10+ Year Old Account

Rift Update 3.5 - Winter's Wrath

The latest update in Rift is rumoured to be hitting the game this time next week, December the 9th but i'm thinking it's still 2 weeks away

Even though it will mostly consist of the annual Christmas World Event, Fae Yule with lots of added goodies, there's also some changes coming to the game and especially if you're a Patron.

First thing is a new reward system for logging in daily and playing for a few hours, this is known as the Affinity System
    and will reward you with 5 points each day and you'll be able to earn 1 point for every accumulated one hour of game play between each day's reset so can earn 8 points a day

What do you do with these points? why you spend them in the new Affinity tab which will appear on the Rift Sore

Amongst the goodies like unique fishing rods and Lures, new Dimension keys and items, you'll be able to save towards mounts that were previously only available in lockboxes or by waiting months earning the Event currencies

Coming as well, and for the first time in this zone, will be a special Fae Yule Instant Adventure in Iron Pine Peak

This isn't opened yet on the PTS for testing which makes me doubt the rumors of 3.5 coming next week, then again they could do 3.5 next week and not start Fae Yule itself until 2-3 weeks time, we'll know next week.

There's also a few new quests added to Plane Touched Wilds involving flying around some parts of the zone in an airship, flying finally comes to Rift

PvP'ers are not forgotten either as some of the Warfronts are getting changes, Conquest will no longer allow full 20-man raid pre-mades in and you'll be able to upgrade PvP gear to Tier 2 equivalent raid gear.

There's still a lot incoming for 3.5 and Jonus on his site Riftgrate maintains a very up to date info base on what's coming.

http://riftgrate.com/2015/11/19/pts-...h-3-5-content/

http://riftgrate.com/2015/11/21/pts-...ew-dimensions/

Definitely doesn't look like what I remember