Deleted

Need a gaming / 3d rendering workstation PC

If possible please recommend an online retailer who provides home installations as the idea of messing up putting parts together is simply too terrifying for me to attempt.

Budget: Prefferably up to £1200. Willing to go £1500¬1600 if neccesary.

Resolution: 27' 1080p 1ms for gaming.

Games / Settings Desired: Will run smoothly any major release that is to come for adleast next 2 years.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Good for Daz3d rendering. Also strong enough energy supply to run peripherals like Wacom Cintiq 13HD, Xbox controller

Parts that can be reused: None

Do you need an OS?: Yes. Prefferably Win 7 or 8.

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Interested in buying QF Storm keyboard, Proteus Core Mouse, Logitech Z523 speaker and a recommended printer. Willing to reconsider if there are better/cheaper alternatives.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2015-11-29 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    1200£ is barelly enough for the rig itself, so you will have to go up towards your max ceiling with peripherals. I will leave out the peripherals since you know what to get/like. If you like a litle quiet mech.

For keyboard look at mx brown switches, i got he logitech g710+ its awesome.

About the printer it depends on what kind of work you do. Do you mean just a regular A4 printer? Do you print alot? If you do then a lazer color printer is what you are looking for. They are a lot cheaper nowdays from what they used to be but toners are still somewhat expensive. But as i said if you print alot a lazer printer is far better than a inject one. You will save money in the long run. I used alot og hp's lazerjet series the last 12-15years or so and had no problems.

Finally this is what i would look at for the pc itself. Daz3d seems to like a lot of ram and many cpu cores. Gpu doesn't matter as much but since you will game on this as well you need something decent. Have alook at the following and tell me what you think. As for placing all the things together really its plain simple. The last rig i put together i did it with my son who is 7. However if you're still not convinced, you could go to your local pc store and throw them 50-100pounds they will do it for you with the parts you already have.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor (£306.90 @ More Computers)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£48.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard (£193.26 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£148.15 @ More Computers)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£58.59 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£76.91 @ More Computers)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card (£247.14 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (£50.54 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£67.98 @ CCL Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£72.30 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £1270.76
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-29 14:43 GMT+0000

Deleted
    Thanks a ton for your reply although I do have some questions:

1) The printer thing was mostly for printing regular A4 documents I may need everynow and then at City Council, Work etc. But now that you mention I might want to plan printing my own renders/works if it proves cheaper than ordering. In such case which printer would you recommend? Sorry for not being specific enough about it.

2) Is Radeon better than GeForce in this configuration? Or is it just your preference or budget alternative? Just curious as I always hear GeForce card being praised as the best.

3) Is that power supply enough to have everything go by or does it leave some spare power for extra peripherals? Im kind of keen on this since I used to have a bad experiences in the past which left my brother's xbox controller fried.

4) Is Win 10 neccesary? I'm not to keen on jumping on a brand new OS that may still need some ironing out on top of it having bad reputation of being an orwelian proxy.

5) Which monitor would you recommend? Currently I have my eyes set on ASUS VG248QE 24' LED as it seems to deliver 144Hz, 1ms, 1080p all while being the best price value monitor for its specifications.

6) Is there anything you'd be willing to go further with when it comes to your configuration? I'm a bachelor who has no problems saving £400+/month so waiting few more months to get a much better PC is something I can go along with.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. No. They both have it's good and bad and currently AMD's selection at that price point is the better one of em. Drivers that people praise about Nvidia is pretty much just as flawed as AMD's. It's essentially all marketing at this point. Some people have tested Nvidia's older drivers to game ready drivers and seen no increase in performance increase or bug fixes.

3. It's enough. You'll have plenty overhead for anything you need. The only thing that you need to worry about is to not break the capacitors inside the cables.

4. Not really? Win 10 does have some new feature supports that 7/8/8.1 doesn't have.

5. Don't ever look at the spec as the sole deciding point. VG248QE is an amazingly mediocre monitor that's only good point is it's price, sort of hence why VG means Value Gamer. Personally for 1920x1080 I'd go with Eizo EV2450 (cause for some reason in everywhere but NA has it cheaper) for a 1920x1080 monitor. For 2560x1440 I'd go with BenQ GW2765HT or Dell U2515H.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-11-30 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    Remilia answered most of your questions, the psu has like 100w overhead of what the rig will have at full load. As for the printer as i mentioned it depends how much you wanna spend and how much printing you want to do. Printers can be very expensive. Atm most of my documents go into an older model of a lazerjet M553N and i have used LaserJet Pro 400 M451nw which was also rock solid.

For your 6) if i would add anything to make the rig better. You could make the ssd into a 500gb version if you need it and then if you would get a 1440p monitor you could get the R9 390x to boost graphics. The rendering won't be affected by the swap in gpu so will be just for gaming.

Deleted
    Thank you for all the tips. I think I will go with something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor (£306.90 @ More Computers)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£48.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard (£193.24 @ More Computers)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£148.15 @ More Computers)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£114.98 @ Aria PC)
    Storage: Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£76.91 @ More Computers)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card (£299.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (£50.54 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£67.98 @ CCL Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (£72.30 @ CCL Computers)
    Monitor: BenQ GW2765HT 60Hz 27.0" Monitor (£285.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Keyboard: Logitech G710 Plus Wired Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse (£39.54 @ Aria PC)
    Speakers: Logitech Z523 40W 2.1ch Speakers (£55.19 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £1759.71
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 11:59 GMT+0000

+ Printer: CE956AHP M451nw Laserjet Pro 400 Color Printer (£195.22 @ Amazon UK)

Seems quite costly but I guess you have to go the distance in order to get solid quality that will last you 5+ years.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2015-11-30 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    All seems good, i'd reckon pull the trigger

Deleted
    Currently sitting on £1k of savings so I'm gonna have to wait till adleast Febuary before I'll make the purchase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Currently sitting on £1k of savings so I'm gonna have to wait till adleast Febuary before I'll make the purchase.
    Keep this list till then. But come back and ask if anything has changed

Broadwell-E might be out then.