Talking PvP gear in PvE?

Hello!
    Before in the days of Wotlk you would always be complained about and "hated" on if you chose to do PvE content while being PvP geared. As i have been raiding with my PvE geared toon i have seen people fully pvp geared doing the normal HFC or even heroic, just because their ilvl is high enough. I of course have adressed this but when i tell them, they say its no problem or that its not much difference. Now that i am playing my warrior which i mainly do PvP on i wonder if this is acceptable? Can i as a PvP geared warrior do PvE content relevant for my ilvl to get PvE gear ?
    Thanks in advance

It used to be a problem because 'resilience' was part of the item budget (which it is no longer now that pvp items get upscaled in pvp). At the moment a ilvl 700 pvp item is as good as a 700 pve item (with the added benefit that you can choose your BiS stats on most pvp items). Ofcourse you should try to get the PvE set bonuses and trinkets.

Deleted
    As long as the stats are ok you are set. Just remember - many people like Versatility in PvP. Not so much in PvE.

But yes, you CAN do PvE with 700+ Items no problem. Just don't use the Insignia. That one stinks.

With WoD (or was it MoP? not sure) pvp specific stats got removed. These stats replaced "normal" stats on the gear, so that's why they were worse than pve gear in pve. But now the stats are the same and as long as the ilvl of your pvp items is high enough, everything is ok ;D

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea in everything except mythic raiding.

Thanks for response, was a problem that bugged me a lot.

Deleted
    It's still a problem. There is tier and ring. In certain cases those two can give around 30-40% higher dps.

It's less of a problem on content that has most without ring or set. Like normal HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wugii View Post
    Hello!
    Before in the days of Wotlk you would always be complained about and "hated" on if you chose to do PvE content while being PvP geared. As i have been raiding with my PvE geared toon i have seen people fully pvp geared doing the normal HFC or even heroic, just because their ilvl is high enough. I of course have adressed this but when i tell them, they say its no problem or that its not much difference. Now that i am playing my warrior which i mainly do PvP on i wonder if this is acceptable? Can i as a PvP geared warrior do PvE content relevant for my ilvl to get PvE gear ?
    Thanks in advance
    In the old days the ilvl budget was taken up by reslience, now it is not. So ilvl700 PVP gear is the same as Ilvl700 PVE gear, of course differences will come with set bonuses and trinkets, but that's it. If you're doing HFC normal with full 700 gear you're already overgeared for the whole thing, even without PVE set bonuses.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4