Thread: Orc or Troll

Deleted

Orc or Troll

I'm a mythic raider that has played healer for the last couple of expansions. In Legion I'll likely reroll warlock and now I'm just starting to get over 700ilvl on my lock and bringing it to mythic farm. Currently playing destro, while I also plan to learn affliction soon.

The lock is a goblin currently and I do realize that's not the best race in terms of performance. I've been told troll is generally the best race but they also said the dps difference is very small. Purely from aesthetic view I'd like orc more, though. How big are these differences for mythic progression raiding and what would be the best pick (also looking towards Legion).

I imagine the burst from trolls as aff is gonna be better for the rest of the xpac as fights die in less and less time.

For actual progression I'd lean on orc more. In all reality it won't matter which you play.

Can't comment on legion because we don't really know anything about what everything will look like, but neither is a bad choice between orc or troll.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Troll is slightly better, but all races are within a margin of error in dps...

So i would go with whichever race you like aesthetically.
    Demo is fine... play better.

I would vote towards orc because just about any transmog looks more badass on orcs. Performance wise I really don't think it matters, but orc remains the best overall, and troll would be better for affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does not matter, from my experience Orc Females have absolutely amazing model and most gear looks kickass on them, especially T17M.

Difference between Troll and Orc is tiny, it's certainly not going to give you any realistic difference at all.

The difference as others have stated is negligible, as such it's probably better for you to roll Orc if that's what you would enjoy more.

Though I think if you gave it a chance a Troll might grow on you aesthetically (unless you've tried in the past), if the Orc appeals more my conclusion is to recommend you go with that.

However, if you roll a male toon, though you might not really notice, the Orc model is the more polished of the two... though I can't say if that's changed in Legion.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-11-29 at 08:36 AM.

Closing this as every single spec sticky has information about races.