A Good Buy? (New Monitor)

Well I decided it's time to move to 144Hz as my current monitor seems to be the bottleneck in terms of potential FPS I can get in games (I get bad tearing on anything above 60 frames).

Been keeping an eye on the Asus VG248QE for a while and it seems to have gotten great reviews from users and tech sites.

I just bought it for the $209 and was wondering if I should stick with the order or go with a BenQ XL2420TE, which seems to be the closest comparison I could find.

I got one of those for my friend's build last year and its been working well for him. VERY solid mount for it, surprisingly. At that price it probably can't be beat. Your only consideration beyond that would be picking up an IPS panel that can be overclocked. Anything over 100hz is pleasant to the eye, so even if you can only reach an OC of like 110hz like another friend of mine did, it still looks great. (I have an Acer GD235hz 120hz myself)

Stop messing with all that shit. Go 21:9, don't look back.

The QNIX QX2710 is a very popular IPS panel that overclocks to 120hz easily. Just make sure to get the "Perfect Pixel" version so they're vetted for dead pixels. About $60 more than the one you picked out, but also has the pro of being 27" and 1440p as well.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA6PB2MT2240

21:9 is Yuno Wide-face approved, but not very practical for a lot of games

Might have helped to mention, my monitors are only so far from me so 27" actually hits the point of being too large (imagine being in the front row of the theaters). Both of my existing monitors are 24" and due to lack of desk space, one is getting ditched for the new 144Hz.

21:9? Would end up taking out both existing monitors, not sure if I want to sacrifice the multi-tasking ability for that.

That is definitely nice, but ouch the wallet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    That is definitely nice, but ouch the wallet
    Quality comes at a price, the overall experience should be way better than those grey black TN/IPSs with 1000:1 contrast ratio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the FG2421 myself, while great, the price premium is really for the build quality, a very unique panel and feature set.
    It's way more solid(right word?) than the U2414H, PB238Q, and GW2765HT so take that as what you will.

While I thought the ambient light sensor would be useful to have, found myself relying on it for a nice lighting condition. Granted it's dark enough to the point where it bottomed out the brightness level, >.>
    While my card can't use 10bit color per channel, the 8bit + FRC (10bit support) does really help with gradients which is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Well I decided it's time to move to 144Hz as my current monitor seems to be the bottleneck in terms of potential FPS I can get in games (I get bad tearing on anything above 60 frames).

Been keeping an eye on the Asus VG248QE for a while and it seems to have gotten great reviews from users and tech sites.

I just bought it for the $209 and was wondering if I should stick with the order or go with a BenQ XL2420TE, which seems to be the closest comparison I could find.
    Yes I saw that $209 deal for the Asus monitor. It's a good deal if you want the 144Hz response time. Really popular among pro fps players.

Using that monitor you mentioned OP, go for it - it's a great monitor for its asking price.

I got the Asus VG248QE too after upgrading my cpu and gpu. Everything looks better, even WoW. Would 100% recommend this monitor to anyone, especially now that it's $50 cheaper than when I first bought it.

Thanks all. Waiting for it to be delivered today and later recallibrate the colors (I hear the defaults looks terrible). Going to research on nVidia lightboost and see if I can take advantage of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly, the only thing plus point about it is the price. Default set up is bad and uniformity is bad. Stand is okay I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Quite honestly, the only thing plus point about it is the price. Default set up is bad and uniformity is bad. Stand is okay I guess.
    Well its main selling point is the 144hz which would be important for competitive fps players. Honestly I wouldn't get one since I don't play them often and would rather get a nice dell IPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yea default was god awful, just like every review mentioned. I fiddled with some ICC profiles and found the one that gave the best color and black contrast. My previous AOC IPS monitor still beats it in terms of picture quality, especially the blacks.

But damn, everything is just improved with 144hz. Typing in MS word just looks better as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    Well its main selling point is the 144hz which would be important for competitive fps players. Honestly I wouldn't get one since I don't play them often and would rather get a nice dell IPS.
    I play some CS:GO here and there, looks great. Every game just looks amazing tbh since my setup was able to go above the 60 frames that my previous monitor was limited to.