Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post

Questions and things we need help on:

1) Our bear tank Leaves exploded quite a lot with shadowfel, but tanks say their taunts were pretty on point besides first few pulls. He is tanking void. What would cause these explosions? He took no damage from green fire. I could use a pro log reader to help out here
    A fucked up tank swap. It's can be a pita. They'll get better at it the more they do it. It happens. Statistically, it's going to happen.

2) Just to confirm, all 3 main targets (boss, mini boss, mini boss) ALL share a health pool, so hitting any of them reflects on all the rest of them, correct? But minibosses should be priority target due to higher chance to crit on them due to their level or some such....
    Yes they share health. If you had a player who could do a bajillion DPS and one shot Akkelion, it would (since overkill is discounted), take Xhul down to 60-65% (I forget the number). DPS should be done to all three (with kill order being Akkelion, Omnus, Xhul). The rationale for focusing the adds though is (1) they are level 102 rather than boss level and (2) they will pass specific ability specific percentage thresholds that allow your raiders to do more damage (i.e. a destro warlock can havoc xhul +shadowburn akkellion)
    3) How as a raid leader can I see who is feltouched and void touched? I use elvui. Is there a better way to track this? I want to know when someone is void touched especially so I can tell them to go clear green fire patches (because if they get the unavoidable chains while void touched, they will cause shadowfel explosion, correct?)
    You don't need to. This tells you nothing. Aside from bait team, they should be stacked EXCEPT when running out with fel surge anyway.
    4) We keep having our blackholes appear behind our range instead of on our bait group, and then the solo soaker has feltouched and ends up shadowfelling the entire raid when he runs in. How do you handle this / what can we do to clean this up? Obviously we could all move 20 yards away but with the strength of the pull that seems difficult. Do we need to just time up roars?
    You need to move your range in more, so they are closer to the boss than the bait team. However, especially due to the patch, it is entirely probable that Omnus will spawn at a different, earlier point in Akkellion's ability cycle, meaning ability pacing (at least a certain point) will push Black Hole to be cast when the Fel Surge group is running back in, having dropped it off.

If that happens, or your solo soaker has feltouched, just have him swap with the next person on the list who can do it who doesn't hav efel touched. You can also see where the blackhole will spawn well before it starts sucking the raid in, so move 20 yards away then if it is a bad one.

But really, try to arrange for it to spawn near bait team. If it spawns behind the rest of the group, that should be an unfortunate accident and not a regular occurance.
    5) Do you have a better suggestion for us to soak blackholes? I heard you can mix in the void tank. So, the soak order would be - 1) Tank 2) Lock 3) Rogue 4) Lock - can he soak this fast in a row, 1 min CD for pac right? 5) Tank 6) Rogue With DK/MWer standing by in emergency soak?
    Looking at your comp I would do:

(1) Rogue
    (2) Spriest 1 or DK/MW or Warlock
    (3) Spriest 2 or Warlock
    (4) Whoever is the most competent and durable ranged DPSer you have. Else Warlock.
    (5) Rogue
    (6) SPriest 1 or DK /MW whoever did 2
    (7) Spriest 2 or whoever did 3.
    (8) Might not get this one anymore. But whoever.

4 is the only toughy in the fight really because Chains go out likely before the soaker can get back in. So whoever is out there needs to be survivable for that too. Warlocks are a good choice due to number of defensive CDs.

As for which ones warlock should use assuming Disc Priest shields are there VW+Command Demon, Unending Resolve, Sac Pac in various combinations all work, but I find that for simplicity's sake, Dark Bargain is the best choice to soak it. The Warlock will need to be watched a little when it starts ticking, but it's no big deal. If you don't want to do that, VW+Command Demon + Unending Resolve + Disc Priest shield will leave the warlock with about half health give or take.

Thing is, since you don't have 3 mages, Warlocks may be better with Soul Link than hunters for chains team. So maybe instead put him at bait team and have a hunter deter the black hole (I think that works?). You should also break the chains in a contolled, ordered fashion, not quickly.

As others have said, doing this fight without DKs is going to be obnoxious.

Well, we almost downed him with no DK this week XD Got him to 4% best pull, 7% another pull. Our biggest problem is melee standing in purple void zones and fire getting a little sloppy, but I think we are getting closer to a clean kill.

Here our the updated logs, if anyone can offer any updated advice:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/c1rCxRQ6aTfzVPmh

I was just having two healers soak every blackhole (since healing isn't really needed) until empowered, then would start our solo soaker rotation after I ran out of healers to soak it.

Chains is still a bit sloppy, the raid kind of panics at the end and is too far from the boss so gets chained and ends up killing themselves. Any tips for cleaning up chains? So much running in/out with the fel surges, it just gets outta control.

Thanks for the help so far!

Next week we will have a DK which will make things a lot easier.

Deleted
    Yeah it's pretty much guaranteed you'll get the kill next time you get there. Just try to calm people for the last 35% and emphasize how vital it is for chain group to be stacked up(or atleast close enough to each other) so you don't loose random people in ranged/melee camp to chains as you did.

Only thing your chain group should be needing to move out from is black hole, so if they are moving too much, Other people are causing issues or you just need to adjust your positioning. It's a good idea to have a back up plan for the last 35% for positioning, if you do screw up with fire patches for what ever reason.

We had half of the room covered with fel and void fire due to random stupidity, but still had pretty much everyone but sacrifical BH soaker (for his 2nd) dead at the end for our first kill. I wouldn't change anything atm with how you're doing things(assignments wise), just fix the chain issue and you'll get it.

We just got our first kill of this today, and it turns out you can fail to bait every single empowered chains and lose someone to literally all of them and still kill the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFauJsd-mU

Glory to item upgrades.