Page 1 of 51
... LastLast

Mass-Shooting Solution?

Yet another mass shooting here in the United States. As an American I am not only disgusted by the seemingly endless shooting that is plaguing my country, but also I am embarrassed as well. It seems that shooting like this is becoming commonplace in the news, and nothing seems to be changing What, if anything, can be done to address this issue for this epidemic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Control bullet availability more tightly?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Control bullet availability more tightly?
    Clearly we blame the republicans then threaten to pass laws that cripple law-abiding citizens.

We also need to form more cute hashtags. After that we can forget about it till the next shooting.

Well we need to put in laws that stop the criminals from having guns, so TRY THINKING REALLY INTELLECTUALLY HARD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Clearly we blame the republicans then threaten to pass laws that cripple law-abiding citizens.

We also need to form more cute hashtags. After that we can forget about it till the next shooting.
    I didn't say you can't have bullets. I said control them. You can still go to the range and shoot your toys.

Honestly, that's not even my preference, if I'm being honest. I've said on these forums many times I'd prefer if handguns were illegal but hunting rifles and shotguns were legal. It wouldn't stop mass shootings, necessarily, but it would probably help a lot in the day to day gun violence.

I didn't say you can't have bullets. I said control them. You can still go to the range and shoot your toys.
    You do realize the US has had about 5+ years shortage of bullets? And the Government has bought 1.6 Billion bullets themselves, so I wonder where all the people are getting their ammunition from?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Wait until it gets much worse,
    First this - it's a media epidemic, but not an actual epidemic. I'm not saying it's not horrible, but it's certainly not an epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Personally, I think fixing our mental health system
    Second this - it won't handle everything (this particular case looks like it may very well not be a crazy lone wolf), but it's a serious issue that needs work.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no solution. There's always going to be a way to get guns, and there's always going to be some nutjob out there. Always. Making guns, ammo etc illegal won't do anything to keep people from getting them anymore than drugs being illegal stops people from getting high.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

So tell me gun grabbers what law do you propose that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals if your claim that you don't want to ban guns is true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

Yeah but you have to realize all these mass shootings the guns were acquired legally. If these people are getting guns that easily legally there is obviously a problem somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    You do realize the US has had about 5+ years shortage of bullets? And the Government has bought 1.6 Billion bullets themselves, so I wonder where all the people are getting their ammunition from?
    Wal-Mart.

A "shortage of bullets" doesn't mean the bullets were unavailable. It just meant that people were buying them up as fast as they could be produced.

Honestly, that's not even my preference, if I'm being honest. I've said on these forums many times I'd prefer if handguns were illegal but hunting rifles and shotguns were legal. It wouldn't stop mass shootings, necessarily, but it would probably help a lot in the day to day gun violence.
    explain how controlling bullets will prevent mass shootings? you fire as many or more at a gun range then you probably will at a mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Sodka View Post
    Yet another mass shooting here in the United States. As an American I am not only disgusted by the seemingly endless shooting that is plaguing my country, but also I am embarrassed as well. It seems that shooting like this is becoming commonplace in the news, and nothing seems to be changing What, if anything, can be done to address this issue for this epidemic?
    Like, a final Solution? I'm gonna go with no.

7+ Year Old Account

Sorry wasn't trying to be snarky towards you. Honestly.

I do think it is a mental health problem. But a solution is very tricky, and even I admit not knowing a full trick to stopping them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    explain how controlling bullets will prevent mass shootings? you fire as many or more at a gun range then you probably will at a mass shooting
    You make the bullets only available in certain designated areas (like gun ranges, hunting ranches) for use on site.

But again, it's not actually the solution I'd prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop giving every nuthead in that country a gun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry wasn't trying to be snarky towards you. Honestly.

I do think it is a mental health problem. But a solution is very tricky, and even I admit not knowing a full trick to stopping them.
    I don't think there's a way to prevent every nutso in the country from being nutso. That's never going to happen. You might be able to catch some of the people with mental health and help them, but I don't think it's something where you can catch 100%, especially if we aren't willing to be super draconian in how we identify people in need of "help."

7+ Year Old Account
    You make the bullets only available in certain designated areas (like gun ranges, hunting ranches) for use on site.

But again, it's not actually the solution I'd prefer.
    I kind of wish for mandatory mental health checks from time to time. Then again, people could lie or abuse it in other ways....I don't know. Mental health is very overlooked in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Well we need to put in laws that stop the criminals from having guns, so TRY THINKING REALLY INTELLECTUALLY HARD!

France called and said their harshest gun control laws in the world did nothing to stop criminals from having guns ... and using them. RIP to those victims of that act of cowardice.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

How come gang violence where multiple people are shot isn't called a mass shooting?