Poll: Would you Crowd Source a New Blizzard MMO?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Sure why not!? It worked for WoD right, and they're trying it again with Legion.
    lol, yep. That's a great way to put it. Blizzard isn't getting another dime from me.

crowdfunding a product of a company worth 19 billion - yeah right.

No....because Blizzard doesn't need to crowdfund. They have more than enough money to make a new MMO.

Crowdfunding has it's place, and it's not for large devs/companies to use it to not put up their own money for something. It's for smaller devs and companies to try and get something off the ground that they couldn't have otherwise.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would crowd fund Warcraft 4 RTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Are you joking?

Absolutely not.

Blizzard made WoW without crowdfunding. If they want to make a new MMO, they have the resources to easily do so considering their profits. Sadly, they are not interested in quality products anymore.

But answering the question, no, i would never ever crowd fund any Blizzard product, specially an MMO.

Also, Crowd Funding is not really aimed at Multi Billion Dollar companies like Blizzard. That's just a silly notion.

Blizzard has plenty of money and I've already given them too much over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chompiras View Post
    So I have been following Star Citizen and I am impressed that it has received 80-90 Million of backing so far. I pledged 45 bucks a year ago but I am on the fence on pledging more.
    They're a lost cause if they can't make a good game for 80-90 Million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chompiras View Post
    How is that any different that giving money to another company to make a game? One has no money to start with a questionable track record and the other has the funds to finish it and has a great track record. Isnt the whole point of crowd funding to give money to a company to develop a game that you want to play? Who will have a higher probability of getting done and not go bankrupt in the process?
    A company like Blizzard will complete any game they choose to, with or without your money. Probability is not a factor here.

Nope.

I don't have anymore time anymore for MMOs, Blizzard has WoW already on their hands for t6he MMO genre and Blizzard also has a lot of money so they don't need crowdfunding.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by crowdfund you mean actually just buy the game normally when its released, as it SHOULD be done, yes.

Otherwise, why on earth would we need to actually crowdfund it, ridiculous idea lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I understand the validity of the question. Technically Blizzard is allowing you to "crowd-fund" the majority of their projects already with 6 month to a year pre-orders. I guess if we wanted to see game quality drop, then sure they can fund entire projects mostly from pre-order sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how I would never crowd fund anything my obvious answer is no. Not even for Blizzard.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I feel like crowd funding is more for these start-up companies that otherwise can't afford the resources required to put a game together. Blizzard.....is obviously not in that situation. So, no. I'd probably lose a lot of respect for Blizzard if that happened.

It would be kind of like Microsoft asking for donations to cover development costs for the next version of Windows.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-12-02 at 05:19 PM.

A company large enough to run its own semi-annual convention has no business using the crowd funding model.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

No. Why should anyone crowdfund a game for a billion dollar company? How could Activision-Blizzard possibly be hurting for money so bad they'd simply NEED their fans to give even more than what they're already getting? Doesn't Hearthstone alone bring in like $20 million per month? In one year, they get more than DOUBLE what Star Citizen got through SEVERAL years of crowdfunding. FROM HEARTHSTONE ALONE.

Hell no, not to anyone, and especially not Blizzard. Not only because they already make plenty of money on their own, but I very much doubt my money would go into the development of this new MMO.

Hell no, they are a billion dollar company. They can fund that shit themselves.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.