Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    This is pretty?
    yeah imo they are.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    people who say shes bad are either delusional or jealous
    People who say she's good don't understand what makes a good actor. Just because you're good looking and are in big films doesn't make you a good actor. You sound slightly delusional yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    people who say shes bad are either delusional or jealous
    Personally I think she's pretty awful. She has no charisma on screen at all as far as I'm concerned. If this opinion was based on jealousy, wouldn't I be out there attacking everyone more successful than me?

Also don't understand why people find her attractive. She's got a pretty pudgy, meh-looking body, and quite a case of butterface. Not that I'm anyone to talk here, but then my job isn't looking pretty.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    The Prestige is one of my favorite movies of all time, and lo and behold, Sarjo is in it. SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Also don't understand why people find her attractive. She's got a pretty pudgy, meh-looking body, and quite a case of butterface. Not that I'm anyone to talk here, but then my job isn't looking pretty.
    Because I lot of people hate "perfection" or as it is often called "plastic". Scarjo has a girl-next-door look to her, but in a refined way. Do I think she's the best looking women in Hollywood? No. Do I think she's damn good looking? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I think theres alot of jealous people in this thread shitting on a talented actress... but thats just my opinion.
    Ah, the old "you think someone who I think is talented is not, must be because you are jealous and not because you are a different human being than me with differing opinions" line.
    I don't find her to be a good actress, I don't find her to be pretty either.
    Sorry if that makes you feel bad I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    She used to be pretty.
    And still is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Ah, the old "you think someone who I think is talented is not, must be because you are jealous and not because you are a different human being than me with differing opinions" line.
    I don't find her to be a good actress, I don't find her to be pretty either.
    Sorry if that makes you feel bad I guess?
    Ah, the old "you think someone, who I don't think is talented, is talented. I must retort to this since she makes me feel insecure about myself" line.
    Blablabla
    Sorry if you feel bad I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    But that's the point, isn't it? She's a female celebrity and we're supposed to think she's some 12/10 Aphrodite goddess... Say what you like about unrealistic beauty standards (and photos that would be unflattering for nearly anyone), but if part of her draw as an actress is supposed to be her attractiveness, I don't think it's unfair to point out that maybe she's not all that hot.

Anyway, back on topic. I guess I'll have to check out some of her other movies. Maybe my opinion of her would have been different if I'd seen those first, but as it is...it's kinda like if you told me Kristen Stewart was amazing when she's not in Twilight movies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    She's ugly, dude. You just don't notice because you're brainwashed by media, or what they call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    She used to be pretty.
    It's like I said, I understand people have different tastes...but to say that she isn't at all pretty is frankly objectively wrong. You may not personally find her attractive, that's fine idc.

I'm a straight male, but I can still identify men that are "handsome" even if I don't personally find them attractive I know that on a scale they are better looking than most. Similarly if a person truly believes that Johansson isn't at all pretty, I hate to imagine what they think of a "normal" girl, or if they manage not to retch when walking into a walmart.

...idk why this is even a hot button issue for me. It's not Johansson that I'm even defending or care about, obviously she has more than enough support. I just really don't like that people don't articulate the difference between "not pretty" and "not for me," that I feel is what perpetuates the ridiculous scale of the beauty standard. I mean personally, truly, weight is the only big factor for me as an indicator of personal health and care; the more athletic (not simply thin or skinny) the more attractive I think a woman is. After that I've found something attractive in pretty much every woman I've personally known. And it's not a "white knight" or "SJW" kinda thing, I just think that realistically "beauty" should be something that starts with the every day woman around you and scales up to hollywood/media level, which is much different from starting at the hollywood/media level and scaling down.

She's a decent actress. Some roles she shines in, others not so much.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Might that have something to do with the fact that she is an actress?
    acter/actress does not matter lol xD. didnt mean didnt point on"this" difference

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Similarly if a person truly believes that Johansson isn't at all pretty, I hate to imagine what they think of a "normal" girl, or if they manage not to retch when walking into a walmart.
    Well, there's a difference between someone's inherent appearance and how well they take care of their body. Johansson may look better than a random person off the street, but largely because, again, it's her job to look pretty. But her inherent attractiveness is very low to me. Honestly, a lot of female hollywood stars look like ass. The epitome for me is Angelina Jolie; that woman has such a horribly ugly face I honestly find it very distracting every time I see her in anything. Then there's Keira Knightley, who looks just ridiculous. She has like one facial expression. Sort of Angelina Jolie, actually. And Johansson as well. Then there's Olivia Wilde (I'm just browsing this 'most beautiful hollywood actresses' list I googled)... I could go on for a while, but I'll stop.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the reason this is the case is because these women are selected for standing out, not for being pretty. I see lots of way more attractive women randomly in the streets all the time. Or maybe it's just say you say, they don't look attractive to me because of some way my brain assigns attractiveness to faces, or whatever. But I'm serious when I say that I think lots of these women look very unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I mean personally, truly, weight is the only big factor for me as an indicator of personal health and care; the more athletic (not simply thin or skinny) the more attractive I think a woman is.
    Is she athletic, though? To me she just looks like what you condemn as not attractive when referring to it as "simply thin or skinny"; her shoulders look weak, her arms are like twigs, her thighs look weak, her stomach is meh, etc. To me it just looks like all she's got going for her is that she's not fat, and she doesn't have some kind of horrible birth defect or weirdly proportioned body or something. Her body isn't ugly, but it's not like, wow, hottest hollywood actress or something, where some lists apparently put her. She doesn't even look like she works out.

Incidentally, this thread is the most I've through about or looked at pictures of her probably in my entire life. I guess this is how people get sucked into the hollywood gossip timesink. I'd better call it quits here.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, she sucks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lett_Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum
    Light colored eyes, cute smile, big lips and big boobs.

If she sucks. Then you go do a better job.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Or does she just do superhero movies for the paycheck and couldn't care less about her performance in them? To be fair, I've only ever seen her in those roles (and some "horror" movie about spiders when she was a teenager), so my opinion isn't as informed as it could be. But damn...every time I hear her talk in the trailer for something I have to roll my eyes and wait for the soulless delivery to be over so we can get back to anyone else.
    She is my favorite African-American actress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You did not like the mystical USB stick of the Cosmos? I am sure it gives +2000 INT to any that hold its.
    That was beyond lame.

I mean, Mass Effect 3 had a better ending.
    Putin khuliyo

Definitely wouldn't be as interesting without the cans
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    One of the most overrated actress of our time.