Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperIvXx View Post
    I like big mounts and I cannot lie. You other players can't deny. When a mount rides in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get SPRUNG.
    Probably sounded funnier in your head instead of just nonsensical in print.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Flashy mounts break your immersion, but flashy and unrealistically large weapons and shoulders do not?

That's WoW not LOTRO. If you want a "down to earth" feeling, you should think about changing the game. Warcraft has always been a bit different from "classic" fantasy settings, mixing steampunk elements and OMG so many pop culture references into their world. It has a more comic book approach, so what?

I like the variety of mounts, because I can select a bunch of favorites for every character. So I can have a more flashy one for my mage (Ashes of Al'ar for a BE mage is just perfect), and a more simple for the rogue (like the ZG panther).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Suspension of disbelief is a thing. As in when that fantasy or sci-fi world sets its rules it needs to adhere to them otherwise you're taken out of the world and realize it for the fake cardboard play it is.
    Of course, but that's not the same as realism.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

What ruins mounts for me is that there are too many of them, and too many people have too many of them. There is nothing unique to anything anymore. Everything has become too much uniform.

Mounts are just weird now. Most of the ones I see I couldn't care less for. OOh now have a demon bird, or a demon pig, or an ogre-gorilla... thing. You're right OP, mounts use to be meaningful. I personally feel LK was when they started losing their interest when you could buy a red dragon from the wyrmrest accord. After doing the netherdrake quest line that was just so underwhelming.

If you seriously play this game because of mounts then i pity your useless life.

The game reached its peak at the end of ICC.

Everything has been downhill after that - there is only so much the imagination can conjure.

Blizzard development team took the players for a massive ride, rather than reward the player base with exciting content > they keep forcing the players to re-learn their class or worse yet change class because their class became shit and nobody would take them into raids or even dungeons, then their was the pathetic MOP dailies that probably cause at least 1,000,000 people to un-subscribe and another memorable one was "amazing WOD expansion" that literally required you to level at least 3 -4 ALTS to run garrison missions and make mats for your main account. #getfired4wow

Funny thing is alot of people that play WOW are waiting for some opportunity in "real life" to help them give the game up (i.e. win lottery, receive a call from the Google CEO or better yet Ghostcrawler offering them a job or go around the world for a few years) but reality is, they are going to keep login-on in the hope they get another piece of new gear then immediately link it in G chat or better yet trade.

LOL pathetic - just hope that one day an imaginary portal will appear in your bedroom that will magically transport you to a fairly land full of elves and trolls.

#Born2playWOW
    Last edited by bigdaddybounce; 2015-12-01 at 07:19 AM.

All the different mounts keep me, and lots of other people playing. Mount and pet collecting is the sole reason many people play the game.

Deleted
    I like mounts and collecting them. I have all 17 tcg and pretty much all gold buyable mounts, save only for Myth Archimonde one and couple of BMAH exclusives.

As for actually using the mounts, I think invincible is my top pick. Invincible is just overall awesome mount. It's a winged flying mount yet it's not oversized and doesn't have a goofy walking animation - so it's good in no flying situations as well. I don't think there ever was another mount that made me jump out of chair when it dropped. I solo farmed most of raid mounts including Horridon, Elegon, Cata mounts etc, even Mimiron's Head... the reaction was more like "OK, no more farming of this raid, nice". But Invincible it was like WOOOOOOOO!

This is why I use my ZG panther mount, awesome on a night elf.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

A lot of people in the guild I'm in are REALLY into mounts. Different strokes. I, personally, have a bunch of mounts but don't use any other than my Ruin Saber for getting around and my Tundra mount for repairs. Some people play for the the PvP, some for the dungeons/raids, others like questing. To each his own. I think it's one of the many things that make WoW interesting to so many people. Variety.

Wait so you mean that WoD was shit because of mounts?

Here I thought it was because I have nothing to do than sit in once place 24/7, but man, what was I thinking, OF COURSE IT WAS THE MOUNTS ALL ALONG!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Theres too much of everything nowadays in wow and that kinda ruins it. I still think blizz should open a few vanilla servers for nostalgics and people who never had the chance to play vanilla, charge a small extra fee for access to those servers and everybody wins