Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Different Artifact Apperance for Dual-Wield?

Oi! Sorry if there's a post about this already but I couldn't find any so here we go.

Do we have any information on if dual-wielders can pick a different appearance for each blade?

I would personally pair the first more sharper icy blade in my main hand with the more blunt ice-covered one in the off-hand (Razorice being an Ice-Enchant).
    Anyone know if there's any info on this?

EDIT: Appearance*
    Last edited by mmoc1d64edf92d; 2015-12-02 at 01:57 AM.

Deleted
    Well, shit. Is this 100% confirmed?

Deleted
    I'm not REALLY sure about this, in fact I don't have source but.. Aren't the swords -literally- a pair? Unless Tanks and Healers (and non staff-wielding casters) which gets an offhand based on their mainhand skin, Frost DK (as shamans and monks and rogues) have an actual pair of weapons. And they are both moggable (unless said Offhands)...
    So, unless previous poster has a source, I'm more thowards the thought that they are separately customisable.

That being said, I have no 100% fact seal of approval either, here. So take my words with little salt and we will see what Beta tester will... Uh, test.
    (and if they end up being not separate moggable weapons, I'll be a sad panda.)

It is my understanding that each can be transmogged individually.
    As for picking a different appearance from the artifact appearance options, that remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is my understanding that each can be transmogged individually.
    As for picking a different appearance from the artifact appearance options, that remains to be seen.
    I also remember them saying that we can't transmog other weapons to look like our artifacts (yet). So for now I'm guessing that we can't 'mix and match', unless we mog one of the blades into an older weapon. However I'd like to believe that they will allow this in a future build, shouldn't be too hard to implement.

To add, I also hope that we'll be (finally) allowed to choose how we sheath our 1 handers. Would be a nice addition along with the new 'hide shoulder' option.

Deleted
    I don't remember where (blizzcon propably) but i heard that a pair of items (like shield and sword, two swords etc.) will appear as one item in your inventory. You will not be able to equip one of them, same thing with transmog. They might change that if poeple complain enough though

Edit: turned out it's not that way - Icebringer and Soulreaper are separate
    Last edited by mmoca4d80be4eb; 2015-12-03 at 03:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having 1 item equiped and displaying 2 makes it basicly a 2h (stats) ?

I couldn't find it with a google search, but I'm about 80% positive they should DW artifacts wouldn't be able to use different skins at blizzcon

They are two different weapons unlike some solo artifacts that make something appear in the other hand.

Deleted
    I'm sort of sad that the frost blades aren't across your back but on the sides

I Imagine we'll be able to transmog each separately though. Maybe not with its 'alternate skins' but the normal transmog will be fine for it.

IIRC they confirmed that you can only have one "skin" at a time, therefore you cant have a different appearance on your offhand and your mainhand, you can always transmog one of them ofc
    Last edited by Reapocalypse; 2015-12-04 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    IIRC they confirmed that you can only have one "skin" at a time, therefore you cant have a different appearance on your offhand and your mainhand, you can always transmog one of them ofc
    Where is your source that states this specifically for classes with two actual weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by RockmSockm View Post
    Where is your source that states this specifically for classes with two actual weapons.
    as i said, IIRC, but i suppose your right, it was in context with the enhancement weapon, but as we have seen on beta you cant "select" one of your weapons when changing the appearance of it in general. (cant give a source atm, you can see it in any VOD/Vid of the artifact)

Edit: have to correct myself, cant find the appearance change menu in any footage of a death knight, only on the ret paladin weapon.
    Last edited by Reapocalypse; 2015-12-04 at 12:58 AM.

From what they have said, it depends on the weapons. For Frost DK, the two artifact weapons are separate, and have different appearances/transmogs. However, for instance, Enhancement only has an "elemental" off-hand that is based on the mainhand appearance. Rogues seem to have matched weapons, but Protection has independent sword and shield.

In short: Frost has two independently named weapons that have separate appearances (as noted in the initial reveal), while other dual-wield weapons have synced appearances.

Transmog yes, Artifact skins no.

The swords are two different equippable items, but the artifact is the set of swords, not the swords individually. They will always look the same unless you transmog them.

Thanks for the information. It seems an odd way to proceed with the artifact appearance but I guess it makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    The frost weapon intro video posted last night shows two individual swords. One for each hand and both had a unique little script on them. So yeah I'd say you can mog each one individually
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    The frost weapon intro video posted last night shows two individual swords. One for each hand and both had a unique little script on them. So yeah I'd say you can mog each one individually
    Mogging wasn't a doubt (for me at least) Op asked for the artefact appearence, meaning the various skins proper of the artifact and not form other weaps.
    As far as I know, not being in the Alpha party, they are different things.
    The question is if they behave in the same way. If yes, Great! It means you can mog AND reskin your weapon separately. If no, Laaame, because yes you can mog differen skins, but not different artefact appearences.

From the Official site, the Shaman's art preview clearly shows that he's wielding the molten and the original appearence of doomhammer (source http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/blog/19941529/ )
    However, when it comes to Warriors and DKs, in the preview they're wielding the same appearence.
    So is not clear, but there is hope.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    Mogging wasn't a doubt (for me at least) Op asked for the artefact appearence, meaning the various skins proper of the artifact and not form other weaps.
    As far as I know, not being in the Alpha party, they are different things.
    The question is if they behave in the same way. If yes, Great! It means you can mog AND reskin your weapon separately. If no, Laaame, because yes you can mog differen skins, but not different artefact appearences.

From the Official site, the Shaman's art preview clearly shows that he's wielding the molten and the original appearence of doomhammer (source http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/blog/19941529/ )
    However, when it comes to Warriors and DKs, in the preview they're wielding the same appearence.
    So is not clear, but there is hope.
    the molten version of doomhammer in the offhand isn't an actual skin, it's just supposed to be an elemental copy of the hammer in order to justify having dual wield when only one doomhammer exists, the molten skin looks fairly similar to the elemental copy though.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it