My Logitech G11 keyboard and G600 mouse aren't being recognized. Please Help.

Hey guys, so here is the issue:

I recently built a new PC, here are the specs:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z170x-Gaming 7 1151 Motherboard
    Intel Core i5-6600k
    Corsair Vengeance 16gb 288 pin 2400 DDR4 Ram
    Evga GeForce GTX 970 GPU
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heatsink

My issue is I have a G600 MMO gaming mouse by Logitech, and an older G11 keyboard also by Logitech. I updated all the software on the computer, and downloaded Logitech's software, but neither the computer nor the software recognizes the two peripherals. Logitech says no Logitech products are plugged in, and the computer registers them as a simple mouse and keyboard, so none of the extra buttons on either peripheral works.

I have searched google, and tried Gigabytes website for help, as well as Logitech's but I'm still coming up with nothing. If you have any ideas I'd surely appreciate it. These worked fine on my last computer, so I see no reason they shouldn't work now.

Did you try different USB ports? might have an issue if you plugged them into usb 3 iso usb 2 these things can be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Did you try different USB ports? might have an issue if you plugged them into usb 3 iso usb 2 these things can be tricky.
    All the USB ports on my Motherboard are 3.0 I tried plugging them into different ones. The 2 USB ports on my case are 2.0 but the same thing happens. Now if I plug the mouse into my laptop, or my Fiance's laptop, it works just fine. I only have these issues when I plug it into my desktop, so I know it's not my mouse or keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
    All the USB ports on my Motherboard are 3.0 I tried plugging them into different ones..
    Actually, only the blue ones are USB 3.0. The yellow are 2.0, and the red is 3.1.

Have you tried the yellow ones specifically?

Also, are you using W10?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

As a last resort try reinstalling windows. I had an an issue where some of my USB ports did not work at all on a brand new board. Asus support suggested I reinstall windows. I thought they were just trying to get out of sending a replacement but it worked like a charm. No problems with those ports since.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Actually, only the blue ones are USB 3.0. The yellow are 2.0, and the red is 3.1.

Have you tried the yellow ones specifically?

Also, are you using W10?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128835

According to this picture they're all 3.0 or 3.1 a/c. I'm using Windows 7. I have tried plugging them into every USB port on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne
    As a last resort try reinstalling windows. I had an an issue where some of my USB ports did not work at all on a brand new board. Asus support suggested I reinstall windows. I thought they were just trying to get out of sending a replacement but it worked like a charm. No problems with those ports since.
    I haven't tried this no. You're right, it does sound like a cop out, but I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128835

According to this picture they're all 3.0 or 3.1 a/c. I'm using Windows 7. I have tried plugging them into every USB port on my computer.

I haven't tried this no. You're right, it does sound like a cop out, but I'll give it a shot, thanks.
    For what it's worth, I had the same problem with my mouse in my new build when it was on windows 7, but when I processed the upgrade to windows 10 a few hours later, it suddenly started working. It was probably just a side effect of a clean install, but it was a rare case where installing windows 10 fixed a driver issue.