7+ Year Old Account

Question [Cinema] Star Wars - is Jar Jar Binks a Sith?

I know what you're thinking, "Lolwut?", I thought so too when I read the title but after looking at the upvotes it had received, I decided to go ahead and I experienced the greatest mind-blow in a long, long time.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...ed_force_user/
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Jar-jar is the Phantom Menace, not Palpatine.

Watch the video. You can't stop once you start.

Also I have read the spoilers for the new Star Wars already, and Jar Jar isn't in it, what a shame.

The only way to start off the new trilogy on a good note is with him.
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2015-12-02 at 06:45 AM.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Very well put together theory lol. I was actually thinking something similar whilst watching The Clone Wars TV series when he seems to very deliberately sabotage Amidala's bio-hazard suit. In fact whenever he's on screen during The Clone Wars you get a palpable sense of dread because you know he's faaaaaar more dangerous to the heroes than the Droids ever will be, he is always the biggest threat in the room.

Not only does Sith Lord Jar Jar make perfect sense, it pretty much redeems the character and the prequels with it!

I'm definitely a fan of the Sith Lord Jar Jar theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Fucking reddit and those autists shitposting there...

I'm convinced this was the original direction they were going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    I know what you're thinking, "Lolwut?", I thought so too when I read the title but after looking at the upvotes it had received, I decided to go ahead and I experienced the greatest mind-blow in a long, long time.

The argument for it works, i head cannoned it as soon as I heard the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with this is that they recognize how hated Jar Jar as a character is, even if it was the original intention to pass him off as a doofus (like Yoda did originally) and then have him be badass at the end.

I severely doubt they'll do anything with Jar Jar in the future. Even if it was the original intended idea by Lucas to have him be a Sith Lord. After seeing such MASSIVE public outcry on Jar Jar, Disney would have completely shut that idea down and thrown it in the trash.

Jar Jar will be completely non-existent in TFA aside from maybe catching a glimpse of his bones in the desert like JJ might have hinted to.

I think it's MUCH more likely the new Sith in TFA to be Luke himself.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-12-02 at 11:00 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, if it's true, then it's an abandoned idea . . . like Half Life 3.
    Putin khuliyo

I was being very sarcastic. I just found that video I linked to be really funny when they slowed down Jar Jar's "force jump".

Sure, if it was true it would redeem a little bit of the TPM, but its still a bad movie.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    My sister told me about this theroy at thanksgiving dinner. I want to believe in it, I really do.

I feel that it's not totally impossible for it to have been the initial idea, to have the "goofy, everyone likes" turn out to be a major player in the Dark Side.

However.. it didn't exactly became a "goofy, every likes" character, instead Jar-Jar was hated by most. Which, in turn, makes me think whatever idea they had around this character, was then discarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post

No, he's not. He is however, the worst character put to film.

Deleted
    It would be hilarious if true.

I hope George has the truth stashed in his will that will be read out if nobody guesses the truth.

It's certainly plausible.

The only thing that makes it hard for this to work is the supposed rule of 2. Darth Sidious (Senator/Emperor Palpitine) supposedly killed his master Darth Plagueis, a possible secret identity of jar jar, after taking on Darth Maul as a pupil. However Darth Plagueis was so deep into the dark side he was able to control life and death, and may have been able to survive or thwart Sidious. Then again, the rule of 2 was broken by Dooku, since he was still a pupil of Sidious/Palpitine while taking on pupils of his own.

There's also Ahmed Best's twitter : https://twitter.com/ahmedbest which could be an amazing troll.

There's no chance he has anything to do with the new movie, except perhaps in a passing fanboy reference.

I will say those scenes where jar jar is being all ventriloquist-y are creepy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a episode where people think jar jar is a jedi.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    It's certainly plausible.

The only thing that makes it hard for this to work is the supposed rule of 2. Darth Sidious (Senator/Emperor Palpitine) supposedly killed his master Darth Plagueis, a possible secret identity of jar jar, after taking on Darth Maul as a pupil
    In the "Plagueis" novel I believe it said he was killed during the third movie.

Deleted
    Darth Jar Jar is such a boring name.

Darth Darth Binks is so much better.

The reason why they removed Jar Jar Bink's death scene from the Final Cut because they already planned to have him return as a sith for the future sequel