Retribution losing Hammer of the Righteous?

Sorry if this has been discussed, search function isn't working out too well for me in these regards.

I completely missed this originally, didn't think anything of it. But I got to wondering how the new "Crusader's Flurry" talent would work with HotR, but it's gone from the spell list for Retribution. Kind of came as a shocker for me, I wasn't really expecting it to go.

Anyone else feel like the listing looks a little low in terms for AOE potential now, especially mobile AOE?

If anyone could fill me in if I'm missing something, that'd be great. Right now it looks like the l15 talents and DS are all we really have going for us in terms of AOE with the loss of seals and HotR, which feels like we might be at a slight AOE disadvantage compared to now.

NOTE: I know there's supposedly other skills floating around that aren't appearing in the ability list on the build creators, such as the supposed Auras referenced in the PVP talents, so I'm really not "QQing", looking for honest pointers/discussion.

For AoE it's more going to be that Blade attack and Divine Storm - which now sticks around and travels forward. Oh and your DS is duplicated after I think 3s by Ashbringer. So no, all told Ret will probably remain on the AoE list about the same spot that it is now. Maybe even a little ahead, though doubtful with the removal of seals.

It looks like if you are in a fight that has multi targets they want you to switch talents. HotR's replacement seems to be the Zeal talent. I'm sure there will be a numbers pass on that tier of talents since Zeal seems like the hand down best choice in nearly all situations. Divine hammer is sure to help out with moble AoE if it is a major concern.
    Last edited by sleezyg; 2015-11-29 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    good, it was a clunky spell to use anyway. ret aoe was in dire need for an improvement

You want to AoE? better take those AoE talents.

oh, you thought talents were for customizing your play style? lolno.

(yes I'm jaded)

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Oh and your DS is duplicated after I think 3s by Ashbringer. So no, all told Ret will probably remain on the AoE list about the same spot that it is now. Maybe even a little ahead, though doubtful with the removal of seals.
    Yes, but we won't have those talents till probably 3-4 months in (providing that they take forever to get like they want since they don't want all the talents taken by first tier).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yes, but we won't have those talents till probably 3-4 months in (providing that they take forever to get like they want since they don't want all the talents taken by first tier).
    This is part of it. I'm not suggesting we're WTIHOUT any cleave/AOE. Clearly there are a few talents that could boost that a bit. But from the looks if it, it looks rather limiting. And I'm not only looking at this at a progression standpoint. This includes leveling, time between reaching certain Artifact Talents, and so on. From what I've seen, it's looking to be no less "clunky" or lacking outside of the hope/off-chance that the artifact weapon does enough to supplement the AOE and we're not forced to move too much.

I'll stay optimistic because otherwise, Ret is looking really fun, but I have my slight worries on AOE outside of Artifact perfection (and maybe even then...)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I can't remember but I think they said that by the time we finish the first tier of raids we should have everything unlocked. My guess is we'll have the first golden dragon skill/talent/whatever unlocked by the time we hit 110. Then it's all about artifact power and getting the items necessary to update our slots to 5/5.

If i remember correctly, they wanted the Crusader Strike ability+a Consecration under your feet to act like HoTR.

cant remember exactly though...

everything else mentioned in this thread is derived of the new artifact traits, and we still dont know exactly how they will pan out... But im personaly hoping for a good AoE introduced into our rotation

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    If i remember correctly, they wanted the Crusader Strike ability+a Consecration under your feet to act like HoTR.

cant remember exactly though...

everything else mentioned in this thread is derived of the new artifact traits, and we still dont know exactly how they will pan out... But im personaly hoping for a good AoE introduced into our rotation
    That's Protection whom is keeping Hammer of the Righteous but now it's a single-target ability.

Though I do find it funny that the Prot single-target attack is now HotR but their artifact weapon set is sword and board and not hammer and board.