Poll: Has HotS replaced WoW PVP for you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Though, as you mentioned, these are two different game types,indeed i'm having more fun in HoTS than in WoW PvP nowadays.The question is - what kind of WoW PvP do you mean?Casual random bg grind and 2 vs 2?Then of course HoTS PvP is way more better than in WoW,but as I heard,the 3 vs 3 is quite balanced,though I haven't tried it this expansion.Yet,if you're forced to roll other class only because it does the same as yours only better,it pisses me off and I won't reroll in spite of it - instead of it I just won't run in PvP at all (for example,the warrior they turned into dull meat with low survivability nowadays). To be honest,lately I play HoTS more than WoW - the main thing I do nowadays in WoW is running mythic dungeons,since I see no point in running HFC normal or even heroic,with typical pug requirements - 730 ilvl and Archimonde mythic achievement.When i'm done with mythic dungeons,I just don't know what to do,since I find the latest pvp season quite pointless,with it's +10 ilvl increase on s3 gear,which yet again reminds of how much Blizzard cares about the PvP,yet again giving Alliance and Horde the same model recoloured gear,which is like a spit in the WoW PvP player faces.
    It's worth mentioning,that in HoTS there're a lot of people favourite heroes and the idea,that you can play as your favourite hero - well,it's just great.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who used to be a hardcore WoW RBG player(2400) I actually agree with you. I think HotS developers took a look at WoW rbgs and took the good stuff(varied maps/objectives, multiple roles, focus on team work) and added it to HotS. It is obvious that the Towers of Doom was heavily based on AB, Killing a structure gives you points more additional points and having to take a siege cannon damages(or in ab gives you points) their core. Hell even taking an objective(flag) is from AB, you can't take it is someone is attacking you. They have taken small things and placed it into HotS from WoW.

Although they really have done nothing to make a better mmr system.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    At the risk of responding to a necro...
    If the original subject is still relevant it's usually fine. Carry on!

My problem with WoW PvP is that the latest expansion bored the hell out of me in that category (among other categories). No new battlegrounds or anything, and the answer to all of that was basically "But you're getting Ashran, and it's gonna be awesome!"

So yeah, I guess Heroes did fill a bit of a void there, but I only got a couple of months in on WoD before I got bored, so lots of games are filling the void.

I stopped playing WoW last year sometime (might be back for Legion), but even while I still played I'd quit PvP in favour of HotS.

Its way better than current wow pvp. I will say though, playing back in wrath with a few friends, I probably enjoyed wow pvp more. Now though its easily hots for me. I know there are "best specs" for some heroes, but you always have 1 or 2 rows where you have a few options depending on how the enemy is playing. I like the flexibility. Back in wrath and other expansions, I liked that depending on whether I was doing arena/world pvp/ battlegrounds, I could gear differently. Especially depending on who my teammates were at the time. Now its too cookie cutter and gear is 100% a means to an ends. I only gear up in wow because you have to stay competitive.

7+ Year Old Account
    PvP in Warcraft was brutally murdered at the end of Cataclysm.
    Nothing can replace it sadly: no game, no expansion, no private server. And I am not even sure we need it - some people, myself included, just not ready to commit that much time and energy into it anymore.

If you like HotS - it's great. It is a good game and has it's own audience. But do not confuse apples and oranges.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Deleted
    I like most mobas, but i find Hots to be incredibly boring. Mostly like wow pvp has always been.

Never been into PVP in WoW that much, but I do enjoy Heroes of the Storm a lot and dont even bother trying with the WoW PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    i despise any moba game, so no.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I would agree that MOBAs are a much better replacement considering what Blizz has down with WoW PvP. If WoW hadn't gone down the path of homogenization of the classes, I think there would have been a solid case to support both as a player. As it stands now, MOBAs are actually far more skilled based than WoW PvP (which is very class /spec and gear based...sorry if that reality bruises your ego...skill is a component in WoW PvP, but is distinctly in 3rd place).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'd hoped it would replace WoW PvP for me, but it didn't. I just can't get into MOBAs for some reason. They're just boring to me.
    Have you tried Smite? Reason why I cannot play mobas is the gameplay: click click click click click click... You get the point I believe.

And no, wow pvp is intresting and fast paced and has so many different ways to play. Those who whine about unbalance simply should not speak about pvp at all. You can counter any class, any setup or any player with any class, setup and team. Just simply practice.

Top down mobas are most boring games I've played. It's hard to invest and play as a character when you see small top of head and lil bit shoulders on the screen I mean why in the hell anybody would wanna buy skins for characters when they see him/her/it in full glory only in character selection screen?
    The community is simply horrible in most mobas (specially in lol).
    And as I mentioned before the gameplay is mostly just clicking. Only thing that intrests me in mobas is deep stragety and teamplay it requires to win the rounds. That's why I play smite alot. Only moba atm that has skill based moment not clicking for 20-30 minutes. Smite has intresting characters not just made up stuff for the game itself (lol).
    When I play hots or dota or lol I don't feel any rush during fights or actually I don't feel anything... It's as intresting as watching snail to cross a road... if even that...
    In smite and wow I get the same adrenaline rush as I get in FPS games. You have to dodge and think your timing in a blink of an eye. In wow you cannot be succesfull without knowing your enemy class 100% and how the class can counter your class. This is somewhat same in Smite and in those boring mobas.

Having over 60 keybinds for skills and macros and very responsive UI telling you what is happening when playing wow pvp keeps me in constant thinking cycle when enemy does something how I respond to it. I have 4-20 different ways to respond in his moment which one I use if he does that afterwards or maybe he does this...

Mobas cannot replace the rush I get from wow pvp ever. Comparing wow pvp into mobas is like comparing fast paced FPS pvp to microsoft flight simulator.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't "replaced" it for me since I stopped PvP'ing in Cataclysm, but between the two, Heroes is my choice for PvP. I feel more like a Restoration Druid playing as Malfurion instead of WoW's Resto Druid class.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love HOTS and i hate pvp games , never tried pvp in wow i'll do in Legion
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

so basically youre saying wow pvp is too complicated for you due to all the buttons and you need an easier version such as HoTs which in its own rights is a bottom of the barrel Moba with a very low skill level needed to play and understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh blah blah blah. Get over yourself, stop trying to insult others for the type of game they play not being "good enough".
    its really not about being good enough and i never said that so you can climb down off your soap box now pls. if you need someone to defend go rescue and animal or join a protest dont jump to every window licker's defense on here because remembering where 15 buttons on a keyboard and what they do exactly, is too hard for them to do so they need to cut it down to five.

Even though I stopped playing wow and love mobas, I voted "no".

It's a different experience. That's why I wouldn't be able to just replace one with the other. I think there is still fun to be had in both places and if I had an arranged team of friends and we wanted to choose either one or the other, I think I'd actually vote for wow pvp, because it's harder to pull off.

I said I was going to become a legit pvper in WoD with ashran though it was going to be fun was going to get in arenas again (havent since bc) HA
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

No way. There are better MOBAs out there. I don't go near HOTS unless playing a few games gives me a pet or something on WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    so basically youre saying wow pvp is too complicated for you due to all the buttons and you need an easier version such as HoTs which in its own rights is a bottom of the barrel Moba with a very low skill level needed to play and understand it.
    WoW PVP is overly complicated to the point where it's not enjoyable, that's the problem. FPS games have a ton of room for skill caps and there are just a few buttons. A lot of the skill isn't about how many buttons you have, but when you have to press them.

Compare that to WoW where you are essentially performing a repetitive rotation to maintain max damage and your gear controls your power. WoW PVP is actually more complicated but far less skillful than a FPS or a MOBA. It's primarily about gear and comp.