10+ Year Old Account

Bottlenecking question

Hey guys. I haven't built a new rig in four years so I figure now it's worth diving in. Basically I'm about to buy this 980 GPU, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...814121905&FM=1 and I'm planning to get an i5 4690k CPU to go with it. But I've read a lot about bottlenecking and I just wanted to be sure that there wouldn't be any issues with these two. I'm 99% sure there wouldn't be but before making such a big purchase I wanted to get a second opinion. Sorry if it's an obvious question, lol.

Thanks!

Deleted
    First off. No there won't be any bottlenecking.

Second and more important. Don't get a 980! Certainly not for that money!
    You are better of with a 390x or Fury, performance/money wise. But if you want to spend that much money you are better off getting a 980ti.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    First off. No there won't be any bottlenecking.

Second and more important. Don't get a 980! Certainly not for that money!
    You are better of with a 390x or Fury, performance/money wise. But if you want to spend that much money you are better off getting a 980ti.
    Thanks! So I'm safe getting the i5 4690k. And hrm really? This 980 is on sale for $430 which is why I'm considering it in the first place. Isn't the 980 ti around $650? That's a large ass jump but i could make the change I suppose. And the 390x or fury I haven't considered. I'll take a look at them! Ugh now I'm not sure what to do lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Thanks! So I'm safe getting the i5 4690k. And hrm really? This 980 is on sale for $430 which is why I'm considering it in the first place. Isn't the 980 ti around $650? That's a large ass jump but i could make the change I suppose. And the 390x or fury I haven't considered. I'll take a look at them! Ugh now I'm not sure what to do lol
    At ~$600 the 980ti offers Titan X performance for 60% of the price. AMD rules in the ~$450 price range, though, because the Fury is only a small step below the 980ti and will actually out-perform it at 4k and higher due to its use of HBM.