Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Canada tend to be much more objective toward issues like this. We don't have overwhelming movements like the US can have. We like to think before we act, which is not the case with Third Wave Feminism, BLM and US Colleges/Universities.

I'm not saying americans are more stupid. However I do say your medias tend to use any bit of information - even false ones - to create discussions and movements that shouldn't even exist.
    You guys just elected a high level SJW to be your Prime Minister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there human beings on the shred of land you talk of, yes? Then there is high racism chances as well, sadly. And I wouldn't believe a country claiming to have no racism.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    That's hardly comparable to what Africa went through. Why Eastern Europe is much less progressed than Western Europe?
    The south-east/eastern parts of asia wasn't exactly conflict free during the time people colonized Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    The south-east/eastern parts of asia wasn't exactly conflict free during the time people colonized Africa.
    Not as much as Africa, America or ME. Not even close.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Does racism exist in Canada? Is there even black people in Canada? I was wondering because all I see on TV is the black lives matter movement (white lives don't matter?) in the USA and I was wondering if it was applicable in Canada?
    Prejudice exists up there, but undergoes a color change from black to red. Canadian racists rarely (if ever) hate black people; instead, Canadian racists hate native Americans and Asians (especially Chinese). During 2 years in Edmonton, I don't think I heard one racist remark about black people. On the other hand, whenever someone breathed the words "First Nations", they magically devolved the nearest white male Canadian into an angry Neanderthal, who proceeded to spew incoherent fragments like "dem don't pay taxes!", "dey're all freeloaders, eh!", "buncha' drunks/criminals", etc. ...in other words, the same rubbish our racists yell about black people.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Constant wars over a 300 year period with Siam and other factions. Then in the 19th/20th century, britain and france appearing, not managing to win over Siam.

People in africa, america or me were already racist to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    People in africa, america or me were already racist to each other.
    We are talking about crime statistics and I already gave up on the discussion.

Honestly haven't seen it personally but there are assholes everywhere so I am sure there is a little.

Does racism exist in Canada? Is there even black people in Canada? I was wondering because all I see on TV is the black lives matter movement (white lives don't matter?) in the USA and I was wondering if it was applicable in Canada?
    I've heard from a number of Canadian guildies over the years that it's common but depends on where you live. And also that it's not quite the same as American racism, maybe less specific. Not sure other than that.

Can't speak from personal experience since I'm obviously not Canadian, eh?

Deleted
    Probably yes but ppl in Canada aren't drama queens and white knights of political correctness and don't cry in media about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    You guys just elected a high level SJW to be your Prime Minister.

Ah yes,...Justin Trudeau is a SJW....Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It's 2015, bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    He's probably the closest any politician will get.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

You can't be serious...

Yes, it exists but its not as prevalent as rights groups would have you think.

My dad told me a story of the first day of school after he immigrated here from India. He was jumped because some people were feeling extra racist due to the vaisakhi parade the day before. My dad did not even know about the parade because it wasn't something they did in India (the whole point of the parade here in Canada is to show how much power the indo-canadians wield.)

Another time he was on the bus in Surrey and overheard two elderly Canadians of Indian descent talking about the election. They didn't know who they were voting, just that he was "our guy." However, recently a white guy was elected in that riding (basically was impossible to win in the past unless you were Indian.)

I, personally have never experienced any racism, the only time my race comes up is when people ask because being mix race I have an exotic look to both races.