Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[SPOILER] Alonsus Faol

New NPC added to Legion beta called Alonsus Faol <Bishop of Secrets> with a twist.

His new model is a forsaken model but marked as humanoid and not undead .

EDIT: He is involved with priest artifact weapon quests and class hall
    Last edited by Pantelija; 2015-12-04 at 03:17 AM. Reason: added more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

All forsaken characters are marked as humanoid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I was like: OOO SHIT!! thats cool!
    then you came in: oo right.. I knew that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ah, the joys of being a Paladin in Alpha back when Forsaken were Undead.... I can only assume.

OP: It's an interesting character to bring back for Legion. Wasn't he (one of) the first Paladin? In theory, if he was resurrected by the Scourge, it could open the way for Forsaken Paladins (not a combo I'm overtly fond of, but lorewise the option is there). Or if he was just a Priest and not a full-blown Paladin (because aren't Paladins not able to be resurrected anyway?) we could have an interesting and important figure in the Forsaken's religious community. In a sense, the 'Priest' character for Forsaken. Heck, could expand the whole "Do they worship Shadow at all, and how into the Light are they?" question that's been kinda vague since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Ah, the joys of being a Paladin in Alpha back when Forsaken were Undead.... I can only assume.

OP: It's an interesting character to bring back for Legion. Wasn't he (one of) the first Paladin? In theory, if he was resurrected by the Scourge, it could open the way for Forsaken Paladins (not a combo I'm overtly fond of, but lorewise the option is there). Or if he was just a Priest and not a full-blown Paladin (because aren't Paladins not able to be resurrected anyway?) we could have an interesting and important figure in the Forsaken's religious community. In a sense, the 'Priest' character for Forsaken. Heck, could expand the whole "Do they worship Shadow at all, and how into the Light are they?" question that's been kinda vague since Vanilla.
    He was the creator of the Paladins, but not a Paladin himself.

Right now there's a stunning lack of Priests on the Horde and Shadow Priests in general, so they'll probably be working on that so that those Class Halls and quest chains can be filled with appropriate NPCs.

Oh PLEASE NO.

Let Faol rest in peace, and not be turned into an abomination.

This is why undead should have never been playable. They always end up "stealing" characters and putting them against their former friends and comrades, and that's disgusting. I hate that one-sided ex-other faction the Horde has become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Oh PLEASE NO.

Let Faol rest in peace, and not be turned into an abomination.

This is why undead should have never been playable. They always end up "stealing" characters and putting them against their former friends and comrades, and that's disgusting. I hate that one-sided ex-other faction the Horde has become.
    Just because all Forsaken are part of the Horde doesn't make them enemies of the Alliance. I bet most want peace.

Alonsus Phaol was a Priest that created the Paladin Order and did a lot during the First and Second Wars. If I remember he didn't died from the Scourge but during the First two wars. Ressurecting him via necromancy against his will and turning him into Forsaken? I don't know. I think this is too much in my opinion. He as important as Uther the Lightbringer. Sylvannas must seriously learn that enough is enough and that as Garrosh said eventually all will meet their judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Alonsus Phaol was a Priest that created the Paladin Order and did a lot during the First and Second Wars. If I remember he didn't died from the Scourge but during the First two wars. Ressurecting him via necromancy against his will and turning him into Forsaken? I don't know. I think this is too much in my opinion. He as important as Uther the Lightbringer. Sylvannas must seriously learn that enough is enough and that as Garrosh said eventually all will meet their judgement.
    He could have been part of the original Scourge that Sylvanas freed. Earning a title like Bishop of Secrets implies huge trust, both on Sylvanas' part and Faol's. This guy isn't a mindless slave, he serves the Forsaken willingly. Most likely a pre-Valkyr Forsaken duty-bound to and thankful for Sylvanas.

I hope you are right cause if it's what I think it is then Sylvannas has crossed every limit now and must be put in her place once and for all.

Imagine if Thrall died for example only to be ressurected by Sylvannas as a Forsaken Orc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you are right cause if it's what I think it is then Sylvannas has crossed every limit now and must be put in her place once and for all.

Imagine if Thrall died for example only to be ressurected by Sylvannas as a Forsaken Orc?
    Chances are he would ask to be put back down.

Deleted
    Interesting. I wonder if he is a shadow priest (with the new take on shadow in legion). After all his disciple became the Father of Twilight (Jarl / Benedictus).

Would Faol be in service of the twilight as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if he is a shadow priest (with the new take on shadow in legion). After all his disciple became the Father of Twilight (Jarl / Benedictus).

Would Faol be in service of the twilight as well?
    In service of Sylvanas, naturally. Shadow Priests tap into the same power as the Old Gods, but they don't have to serve the Gods themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

And who would lead the Forsaken then? How would they bolster their forces? They can't exactly reproduce. Also, when resurrected they have a choice to join Sylvanas or go off and do their own thing.

So this is what Blizzard meant by giving the horde priests?

If I recall at Blizzcon they said the alliance has priests so they'll be giving the horde some.

Free will is a lie by the time she ressurects dead bodies forcibly putting the souls back without asking. Free will is as of Cataclysm a thing of the past.

She has the right to bolster her Forces all she wants but those necromantic ressurections have a limit which she now crossed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free will is a lie by the time she ressurects dead bodies forcibly putting the souls back without asking. Free will is as of Cataclysm a thing of the past.

She has the right to bolster her Forces all she wants but those necromantic ressurections have a limit which she now crossed.
    What exactly has she done? Again, Faol is the BISHOP OF SECRETS. The guy is pretty high-ranking. You don't mind-control someone and put them in charge. He earned that trust, somehow, meaning for whatever reason he serves Sylvanas loyally of his own free will.

What she has done is that she ressurected Alonsus Faol an important Alliance figure from his resting place without her having the right to do so with necromancy to do her deeds whatever those might be. I mean what's next after that? Let's ressurect Uther also or ressurect all those dead people under Light's Hope, or better yet Anasterian Sunstrider. It's bad that she uses necromancy to ressurect the dead against their will but when she starts ressurecting Alliance heroes of the First and second Wars is too much. As a Player of the Alliance I find that disgusting cause enough is enough.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2015-12-01 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    So this is what Blizzard meant by giving the horde priests?

If I recall at Blizzcon they said the alliance has priests so they'll be giving the horde some.
    Yeah just take then from the Alliance. I mean Anduin is a Horde priest so not like hey had none.

Necromancy is a storytelling tool of great potential, and equally great danger.

Personally, I find they are using it fairly reasonably so far. I mean sure, some dead guys came back, but compared to what they COULD have done considering an entire race is made up of raised dead... Logically, if you were Sylvanas, tell me you WOULDN'T go straight to raising the most powerful people you know. That just makes sense.

All that being said, I also would like to see some NEW characters instead of returning old ones. It seems we've had a lot of reuse and rehash these past few years and really, that is starting to get on my nerves. I want to see some DEVELOPMENT, not the return of every single character from wars past.