Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Except you can store up maelstrom *before* the AoE phase...

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Except you can store up maelstrom *before* the AoE phase...
    True but, considering both of our talents that require FS to be on targets to get an added effect, we will likely be using a full maelstrom bar just applying FS. A few Chain lightnings to restore Maelstrom and the targets are likely dead before we can use EQ totem. They went ahead and took the FS requirement of ST damage (that everyone hated), and went ahead and added it to our AOE. BRAAAAAVO Blizzard.

For reference:
    Magnitude Talent
    Requires Shaman (Elemental)
    Requires level 75
    Any time a target is standing in Earthquake with Flame Shock, gouts of Magma will erupt at their feet, dealing extra damage.

Fury of the Stormlord Artifact Trait
    When you summon your Lightning Elemental, an image of Ra-Den will crash down next to you, sending blasts of lightning towards all targets affected by Flame Shock.

I've seen people solve rubix cube's before Elemental Shamans will be done prepping their full AOE potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    I've seen people solve rubix cube's before Elemental Shamans will be done prepping their full AOE potential.
    No point in multi dotting FS for Magnitude as long as there is no EQ down.

So you drop EQ,Multi dot FS, use Cl to generate Maelstrom for the next EQ.

High Ramp up time? Yes, if you want to maximize damage from Magnitude, but there's still Liquid Magma Totem, Lightning Rod & Stormkeeper for any quick AoE session.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2015-12-10 at 04:17 PM.

You all seem to be forgetting that major glyphs are being removed in legion. This means chain lightning will only chain 5 times hitting 6 targets total.

True but, considering both of our talents that require FS to be on targets to get an added effect, we will likely be using a full maelstrom bar just applying FS. A few Chain lightnings to restore Maelstrom and the targets are likely dead before we can use EQ totem. They went ahead and took the FS requirement of ST damage (that everyone hated), and went ahead and added it to our AOE. BRAAAAAVO Blizzard.

For reference:
    Magnitude Talent
    Requires level 75
    Any time a target is standing in Earthquake with Flame Shock, gouts of Magma will erupt at their feet, dealing extra damage.

Fury of the Stormlord Artifact Trait
    When you summon your Lightning Elemental, an image of Ra-Den will crash down next to you, sending blasts of lightning towards all targets affected by Flame Shock.

if the targets would die in 10 secs or less then you wouldn't apply FS first as 30 sec FS are just as much a waste.
    you'd drop EQ and then apply 10 sec FS which cost no MS

Deleted
    You play a shaman, deal with the nerfs, is it new? no. Do you want to be op ranged class? go mage.

bye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    if the targets would die in 10 secs or less then you wouldn't apply FS first as 30 sec FS are just as much a waste.
    That was his point?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    That was his point?
    it wasn't...

it wasn't...
    All previous posts in this thread reference the fact that EQ's damage will suck without FS on the target and magnitude being used. It's also highly unlikely that EQ dmg WITH FS and magnitude will surpass current empowered EQ dmg. As a matter of fact, I doubt even with the Fury of the Stormlord Artifact Trait that we will exceed current empowered EQ dps (mostly because of how powerful the dps currently is for EQ over 10 sec). That means that for the same amount of AOE dps we are currently doing, which isn't particularly versatile, we will now have to jump through hoops for it in legion.

Your first reply to my post did nothing but present a slightly different scenario where you had to use 6(7 with stormlord)(assuming about 5 mobs) GCD's to BEGIN maximum dps on a 10 second AOE burn, so those adds are likely already dead and using EQ in that AOE situation was a poor decision. Not to mention adds that last more than 10 seconds is being quite generous here. I've progressed throughout all of HFC and there is only Iskar where adds last more than 3 seconds. So the only fight the legion EQ would excel in is a complete and utter joke to progress on.

What do you suppose we do in 3 second burn situations? In Mannaroth, for example, I could MAYBE precast a CL and get 2 empowered EQ's before all imps died. But it was worth it right? Thats because EQ was also a single target dps increase, which seems to be no longer the case in legion. What would I do in this situation in legion? Probably pre-apply lighting rod and try and get 1 or 2 CL's in before they disappear, but that's beside the point as this discussion is about how under powered the state of the mined EQ is.

All i was ever trying to say is that from the initial looks of things, Lighting Rod + Legendary + CL seems to be our new AOE as it isnt nearly as clunky as this new EQ and all its prereq's. That means the title of this thread is looking pretty grim with the current info we have.
    Last edited by Prankish; 2015-12-17 at 09:34 PM.

When Shamans become playable I hope someone with access will yell and scream until they change this crap. I absolutely despise the flame shock requirement to do damage and having to have FS up on adds to have EQ do max damage is beyond idiotic.

Should give us what they gave Resto with healing rain, some sort of ability to explode EQ for most of its damage instantly on a 30 sec cd or something. As it stands, having to spend 4-7 gcds on a 10 second AOE window just sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalliona View Post
    You play a shaman, deal with the nerfs, is it new? no. Do you want to be op ranged class? go mage.

bye
    Hey kid no need to post nonsense in here we have some great intelligent conversation going on the jungle gym is that way ===>GETOUT

Deleted
    As a matter of fact, currently on live, talents like EotE 2xEQ and LQM arent required if you arent padding or your setup is weak (no locks, warriors, rogues, fire mages - eg, never happens).

You can be more than sure that this talents will be backburners and never be picked, like it is currently on live. Lightning Rod is okay, great on fights like mythic Margok last phase or the other typical fights like Thogar, etc. But I dont see an use for Magnitude on WoD encounters, unless its tuned to be strong on 2+ targets (I mean really strong, not some +1% dmg increase, which will be obsolete after progress).

Afaik, you arent scaled down to a specific ilvl in the new CMs - maybe it'll have uses there. But it'll be still 10x more work than other classes have for the same situation.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2015-12-18 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the headache that was Enhance's AOE for the past few xpacs.... needing both FLS and LL to setup our FN aoe. I hated it as well. If your FLS or LL was on CD when the aoe adds spawn you were basically screwed. Tho now FLS won't have a CD or something right?

Looks like if adds will be dying quick, under 10 sec, then CL spam might be the way to go.... but if they will live for 10+ sec then you drop EQ and FLS and all that. Maybe Elem is meant to be more sustained aoe over burst? I dunno... but they still got some time to work on it. I would like to see EQ be used more often.... maybe they could tweak the "Imp CL" perk so that if CL hits 3+ targets it will make EQ instant/do more damage PLUS apply Flame shock to the enemy (or maybe even up to 3 enemies)..... this way you can go CL>EQ>CL spam without needing to waste a gcd on FLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Welcome to the headache that was Enhance's AOE for the past few xpacs.... needing both FLS and LL to setup our FN aoe. I hated it as well. If your FLS or LL was on CD when the aoe adds spawn you were basically screwed. Tho now FLS won't have a CD or something right?
    I without a doubt agree that FS maintenance is silly for our AOE but I wouldnt quite compare it to enchance. Don't you guys currently have a way of spreading FS? Which means that all you have to do is save a LL for add phases, for which the spawn timers are set. Now imagine a world where lava lash DIDN'T spread FS because that's Blizzards brilliant plan for Ele Sham AOE (assuming they have the intention of EQ ever being used again).
    Last edited by Prankish; 2015-12-18 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I without a doubt agree that FS maintenance is silly for our AOE but I wouldnt quite compare it to enchance. Don't you guys currently have a way of spreading FS? Which means that all you have to do is save a LL for add phases, for which the spawn timers are set. Now imagine a world where lava lash DIDN'T spread FS because that's Blizzards brilliant plan for Ele Sham AOE (assuming they have the intention of EQ ever being used again).
    Yea, LL spread FLS... but you couldn't really save it cause it was one of your main dmg abilities. Instead of the obvious choice of making Fire Nova spread FLS, so an aoe spell spreading an aoe dot... they went with single target.

I feel your pain tho. Like I mentioned earlier, maybe they could make CL spread or apply FLS to targets if it hits 3+ so you don't waste time tab targetting. Or you may not even need to have multiple FLS's up.... perhaps just one is enough and with EQ and CL spam it will be competitive.