3 Years later and Command Demon still does not reflect changes in a Macro...

How the hell has this not been fixed, I can't be the only one with this issue on my Warlock.

If you put Command Demon directly into your action bars everything works fine (except it feels like there is alwas a bit of a delay? at least to me)
    If you put Command Demon into a Macro the only icon you will ever see... is Command Demon, not whatever spell it actually is so if you have your pet out it will not show the change and if you sac a fel hunter for example you will also not see "Spell Lock" but just "Command Demon".

Please tell me im not the only one with this stupid bug that seemingly is never ever getting fixed.

I feel like there's either a fix in the macros forum that you're missing or this just isn't something the limited, in-game macro interface can achieve but could be done easily with an addon.

In the case of icons not changing in a macro, it's usually because you're calling a static spell that you created, not the spell it pulls from. Think of your macro as your own spell (just not in the spellbook). It achieves all the same goals of Command Demon but lacks its functionality because you didn't program it the same way Blizzard programmed their spell.

Nothing's wrong with the API, you just need a way to program your macro to look for the updated spell (Spell Lock, for example) and adjust its icon as appropriate. This may be possible with the default UI (again, I point you to the macro forum) or an addon.

Hope that at least clears up the concern.

Code:
    #showtooltip [pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[pet:felguard]Felstorm;[pet:imp]Cauterize Master;Command Demon
    /cast Command Demon
    #showtooltip can use macro conditionals. One of those conditionals is pet: pet_name which will only trigger when the pet with that name is alive. You can then default to command demon when there is no pet. I don't know if it uses the pet's actual name, like Fizpik or whether it'd be imp, but you hopefully get the idea.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip [pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[pet:felguard]Felstorm;[pet:imp]Cauterize Master;Command Demon
    /cast Command Demon
    #showtooltip can use macro conditionals. One of those conditionals is pet: pet_name which will only trigger when the pet with that name is alive. You can then default to command demon when there is no pet. I don't know if it uses the pet's actual name, like Fizpik or whether it'd be imp, but you hopefully get the idea.

HTH
    That's neat, but that doesn't quite work for Sacrifice where I i'd need a Addon to actually reflect the change as Blizzards own implementation is none at all and you simply can not do what needs to be done in a normal Macro, maybe in a script if that fits. No idea if someone created one.