Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hanging around in The Barrens, trolling in chat was quite some fun. Razorfen Kraul was one of my first dungeons with Ragefire Chasm being my 1st, running the place for the first time felt amazing. Entering Orgrimmar and Undercity for the first time felt epic, especially when i saw the throne room where Arthas killed Terenas. My friend even hinted to look for the blood where Terenas's crown landed, and to turn up my volume to hear those whispers.

... I'd better leave this thread before I get the urge to install a private server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    ... I'd better leave this thread before I get the urge to install a private server.
    I can feel the warp overtaking me

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    My feeling exactly on flight. Giving players the opportunity to move around invulnerably at will ruined the social aspect. That along with the dungeon finder.
    Dungeon finder? Yeah, it sapped the community (mainly because it's cross server).

Flying? No. I could continue, but there's been a hundred billion threads here on that topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    (I technically began in Vanilla, but practically began in TBC)
    I do in all honesty miss doing the Warlock quests (Have the mount achieve, yaaay) and having Soul Shards, and I do wish to continuing playing as the old Lock.
    But that's only for nostalgia purposes.
    In all reality, I love how the Locks look now and am really happy with the way Demo's are going now.

Else, as said, Desolace among with regulated AV (lasting an hour(?) max) was rather fun.

Murloc raid in western Westfall, going as level 13s vs those murderous level 18s. (Was new, knew nothing about how the level system worked)

Deleted
    The adventure of dragging a newly created elf, trough the wetlands, to join in the human starting zone.

The human starting zones in general (Elweyn, Westfall, Redridge, Duskwood, but also loch modan). Idem for the barrens. Mostly played various low level chars in these zones.

Eventually getting chars higher to end game, and loved the slow progression

Now everything seems so fast paced, luckily for me I am apparently the exact target group. 10y ago I was at uni, which fitted the playstyle. Now I am that 'hated' casual, and again it's a perfect match. I also think the vanilla memory links with a general nostalgia of being younger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    The adventure of dragging a newly created elf, trough the wetlands, to join in the human starting zone.
    [...]
    I admit to not knowing I could resurrect my own pet and when I went out of arrows, I began cutting and slashing around with my 1h sword.
    The good days of a good NElf Huntard.

Leveling my rogue in Teldrassil. I loved the music, the then new weather effects, and the challenge. Every mob chunked health and I had to use cc on every pack. The class quest of pickpocketing a satyr, finding Blackmoss which lead to a quest, and the low intensity/lore heavy quest series "crown of the earth" will always be near and dear to my heart.

Also, if anyone saw that WoW documentary by Blizzard, all their most memorable moments in WoW happened before Cata. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

The Teldrassil->Darkshore->Dustwallow Marsh->Loch Modan->Dun Morogh->Ironforge->Stormwind trek. Was a good half-hour, depending on boat timings--the world felt huge.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

My best memory ever from Vanilla is a tie between two memories:

1 - Getting my deathborne paladin(it used to have mana or mp5 in it for some unknown reason) set for my warrior tank to start Molten Core with my guild(those were literally 200ish runs of scholo).
    2 - Defeating Ragnaros, the first big boss we ever downed, for the first time.

Oh! I also miss entering AV and having people /cheer because a tank had joined the battle haha probably the only reason why I ever pvped back then was because AV was mostly PvE for me =P
    Last edited by Tiev; 2015-12-02 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Best memory was inviting people to our 4-man Headless Horseman groups, then kicking them after they used their quest

Good times...
    I would join a group who asked everyone to link their quest in chat and I'd copy paste somebody elses link and wait for everyone to use their horseman turn. When they eventually asked me to use mine (which I had used) I'd just leave.

Looking back, I was a major cunt. But this is a bit off-topic I suppose? Headless Horseman wasn't vanilla, tho it was nostalgia for me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    /2 LFM 1 dps for Strat timed run!
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember my first character was a Night Elf Rogue. I heard stories about being able to take a boat that would travel to a marshland, and that it was possible to follow the road out of that town to a massive Dwarven city. Nothing will ever beat the feeling of finally getting to Ironforge as a level 20-something in vanilla for the first time.

I've main'd a rogue for most of my WoW playtime, and honestly I still miss my poisons profession. Something about mixing my own toxins and learning a new deadly recipe I enjoyed.
    On the other hand hated leveling lockpicking, so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling for me was just amazing. It felt like an adventurer. Like i was a mercenary, it felt freat at the time. I remember when i got my first mount, i went from undercity to the plaguelands of stratholme. It was amazing.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

My first character, a Night Elf druid... reaching level 20, unlocking Cat Form, and prowling through Ashenvale and later Stonetalon Mountains looking for Horde players to fight. So tense and exciting.

I also fondly remember gaining access to Mount Hyjal, and showing my friends how to do it... one of them was a warlock, so what we did was buff up with Underwater Breathing, swim to the bottom of the immensely deep lake beneath the World Tree, and summon poor saps in there to die (and be consequently unable to corpserun properly, being in good old unfinished Hyjal). At the time, the breath bar ran out much quicker. We were dicks, and I can't believe we were never banned.
    Last edited by Shynra; 2015-12-02 at 07:37 PM.

I miss the people I played with. WoW was my first MMO and I had come from D2 (which had a great community).

My first day I spent so long getting to Burning Steppes because I thought if I killed higher level mobs I would level faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it was not the social aspect. It wasn't the dungeons or the raiding.

It was the leveling. The exploration. The character progression. You cared about your character and the time investment mattered. When you hit 60, it was 60 with a character you've built. It was your.

Now you just have a template.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I dont know if you guys know or remember this, but there was an area where level 1's and shit could get out of the valley of trials area in durotar (starting zone for orcs) by going a certain path through the mountainy area. Over the mountain was the sea. Keep in mind I was around 9 at the time (First started playing at the end of BC and I started with my friend, both were noobs, young, and this was our first MMO). We found the way over the mountain, jumped into the sea, and just kept going. There were sharks in the water that hardly ever pulled because they were far under but sometimes did and killed us, which always had us scared while trying to swim to land somewhere else. We always went to higher level zones on foot and we had the best time we've probably ever had. I'm 18 now, and I think that's the issue. Age. As you grow up things don't seem as fun as they used to, so exploring in an MMO when the main theme of the game is to beat raid bosses or vs other players in PvP doesn't sound as fun as it used to, especially because there are flying mounts/ground mounts accessible to everyone, even level 1's now.

That's what was fun for me, exploring, daring to go to higher level areas, being with my friend while doing it just made it better. It was so much fun considering I was young and it was my first MMO, unfortunately nobody playing wow now can get this experience due to how easy it is to level, how easy it is to obtain mounts, and the fact that there's a mount you can get at level 1. I never played at a high level in BC since I was busy exploring with my friend, but it was definitely a good time to do the exploring. That's what I get nostalgic from.

2 things come to mind. One is a good memory, the other was a different memory.
    1. Horde Onyxia key quest line. The whole thing... traveling the entire world, back and forth to Rexxar, helping out guildies. That was just a lot of fun small group content that I remember fondly.
    2. The UBRS key. I was blessed with being the first (and only for quite some time) guildie to get the UBRS key. I remember having to continuously be near BRM to let groups get in. I think that is what caused me to finally work on my first alt... so I could do something that wasn't right next to BRM. Both this character and my alt have been my 2 primary characters since, so I guess that's a good memory.

Deleted
    should be called "rpg nostalgia"... wtf. I played rpgs (single player) 20 years ago and I realized after a few hours how important the creation of the character was....

Who the fuck played classic on one single character, without one doubt and thought himself as someone who could compete with whoever also plays the game? Sorry no, you couldn't even beat someone on an rpg 10 years before wow and even less people on an rpg 12 years after wow release. Rofl I still laugh at all these nostalgia threads.

Numbers were EVERYTHING even before computer games existed. Ever played pen and paper? Computer rpgs were the same without you annoying people with endless reroll demands REROLL- nostalgia people don't even understand this word because they stayed "noob".
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2015-12-02 at 08:06 PM.