Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    How on earth do you figure it's a false argument when you turned around and said it applies to any MMO? That somehow because I used that argument for SWTOR it is false?
    Because nobody making the argument is new, the whole point of the criticism is that it comes from people actively playing the game - either hardcore or casual.

As for me bringing up other MMO's, specifically Champions Online, was to highlight that even long abandoned MMO's can be counted as "having tons of content!" for new players, despite anyone who actually plays it sitting around for upwards of years with little to nothing to do that they haven't done hundreds of times already.

But you are right about WOW and champions or any MMO for that matter. New gamers have a bunch to do but thats not entirely what we've been discussing is it?
    No matter what you are in the game, there is progressive content, there is rewarding content depending on how you want to progress your toons. Even for older gamers, problem is, its content you did but you can progress your toon. New gamers have plenty of content, rewards and progressive to boot.
    The whole point of new content is that it's new, not simply just upscaled old content. Old content that's upscaled and tweaked can help support new content, and often times does in MMO's. But using it as the primary drive of new "progression" doesn't make it new, interesting, or any more fun than it was the dozens/hundreds of times you've run it already.

"The game has a lack of character progression associated with the current end game structure while also mandating character progression as the main form of progression." Where in SWTOR is there not progressive content at end game even if it's a bit less for older gamers. It might not be new content for older gamers but they can progress their toons. Especially so power wise. It's just a whole lot better if you're new. The above quote is a bit dishonest.
    Again, completely rehashing 1+ year old content by changing enemy stats doesn't make it new or interesting. Hence why you often see criticism when older content rehashed compared to brand new dungeons/raids etc., and that's usually when it's a small part of the progression content as compared to literally the only progression content. Would you want to run the exact same 1-2 dungeons/raids for years if they were just simply updated with higher enemy stats? Would that be "new" and "enjoyable" content?

I'd be the first to say there isn't anything new to SWTOR besides story and one barely worth running H2 FP. But I'd be quite dishonest if I said the above quote even for someone who has played as long as I have. There is rewarding progressive content for power and character. If you can complete the content. That goes for any player.
    There is progressive content for power, but the whole point of the criticism that I've read (and that I agree with) is that it's not new content. It's the exact same shit many players have been doing since launch, and others for 1+ years. Just because it gives you slightly better gear now doesn't inherently make it more interesting or "rewarding" than it was 12+ months ago.

You'd have to be some kind of fool to not see the difference in the past posts debate.
    Guess I'm a fool, then. Because again, for someone who has played for 1+ years, there's naught but a single dungeon that's new in this expansion. And the FP/OP's are the primary method for character progression being the weekly quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's a false argument, though. You can make that argument for literally any MMO that's been around for a while. You could make that argument for new/haven't played since launch players for Champions Online, a game that's seen next to nothing in terms of content updates for at least a few years now. But it would be a hilariously ludicrous argument, because anyone actually playing the game in any capacity, either hardcore or casually, will tell you that there's not much to do.

You could make that argument for new players to WoW during its 12 month content droughts between the final patch and the expansions, which would likewise be silly. Because there's either little or no new content, there's just the content that's existed in the game for years.
    But at least with the long luls in content in wow they release NEW raids. They redid MC but only for what? A few months then shut it off. Raiders who have raided swtor since start want more to do than EV and KP over again. We want more than EC, SnV, DF, and DP. Why? because its been done and beaten to death with a stick thats about to break. People in wow with nothing to do have beaten all raid content and are bored with pvp or not into pvp.

SWTOR there is nothing that I want to do far as raids go and pvp became meh for me a while back. love the game but there isnt enough for me to do that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    SNIP....

There is progressive content for power, but the whole point of the criticism that I've read (and that I agree with) is that it's not new content.
    And that is the problem with what we have been debating. He didn't bring up NEW content and I have been repeatedly. If new was all we were talking about I wouldn't have had need to say much. It's was a BS blanket statement of, "The game has a lack of character progression associated with the current end game structure while also mandating character progression as the main form of progression."

That is a dishonest statement. Because there is progression. Character progression and power progression. Problem is if you are an old gamer that progression comes from running old content which isn't all that fun but it will progress your toon and give rewarding gear or decos or looks or mounts. Normal MMO stuff.

No one is arguing the general lack of NEW. I'm arguing someone saying there being a lack of progression and where new or old gamer makes a big difference but it's still got character progression no matter what.

It's the exact same shit many players have been doing since launch, and others for 1+ years. Just because it gives you slightly better gear now doesn't inherently make it more interesting or "rewarding" than it was 12+ months ago.
    No it doesn't but saying there isn't progression content would still be a lie. Hence why I brought up new or old gamer because that makes a world of difference when it comes to SWTOR and no matter what category you fall into, there is still progression content. Will gamers find it interesting? Well lets find out how long they have been around if at all because thats going to matter a lot as well as how bad do you want to progress.

Guess I'm a fool, then. Because again, for someone who has played for 1+ years, there's naught but a single dungeon that's new in this expansion. And the FP/OP's are the primary method for character progression being the weekly quests.
    And you are right, there is nothing new to run besides that one H2 FP. But there is plenty of character progression content that will reward you with better gear and thats before you even get into the weekly quests for crystals.

There is a pretty big difference when you talk about old and new content and you also throw in there not being enough character progression content and if it is rewarding or not (If you're not looking for gear, decos, different looks or mounts then there is a different problem that new or old content).

Old or new gamer, starts to matter a bit more in that discussion but no matter what, character progression content is there. No matter how it's twisted, how little new content is there, you can progress your toons. BUT are you doing it as a new player where it's all roses or are you an old gamer progressing your toon but doing 1-4 year old content. It can still be rewarding and is because you are still progressing your toons.

You cannot make some blanket statement of there not being enough character progression content when there is plenty. Old or new gamer, there is progression content. Not enough NEW content and that does indeed suck because if you played a while you're redoing it to progress but there is character progression available and it is as rewarding as any other MMO end game for what drops. If you want to argue no new content well I'd be happy to do that but I doubt we get anywhere because it seems we both agree on that part but saying there is a lack of progression content. Well thats just a bit false and especially so without a bit more explanation.

When do we get our Jan 11 subscriber rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Rust in Peace View Post
    When do we get our Jan 11 subscriber rewards?
    REWARD: HK-55 COMPANION
    BE A SUBSCRIBER ON: JAN 11
    GET REWARDED ON: FEB 11

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/r...kt-t-us-hp-221

Deleted
    Someone said in guild earlier that today every subscriber gets a jet pack mount, can't find out for sure tho since official site is down for maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Someone said in guild earlier that today every subscriber gets a jet pack mount, can't find out for sure tho since official site is down for maintenance
    As long as you're a subscriber at the first of the month you get the HK inspired stuff it seems. February 1 for the Jet pack.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

BioWare also announced a new Subscriber Rewards program offering players a series of unique monthly in-game reward items themed to the HK-55 Assassin Droid:

Players who are Subscribers on January 11, 2016 will receive HK-55 as a permanent personal Companion.

Those who are Subscribers on the first of each month, from February through August 2016, will receive an in-game reward item themed to HK-55’s gear and weapons along with two-day Early Access to the chapter releasing that month.

Subscribers as of February 1, 2016 will receive the HK-55-inspired Jetpack Mount, built to withstand the harshest of conditions as players hover their way through the galaxy.

Players who stay subscribed through the period of January 11 to August 1, 2016 will be invited to play a bonus chapter in which they can play as HK-55!

Conditions and restrictions apply, for more information on the Subscriber Rewards program, visit
    www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/fallen-empire/rewards
    Last edited by quras; 2016-01-12 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    As long as you're a subscriber at the first of the month you get the HK inspired stuff it seems. February 1 for the Jet pack.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

BioWare also announced a new Subscriber Rewards program offering players a series of unique monthly in-game reward items themed to the HK-55 Assassin Droid:

Players who are Subscribers on January 11, 2016 will receive HK-55 as a permanent personal Companion.

Those who are Subscribers on the first of each month, from February through August 2016, will receive an in-game reward item themed to HK-55’s gear and weapons along with two-day Early Access to the chapter releasing that month.

Subscribers as of February 1, 2016 will receive the HK-55-inspired Jetpack Mount, built to withstand the harshest of conditions as players hover their way through the galaxy.

Players who stay subscribed through the period of January 11 to August 1, 2016 will be invited to play a bonus chapter in which they can play as HK-55!

Conditions and restrictions apply, for more information on the Subscriber Rewards program, visit
    www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/fallen-empire/rewards
    Ah thanks for clearing that up,, appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're a subscriber at the first of the month you get the HK inspired stuff it seems.
    Thanks for the clarification brb jumping off a bridge :/
    Well now i feel like shit i subbed on 12th of january meaning i wont be getting the HK-55 droid...
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kidoeng7 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification brb jumping off a bridge :/
    Well now i feel like shit i subbed on 12th of january meaning i wont be getting the HK-55 droid...
    You wont get HK-55 but you can always go and get HK-51 and the likelihood their different is very slim. Every companion is pretty much generic now except maybe treek and some very minor difference depending on which MH they have. Very little to no uniqueness to them.

I don't feel HK-55 will break that mold. If you really want an HK droid. Go after HK-51. It takes a bit longer and parts of it are boring but you could get him and have an HK droid.

And truthfully, what made HK-55 so interesting was his story interaction. Things he did in story. Having him as a companion will be no different than any of the other 24 companions and probably no different than HK-51 and given that HK-55 is dead and wont really be showing up in the story for his more interesting dialogue and actions (that made him cool). I seriously doubt it's a big loss.

To be honest the jet pack looks pretty cool can't wait to get that and the HK-55 companion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well loosing up on free things makes me sad :P but that said i am having so much fun in this game that it wont make a great difference
    Retired