Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Nope, I don't "bitch" about ethnicity at all. You obviously can't read. I don't care about peoples ethnicity, I care about the culture on the other hand, because culture shapes behaviour, ethnicity doesn't.
    Ah-huh, sure. I call a spade a spade love

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Maybe some of those bad places in Africa will strike Oil soon~
    I hear Wakanda has a stockpile of Vibranium, oh wait.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Ah-huh, sure. I call a spade a spade love
    No, you just engage in personal attacks based on your own stupid ideas on what a person likes or dislikes, rather than what actually is. You never have any good arguments, most of what you do is personal attacks when people disagree with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    No, you just engage in personal attacks based on your own stupid ideas on what a person likes or dislikes, rather than what actually is.
    Pot. Kettle. Black

You can't pull the shit your allowed to do in America in Africa or most parts of the world. Stop projecting your other-wordly views that the world is this safe democratic land pacified by US movies.

Pot. Kettle. Black
    Poop. Pee. Face.

Everyone here arguing for natural development of acceptance of LGBT" is missing 2 major points.

The current attitudes against LGBT were wholly introduced by colonizers, who obliterated much of Africa's culture then left, and when I say left I really mean kept stealing wealth but took down the flags.

The most heinous anti gay stuff, say Uganda, is as a direct result of the most vicious hateful anti LGBT people being frustrated with the liberal attitudes of the countries where they live and turning to Africa to peddle their particular horrific brand of Christianity.

Africa's a continent, not a country, and there are places in it that range from modern metropolis to war torn hellhole, but the attitude that they somehow did it to themselves, that the countries that actively participated in the destruction of the country are in no way at fault is some real disgusting shit.

Look no further than the religious institutions to find the source of some of the most anti civilization propaganda.
    Catholic Church says condoms don't work, Missionaries preach that LGBT people are demons that are destroying the country, it's like a Westboro Baptist Church paradise, where poverty and lack of stability in many countries allow these disgusting people to impose their own personal hatred on the psyche of a country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear Wakanda has a stockpile of Vibranium, oh wait.....
    Now that their president T'Challa has the infinity gauntlet, it's going to take a lot of power to get to that vibranium.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    At present most of Africa (with the notable exception being South Africa) presents some of the worst LGTB Rights in the world. In several countries homosexual men and women face heavy criminal penalties dependent on country. From as little to five years to execution. While I'm not implying everyone should be obligated socially to accept those of bisexual, homosexual and transsexual status, but can we as the West and East stand to criticize Russia when you habe Northern Nigerians men possibly being executed for their sexual orientation?

I'm no way saying that we should "save" the entire continent of Africa, but faster developing African nations like those of Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria imo could be potentially pressured into allowing more libertarian values for it's citizens.
    There are plenty of human rights watchdog groups operating in Africa. There's just less media coverage in Africa in general because the "safe spaces" (i.e. embassies and what not) are fewer and far-er between for journalists to run and seek shelter if they piss local officials off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    There are plenty of human rights watchdog groups operating in Africa. There's just less media coverage in Africa in general because the "safe spaces" (i.e. embassies and what not) are fewer and far-er between for journalists to run and seek shelter if they piss local officials off.
    Konie 2012!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    We shouldn't mess with their cultures imho. They have to solve this problems on their own.
    A big part of the LGBT hat in africa is because of an american campaign. There are some fat reps traveling and telling everybody to hate gay people.

Deleted
    Send the feminazis down there, see how fast they turn tail and come back to complain about the "patriarchy" in the west

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is barbaric. Yes we should be criticizing them. Why wouldn't we? They are objectively incorrect on this subject. Only a relativist would shake their head and justify these executions by culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Before LGBT rights can even start to flourish the society needs to go through a cultural shift.

The US/EU went through its own shift in the 60's and 70's. The Sexual/Hippie/New Age revolution. After Africa, the Middle East, etc, go through something similar, gay rights, women's liberation, etc, will follow.

China is not exactly "gay friendly" either, though gay people are not executed, and homosexualty was decriminalized:

Russia is actually going backwards; but that is no surprise with Putin in charge.
    I see your point.

A lot of blame goes to American evangelism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    THe question is, what caused the sexual revolution in the Western world? Can we instigate it in other places of the world? Do we have any reason to believe that it will unavoidably occur there at some point?
    I would say that it's extremely likely to occur at some point, because it's a part of human nature that's really only resisted by pervasive anti-homosexual cultural influences. These influences break down over time with education, communication, and exposure to the idea. So as long as these countries are investing in these aspects of society, they are indirectly bringing their culture closer to acceptance.

Of course, I don't see anything wrong with accelerating the process, probably via communication/exposure.

Should be good, there is a lack of white cis men there, who are the people least receptive to LGBT rights and most opposed to equality. The only problem is, there might be residual white cis maleness still lingering from the post colonial age that might dupe Africans into being less receptive than they naturally would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Basic and human rights across the world could be much better then they are, no country is exempt from that. As far as LGBT rights, most countries just turned the page on that or in the process of it now. So lets not act like the ones that haven't are stuck in the stone ages. Fix the issues where you live it will ripple outwards.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."