Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Played my ele shaman with the class trinket + legendary ring + ashran buffs and it was pretty fun, shame ashran itself isn't. 90second+ flame shocks with the flame shock glyph and steady lava surge procs was the most fun I've had as ele in a while. Mind you the class trinket as enhancement in ashran gets you the old windfury damage back
    Last edited by effs; 2015-12-01 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find Elemental fun but I've shelved mine after getting the legendary ring. Slow cast times and no mobility finally got me to cave, although I'm looking forward to trying the legion changes.

If you are just playing the class for fun you'll be alright (LFR, Normals, random BGs) but if you want to do more serious stuff on it (Serious Raiding or Arena) then you'll have an easier time on another class unfortunately. At least give it a try and see if you enjoy it rather then taking everyone's word for it though.

For raiding Ele isn't the best choice by any means. I love it because I have been playing it since BC, but I have shelved Ele to be a Resto Shaman for the remainder of the expac because it's just more useful. Ele Shaman don't bring enough damage when compared to pure dps classes. If you really want to level and keep playing a Shaman through raids at 100, level as Ele (which was a lot of fun in my opinion), and then learn to play Resto and heal until Legion comes out. Hopefully we get some good changes, but I am not holding my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele suck, even worse than enha.

If youre looking for fun factor and flashy spell effects, ele shaman are one of the best casters, imo.
    Not as slow as Arcane, not explosive as Destro, but simply fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. they look better in Legion (LOOK BETTER NOT WILL BE).

But right now, no.. if you want to play something like an ele shaman but not as weak -- I'd say Destruction Warlock is a good choice. But Elemental right now, heck no.

I saw an Ele in arena last night; I was so excited and confused I tabbed out to Facebook to send a screenshot to a friend and died. So, yeah I mean, technically you're still viable! Not quite the normal way though.