Poll: With which spec will you start off?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's between frost and fire for me. Obviously, it's still early but what I'm seeing with those two have me the most interested. Most likely fire though.

Honestly shocked at the spread, even more shocked that Frost isn't first and of all things, Fire is actually ahead!

I'm going Frost though because it's my main.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Frost or Fire. But leaning a bit towards fire. But I guess it may change depending on the spec balance during beta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Honestly shocked at the spread, even more shocked that Frost isn't first and of all things, Fire is actually ahead!

I'm going Frost though because it's my main.
    Probably due to the Phoenix Bolt from Felo'Melorn. People love phoenixes.
    I'm curious how that'll work btw. Sounded a lot like fiery icicles.

Fire, if it proves competitive/close to top.

Can't resist that FeloMELON
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2015-12-01 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know.

Before the artifact talents came out the answer was easy, I was going to be Frost.

But I find myself being drawn back to my true love in the Mage class, which is Fire...I've always loved Fire's mobility compared to the other specs.

I struggle to determine the true path for myself at this time. Like all of us, I need more information.

Deleted
    I don't know yet and you shouldn't either. Legion isn't done yet. If it's similar to now (and you mean leveling 100 to 110), frost of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Hrm wait. I heard the artifact may start too early. It may have to be whatever is optimal in raiding most likely, if there is one.

Deleted
    I had had enough of frost this expansion and after looking at that Felomelon... It is decided - arcane as main and fire as offspec and mainly arcane

Deleted
    Would have to wait for them to balance out the Artifacts before i can decide.

I'd like to level as frost but I am concerned that not picking your main spec artifact to start with at level 100 will put you behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been a Fire mage although Arcane has dominated most of my spec choices...now I have more of a reason to play a fire mage over an Arcane one.

It's funny that you add an arrogant poll option, OP, but don't put [MAGE] in the title, for those who don't constantly sit and refresh a specific sub-forum.

I Think Fire is winning because lots of people love the spec, but have spent this entire expansion basically forced playing the other two. So there's just hope that MAYBE this time it will be viable.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going Frost/Arcane. I plan on power leveling to 110 within 2 days of release, so I'll have plenty of time at 110 to work on getting my secondary spec (Arcane) in line with my main. I'll eventually jump into the fire spec, but it won't be my main or secondary unless it's more powerful at release than the other two
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It's funny that you add an arrogant poll option, OP, but don't put [MAGE] in the title, for those who don't constantly sit and refresh a specific sub-forum.
    I don't think it's THAT funny... Anyway, I am sorry you accidently stumbled into the mage forum just to be offended by the poll options.
    I was maybe a bit too eager, too. It's true that the specs aren't fully formed yet, the time to make decision might not quite have come.

Deleted
    Since it's confirmed the artifact progression starts extremely early during levelling the right answer is definitely "don't know yet". We have to first see what spec might be nerfed or otherwise overbuffed. Those things of course change minor patch to minor patch later on but we may be getting a clearer picture towards Summer 2016.

Deleted
    Voted Frost. Want Frost. But i will take what my guild/raid helps the most. And depending on this whole "how to level your second artifact"-thing is going on.

Most probably fire this expansion, the next expansion would depend if they will bake in the phoenix spells into the spec.

I hope for Fire to be at least worth playing again, in raid and dungeon content as well as out in the world. From what I read artifact traits and especially talents seem to go the right direction so far, allowing more for optimization of core mechanics instead of loading ever more unrelated stuff on top. Honestly I can't wait not having to play Frost or Arcane anymore in order to stay, uhm what was the word, "viable".
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I've been frost now for 2 entire expansions (MoP and WoD). This will not be changing for Legion. I can't wait to go after Ebonchill and freeze demons in their tracks! The last time I played a different spec was Dragon Soul when I went Fire, and I was Arcane before that.