Random wow/steam/ventrilo disconnects, but not internet.

Ok here is the deal. About 3-4 times daily i get disconnected from ventrilo. I am unable to run a trace because i get dc'ed, but i am able to reconnect immidiatly. So i won't even have time to react when i dc to run a trace.

In wow i get random dc's 1-2 times a day. But i also get dced from steam chat when that happens. And again. I am able to go straight back into wow. Im not losing connection. Just getting dced.

This happened on my old computer aswell as the new one. So its not a computer issue.

I have tried restarting the router/modem several times. No luck. I am on a wired connection. Not wifi.

I have also tried to change location of the ventrilo server to see if its a routing issue. Which its not. Still happens on all other servers, pluss steam and wow.

Only thing in common with the two computers is windows 10 and the router. Can't really think of anything else. Think i even had different anti virus tools on both computers.

Can this be a windows 10 issue ?
    or what else can i check ?

Possible your DHCP lease time is set too low. Go into your modems settings and see what your lease time is. if its low set it to something higher. Mine is currently set to 360000.

I had a similar issue that you're describing. Turned out my DHCP lease was just set too low. I hope this is the case for you as it will be a very easy fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like you could be capping your RAM, or at least pushing its limits. how much RAM do you have? what architecture are you running 32bit or 64bit? when you have all of those programs running at the same time, plus possibly a browser.. what percentage of RAM are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    sounds like you could be capping your RAM, or at least pushing its limits. how much RAM do you have? what architecture are you running 32bit or 64bit? when you have all of those programs running at the same time, plus possibly a browser.. what percentage of RAM are you using?
    Ummm what? I've never seen connectivity issues related to RAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Ummm what? I've never seen connectivity issues related to RAM.
    i just got done dealing with the same problem. was running 32bit architecture, and using 95% of my 4gigs of recognized RAM, while running those same kinds of programs.

as that limit of RAM was pushed, programs would DC or fail. i changed to 64bit architecture and recognized 8 gigs of RAM, now im only using about 46-49% of my RAM, and having no connection issues.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2015-12-01 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i just got done dealing with the same problem. was running 32bit architecture, and using 95% of my 4gigs of recognized RAM, while running those same kinds of programs.

as that limit of RAM was pushed, programs would DC or fail. i changed to 64bit architecture and recognized 8 gigs of RAM, now im only using about 46-49% of my RAM, and having no connection issues.
    Highly doubt its ram related. I have 16gb ram on a 64bit system. Never using more than 40% that ive seen yet.

Gonna try to check the lease time thing in the modem now.

Does not seem to be a lease issue. Mine is currently expiring on Friday 4 of december.

Also. Im not falling out of all 3 at the same time. Ventrilo can dc while im still on wow. And wow can dc while im still on ventrilo.

Only thing that seems consistant is that when i fall out of either wow or ventrilo. I have also had a tiny dc on steam chat.
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2015-12-01 at 01:20 PM.