Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    bad is relative. If you find someone else who shares your belief, and is determined to work through problems that may come up after the marriage, then that is fine. Forcing someone to change when they dont want to change is just as unhealthy.

I think the idea of no sex until marriage is a silly idea but if people want to do it fine but I don't think it's a good idea but I'm not one to get into sex so quickly either.

Much as the idea interests me I'm slow.. >_<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think the idea of no sex until marriage is a silly idea but if people want to do it fine but I don't think it's a good idea but I'm not one to get into sex so quickly either.

Much as the idea interests me I'm slow.. >_<
    yeah the no sex until marriage thing is absolutely not for me (although I could do it, thanks stress!). I'm just not gonna demonize others for preferences. My only issue is when people preech that its better than my preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    bad is relative. If you find someone else who shares your belief, and is determined to work through problems that may come up after the marriage, then that is fine. Forcing someone to change when they dont want to change is just as unhealthy.
    It's all relative. That was my perspective.

I don't think people should be forced to change, especially beliefs they've come to on their own. Misguided or not. But I challenge the social preconceptions that still encourage these beliefs in some small sections of the community.

Also I doubt most of these people came to their beliefs on their own - more likely they're inculcated into them at a young age by people around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Culpo has actually managed to get people to quit their abstinence vows in the past, convincing Nick Jonas to take off his ridiculous purity ring when the pair were dating, with Nick declaring that waiting until marriage ‘is not something I’m doing anymore’.
    Tebow would have just been another notch on her bedpost after she was done with him. Good for him.

How can one man possess all that willpower?

Holy shit.

Was there physical affection of any sort?

If so: Good for him to stick to his beliefs

If no: Gay for sure (Not that this is a bad thing but don't pretend to be straight)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Another closet gay in sport.

Not that it's bad to be gay, at all. But he should accept it and come out.
    He's gay because he has principles and sticks to them? You're a smart guy.

Good for him, although I certainly don't share his beliefs. t doesn't say a lot for her class or intelligence that she knew his beliefs ahead of time, went into the relationship hoping to change them, then dumped him when he wouldn't fuck her.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    agreed.

strength of committment a guy like that would have in marriage would be phenomenal, and that he'd wait till he was sure of her and would commit to her.. Lol, anyone else feel that she's the big loser there?
    Depends entirely on the reason for his beliefs. If it's purely because of his religion, not really... blindly adhering to rules set out by a religion isn't exactly impressive, nor is it anything that makes me think he's particularly good or moral.

His ability to commit is impressive, but what happens if he commits to not tolerating a child who doesn't share his faith, or is gay, or just doesn't agree with his views on sex before marriage? An unwillingness to deviate can just as readily become harmful, regardless of original intent, and many people who are able to tolerate such deviations in strangers are unwilling to do so when it comes to family members.

There's nothing wrong with his decision, I just don't think it's particularly impressive, or that it means she lost out in any way. They clearly weren't a good match, so better to find out sooner.

Good for her. If you aren't compatible no reason to keep the relationship going.
    X

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Gotta admire his dedication. That's willpower right there.
    Either that or he's in the closet in a highly religious family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Was there physical affection of any sort?

If so: Good for him to stick to his beliefs

If no: Gay for sure (Not that this is a bad thing but don't pretend to be straight)
    Being gay in an extremely religious family means you either pretend to be straight or you start preparing yourself for never talking to your family again. After they disown you that is.

That's what the gay communities down here in the south are. A lot of them are poor because they came out early in life and their family kicked them out at 17 with zero support. A lot of them live on the streets before finding even a halfway decent job that affords them basic necessities. Some of them get lucky and find older boyfriends who have already established themselves and can support them financially.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    He's gay because he has principles and sticks to them? You're a smart guy.

Good for him, although I certainly don't share his beliefs. t doesn't say a lot for her class or intelligence that she knew his beliefs ahead of time, went into the relationship hoping to change them, then dumped him when he wouldn't fuck her.
    You do need to consider we are on mmo-C, where a majority of people utterly loathe religion and think it is the cause for 100% of the worlds problems, and would gleefully discriminate against religious folks if it was legal.

For me, waiting until marriage isn't exactly what I have planned. So kudos to the guy for his willpower.

Although if you consider it, it is really easy to NOT have sex. Last I checked we are humans and not beasts who just go around humping anything that moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The idea of celibacy until marriage is utterly insane and deeply unhealthy.

I don't see how that's good for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Not so helpful when you're boldly, adamantly making a bad decision.
    Not sure how a decision to wait until marriage is "deeply unhealthy"

If anything these days, it's a decent choice if you want to avoid the tons of STD's out there.

Add that it's a choice that hurts no one thus how is it a "bad decision?"

If anything, the whole way this thing has blown up, shows that he made the right decision. Shown a woman who was seemingly only interested in a busting virgin cherry, and since she didn't get too, she informs national media of it. Like someone else said, if he caved, he probably would have been a future "leaked" sex tape.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2015-12-01 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can certainly respect his dedication to that belief.

But holy hell. I wouldn't be able to.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I believe Tebone likes the penis, but his religious beliefs have him thinking he'd be shunned by his peers, so he has to fake it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I believe Tebone likes the penis, but his religious beliefs have him thinking he'd be shunned by his peers, so he has to fake it.
    What makes you say that? The first part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or he just doesn't want sex that quick. Very ignorant of you to say.
    Not sure what's ignorant about it. If it's someone who is choosing not to have sex "that quick" (2 months is "that quick," really?) because of some moral objection or because of some sense of silly rules, or because of some other sexual hangup, they're clearly not a good match for me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not sure what's ignorant about it. If it's someone who is choosing not to have sex "that quick" (2 months is "that quick," really?) because of some moral objection or because of some sense of silly rules, or because of some other sexual hangup, they're clearly not a good match for me.
    Eh every person has their own morals and values. She knew what type of person he was, why is this a problem? It wasn't like he was hiding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Eh every person has their own morals and values. She knew what type of person he was, why is this a problem? It wasn't like he was hiding it.
    It's not a problem. Never said it was. Just that I don't share those values.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Wanting sex in a relationship is not the semantic equivalent of only wanting sex.

It is when you make it sound like it's the most important thing in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's not a problem. Never said it was. Just that I don't share those values.
    Yet some posters have no problem judging people who hold different moral values that them because?
    How does it affect their lives?
    What kind of negative impact could a man's chastity have on their fucking world view, because I honestly want to know.
    All I've read over the last 7 pages is how contorted and simplistic their views are on relationships and physical intimacy.
    Last edited by mmoc438dc94cad; 2015-12-01 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    That's a load of horse crap and a very one dimensional view on relationships. She knew exactly what she was getting into, but wanted to try anyway because she got away with stealing people's virginity before.
    If all she was interested in was sex going into the relationship then I'm glad she ended it.
    You can't claim to love someone and be in a relationship while not respecting who they are and their beliefs. That's not the basis of a healthy relationship.

Not everything has to revolve around sex, and frankly, if that is the only aspect people are interested in then why bother with relationships at all?
    If sex is that important to her then she should just do one night stands/friendship with benefits.

Because feminists are outraged that he has standards and won't sacrifice his beliefs/who he is to please his female overlord?

I mean, what kind of a fucking world do we live in where men don't hump everything with a pulse on demand? How can we continue to call them oppressive pigs?
    He is seriously setting back the feminist movement, and must be punished accordingly.
    Exactly. This also goes to show how men are always damned if they do and damned if they don't. They push for sex then they're sexist perverted pigs. They reject sex then they are dumped because the man has standards and is still probably called sexist because of some retarded feminist reason or called gay because if he doesn't want sex he must be gay.

This is why I hate trying to get into a relationship. I feel like men are always the ones to go 80% and women do 20%. We're always the ones that have to make a move and we're the only ones that can come off as being creepy or a stalker. When a woman does it it's cute and flattering. Just like here. It's the man's fault for not wanting sex, good on her to dump his ass. Men are supposed to accept sex whenever the woman wants it. Now reverse it and it becomes classified as rape or some shit because the guy wanted sex and the woman didn't. So in this case the guy is a piece of shit for dumping her because all he wanted was sex. What a perverted pig right?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe