items.

I didn't even know you could kick people from BGs o.O

But as people here have stated, go do Ashran. If/when you get a good group, you will be fully geared in hours. It sucks, but having some movie on Netflix or what ever running while strolling after your group in Ashran, helps a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    You can't kick someone before the bg start... It seems there is a bug somewhere.

+ there is an auto-upgrade of stuff when you enter bgs to assure that you're not too low before your opponent... I used to kick unstuffed people with friend (with really really shitty stuff, meaning they couldn't do anything). I agree it was some kind of dick move, but it's really something of the past with the new pvp gear mechanic.
    Last edited by mmocda102fee2d; 2015-12-01 at 08:35 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is possible to kick people from BGs? How did i never knew of this
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

report system doesn't even activate till the battle starts, and i simply don't believe you are being kicked for low gear, which is rather common in randoms. Sounds more like you are afk and trying to play the victim

Deleted
    It happened to me all the time when I was afking farming PVE gear. It didn't matter back then because we hat instant invites for the price of losing every single BG no matter what.

They set your minimum ilvl to 700 no matter what gear u are wearing I believe. So right now if u are up to date on your conquests, the max ilvl is probably around 733-735. So at worst u are 35 ilvls below the max. Not the biggest deal in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    They set your minimum ilvl to 700 no matter what gear u are wearing I believe. So right now if u are up to date on your conquests, the max ilvl is probably around 733-735. So at worst u are 35 ilvls below the max. Not the biggest deal in the world.
    Pretty huge deal actually if you want to compare it with someone that has a full set of the current conquest gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    35 ilvls is about a 50% dps difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    this kicking people from bgs has been around as long as bgs have. when i use to play wow back in the day it worked as follows,if enough people reported you afk you would get flagged and kicked from said bg within seconds "maybe 10".

it happened to me alot one day,i told this guy off in wsg and he got pissed off.he was in a pm with like 4 other people,so every time they see me in a wf they would all report me afk.even at the start area in wsg,they we reporting me afk when the match started, i did not even have time to get to hit another player or make it to mid before i was booted.

so if you getting kicked because of your gear,its done so by a few people and yes it should be fixed.

Yes you can be kicked if enough people report you afk at the same time. For that to happen repeatedly though because of low ilvl is very unlikely. Perhaps you are doing something else to piss people off on such a scale? maybe you are not even wearing trinkets/other pieces of gear?

Are you guys sure all gear scale up to 700? I thought I remembered gear under ilvl 600 or something wouldn't. So the first questing pieces + MOP gear wouldn't be scaled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Try telling your self that when a 730ish PvPer comes and kill you in one little stun

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, if you really want to do PvP, get the Glad Sanctum in your Garrison, and go do Ashran. You will get a lot of those bone things, that you create work orders with. And you will be gaining a lot of gear from Ashran when/if you find a good group (Just NEVER leave before your Tour of Ashran buff is gone! You don't want to be flagged desserter).
    Also you can do do Arena Skrimishes, some people actually sell wins for that as well. That is way faster than BGs.

I look at BGs as the fun mode of PvP. Not too serious, but still more serious than Ashran. Shitty place to farm PvP gear though, because if you don't have PvP gear you are nothing but a burden, except healers, they might do ok if left alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore